Ugo and Patrick sitting in a tree

This forum is designed to help us spread the knowledge of armouring.
Ugo
Archive Member

Post by Ugo »

The "asssss..." wasn't for Mike, he was just asking a question which is something I never have a problem with, just some people's reactions to simple curiosity & inquisitiveness.

(Mike, you get more pics of the you know what as soon as my wife shows up with the camera.... :shock: wait, that sounds way wrong... :wink: )
"How I Ioved listening to your sweet prayers every night.
And then you'd jump in your bed, -so afraid I was under there- And I was." -Lucifer-The Prophecy
Destichado
Archive Member

Post by Destichado »

hee hee. No offense Ugo, it's beautiful. And ironicly, on film it'll look better than steel.

I'm just a welder that stares at these things every day. For me, not being able to see the difference is like... not being able to taste the difference betwen tea and coffie.
Memento, homo, quod cinis es! Et in cenerem reverentis!
Amadeo de Montebello
Archive Member

Post by Amadeo de Montebello »

Armour? What armour? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sha-ul
Archive Member

Post by sha-ul »

there is a definite advantage to using aluminum"fun with anodizing"
actually Mr. Hurt has done some really cool pieces that were anodized
I could imagine this kit black anodized :shock: :D
Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience
Aidan of Kingswood
Archive Member

Post by Aidan of Kingswood »

Would it be a small press comic made movie?
James hit it right on the nail. My first thought was that some of my comics were being brought to life.
Vermin
Archive Member

Post by Vermin »

Man, that's pretty cool.

I really need to figure out how to do elbows like that.....I'm ok up until I try to put the curve around the inside of the arm, with the inward crease.

At that point I start inventing new swear words.....

VvS
adamstjohn
Archive Member

Post by adamstjohn »

Oh boy, just wait till Robyn sees this.... :shock:

Kudos points to the film team for not going for Warhammer-style fantasy armour! That alone sold me a ticket to the movie.
/adam lawrence /athestan of wortham /sca drachenwald /thebusinesscomedian.com
"REGINA NOS VIDET"
"What we do is not a sporting event, but a celebration of prowess, art, and culture": after Jehan de Pelham
Woeg
Archive Member

Post by Woeg »

I'll see it!

Over, and over, and over again...

:twisted:
Maelgwyn
Archive Member

Post by Maelgwyn »

Armour looks great...trying to imagine how they will work it in to 1862 Texas...dream sequence maybe?
Sulan Firegaard
Archive Member

Post by Sulan Firegaard »

The story saounds very interesting, but the armour does pose a problem of timing...
I do hope to see it and find out how things are resolved.

I also noted that there are two movies to follow this, more armour to be made?
(more auditions....?)
fightdesigner
Archive Member

Post by fightdesigner »

Nice armor. Strange sword though- generally on the irish hilts like that, the tang still came through the open circle and out the other side, where it was peened. I'm guessing this is an aluminim prop sword blade with riveted scales for the grip?

Sorry, sword geek- armor's still just the new thing I'm learning about, but I'm definitely a sword geek.
Freelance hack... and slash, and boom, and thump...
robyn
Archive Member

Post by robyn »

Ugo wrote:Heh! It's 18ga 6061-0 (aluminum) It's quicker to work and actors love it 'cause they're whimps when it comes to weight.
Who says that? WHO SAYS THAT????!

I AM an actress! And I guess my armour is (compared to the body weight) the heaviest armour in the region (about 40-50% body weight, depending on weapon form).

tzzzz....

:?:

Pretty woman, still. I wonder if she could fight in that kit. My breastplate is quite loose but sometimes, when I have to breathe in very deep the straps have to stretch quite a bit.
don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful piece of work, I would say art, and for a film it's amazing. But to all those (new) girls out there: a bp with a waist like this can even be dangerous in a real sport....

Well, but aeth is right: for wandering around on an event I would LOVE something like those (and here I wouldn't mind the alu ;) )

cool art

Rob
It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
James Gordon
brookswift
Archive Member

Post by brookswift »

I AM an actress! And I guess my armour is (compared to the body weight) the heaviest armour in the region (about 40-50% body weight, depending on weapon form).
heh, then my kit being more than 50% of my body weight (i weigh 175, the kit is 100) really IS the heaviest kit around. I had some fun when I had both a ballroom dancing demo AND an SCA fighting demo back to back at my school. There's nothing like doing jive on concrete with 100lbs of armor on...

with armor like that on though, you don't have to fight. you just have to coo softly and melt whatever opponents you come up against.
Browin Auld
Archive Member

Post by Browin Auld »

Fantastic.

And that took a lot for me to say, as you have beaten me to my goal of producing the first PRACTICAL suit of armor for a woman... I'm into quite a bit of fantasy works and LARP's and such, and the amount of utter CRAP that gets passed as "armor" for females is enough to make me put out my eyes sometimes. So, long story short, I'm jealous, you jerk!! :x

Great work. :D
Browin Auld
Archive Member

Post by Browin Auld »

Oh, one more thing...

Maybe it's the fantasy dork in me coming through here, but I'd love to see the concept sketch followed to the T. Not that the finished product is a huge deviation, but it just seems to me that the sketches are a bit more aesthetically(sp?) embellished.