Any "deployed" SCAdians around?

For those of us who wish to talk about the many styles and facets of recreating Medieval armed combat.
Cuillen O'Connaill

Any "deployed" SCAdians around?

Post by Cuillen O'Connaill »

Might be an odd question.

Haven't been on the Archive in Ages and haven't been active in the SCA for even longer. 8) I know I used to see when some other members were deployed with their mundane jobs. So I figured I'd ask just in case. I'm getting bored over here in the Middle East (Kuwait) and was hoping to find some like minded individuals. Anyone know of some folks over here or similar groups? I've been working on my Heavy kit and was thinking of having some other stuff sent over if I can find others that are interested.

Z
"Though I must admit, the thought of A*****d curled into a fetal position, crying like a scared Brownie who had her cookies stolen gave me some cause to smile...but only for a moment. "T Bob

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for sega!
Aaron
Archive Member

Re: Any "deployed" SCAdians around?

Post by Aaron »

It is an old thread but a fun thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86544&hilit=Uranium+kuwait

Good luck!
Cuillen O'Connaill

Post by Cuillen O'Connaill »

Aaron wrote:It is an old thread but a fun thread.

Good luck!

Thanks! I remember reading that thread back then! Completely forgot about it. It is dated and everyone that posted rotated back out of here. 8)

Z
"Though I must admit, the thought of A*****d curled into a fetal position, crying like a scared Brownie who had her cookies stolen gave me some cause to smile...but only for a moment. "T Bob

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for sega!
Nyckname

Post by Nyckname »

Well, there used to be a group on an aircraft carrier...
Aaron
Archive Member

Post by Aaron »

Cuillen O'Connaill wrote:
Aaron wrote:It is an old thread but a fun thread.

Good luck!

Thanks! I remember reading that thread back then! Completely forgot about it. It is dated and everyone that posted rotated back out of here. 8)

Z
Yeah. Any report older than three months is suspect due to the rotation schedule in the area. However, maybe you can use what was learned through trial and error. I found that getting boffers, bucklers, athletic cups, and simple hockey helmets and hockey gloves made for a portable solution to the SCA heavy fighter fix. It's not perfect, but it's very portable and you can even get new people in to fight without a long process. By making "sword" safe by making it a boffer, we didn't have to carry a lot of armour around.
William of Richwood
Archive Member

Post by William of Richwood »

Every now and then there are some or a few SCAdians deployed in that area. For some periods there have been loaner gear left/housed on some bases and activities with some regularity.
I am sorry to say that I have not kept track of it recently but I know that there are Drachenwalders and/or former Drachenwalders for whom this is a dear subject.
Also this is a late answer and I understand that the situation may have changed. Ping back if this is still a thing.
Seek victory at all times, but fear dishonor more than you fear capture or death.