Atlantian Crown

For those of us who wish to talk about the many styles and facets of recreating Medieval armed combat.
DarkApprentice
Archive Member
Location: R'lyeh: 47 degrees 9 minutes south, 126 degrees 43 minutes west

Atlantian Crown

Post by DarkApprentice »

Does anyone want odds made for Atlantian Crown? If so I need a list of the combattants and their consorts.

The Darke One
I am the Darkest!

Corcran Mac Diarmata forever has odds of -0 to win Crown, until he does his penance for his heresy against Manowar by hanging on the Tree of Woe.
BdeB
Line-Stepper

Post by BdeB »

The list is most likely not going to be posted, or if it is, it will be the week before.
"I think you're wrong in your understanding of fighting.... though what you have written is very manly, it does not convey a real sense of clue...." - Sir Christian The German
Winterfell
Archive Member

Post by Winterfell »

I will be fighting this fall.
Anyone else here?
You have to push the little yellow button to load it.
dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

godfried
valharic
robert de rath
tash
talun
sinclair
byram
connor sinclair
dammuth
bryan killian
afshin
jonathan
sean mckelly
luther
henry west
brandon

deadline hasnt hit yet so there is no telling who else will enter

8)
logan
Last edited by dukelogan on Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebonwoulfe Armory is fully stocked with spears again! For now the only way to order them is to send an email to ebonwoulfearmory@gmail.com with the quantity and your shipping address. We will send a PayPal invoice in response including your shipping cost.
Maeryk
Archive Member

Post by Maeryk »

talun

Is that Talun the Bastard? Or some other Talun?

Maeryk
Brian de Lorne
Archive Member

Post by Brian de Lorne »

HRM is hoping to get 40. Sign up people!
Brian de Lorne
"I know you belive you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Eric
Archive Member

Post by Eric »

Does anyone know if Sir Corby and Sir Vlad are fighting?
Eric
Roanoke Va.
dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

yes that is talun the bastard.

that is the complete list to date, like i mentioned there is still time before the deadline so the numbers could increase as people figure out finances, life issues change suddenly, they can get that weekend off, etc.

regards
logan
Ebonwoulfe Armory is fully stocked with spears again! For now the only way to order them is to send an email to ebonwoulfearmory@gmail.com with the quantity and your shipping address. We will send a PayPal invoice in response including your shipping cost.
dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

as a team? :shock:

:wink:
logan

Eric wrote:Does anyone know if Sir Corby and Sir Vlad are fighting?
Melisent
Archive Member

Post by Melisent »

dukelogan wrote:
henry best

:shock:

Or do you mean Henry West...as in Ragnar's squire Henry?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
MalcolmdeMoffat
Archive Member

Post by MalcolmdeMoffat »

not to hyjack your thread DA but you do realize that your Lat. & Long. co-ords put you somewhere in the Pacific ocean like 2100 miles east of New Zealand :shock: :shock:

They have internet in the honest to God Middle of nowhere?
inquiring minds like to know
"Operor necne operor , illic est haud tendo"
"Facta, non verba.
"Punctiones, non verba"
Malcolm MacCallum of Moffat
Well Dressed Vagabond
Eric
Archive Member

Post by Eric »

dukelogan wrote:as a team? :shock:

:wink:
logan

Eric wrote:Does anyone know if Sir Corby and Sir Vlad are fighting?

Hmm... which one would be Queen?
Eric
Roanoke Va.
BdeB
Line-Stepper

Post by BdeB »

Bwhahahahhah!

Is Master Henry going to fight with the stilts?!?! :shock:

And I think Corby and Vlad would make a fine royal couple...but Vlad would have to be the bottom, he has that prutty hair! :lol:
"I think you're wrong in your understanding of fighting.... though what you have written is very manly, it does not convey a real sense of clue...." - Sir Christian The German
Melisent
Archive Member

Post by Melisent »

BdeB wrote:And I think Corby and Vlad would make a fine royal couple...but Vlad would have to be the bottom, he has that prutty hair! :lol:

Must go...poke...eyes...out...ack....

:twisted:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

west, not master best. i would claim a typo seeing as though the "w" key and the "b" key are....... so...... close....... :oops:

i editted it on my first response. thanks! 8)

logan

Melisent wrote:
dukelogan wrote:
henry best

:shock:

Or do you mean Henry West...as in Ragnar's squire Henry?
DarkApprentice
Archive Member

Post by DarkApprentice »

MalcolmdeMoffat wrote:not to hyjack your thread DA but you do realize that your Lat. & Long. co-ords put you somewhere in the Pacific ocean like 2100 miles east of New Zealand :shock: :shock:

They have internet in the honest to God Middle of nowhere?
inquiring minds like to know

"R'lyeh is the pre-human city (or the continent on which is was built) which sank beneath the Pacific millions of years ago. In his story "The Call of Cthulhu", Lovecraft places R'lyeh at 47 degrees 9 minutes south, 126 degrees 43 minutes west. Other authors (such as Derleth) have placed it off the isle of Ponape, near the Massachusetts coast, or just about anywhere else they wanted to."

Of course Cthulhu has the internet, how else do you stay in touch with thousands of cultists.

The Darke One
I am the Darkest!

Corcran Mac Diarmata forever has odds of -0 to win Crown, until he does his penance for his heresy against Manowar by hanging on the Tree of Woe.
jester
Archive Member

Post by jester »

dukelogan wrote:godfried
valharic
robert de rath
tash
talun
sinclair
byram
connor sinclair
dammuth
bryan killian
afshin
jonathan
sean mckelly
luther
henry west
brandon

deadline hasnt hit yet so there is no telling who else will enter

8)
logan

Ditka coaching?
"Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."
Winterfell
Archive Member

Post by Winterfell »

Yeah and the movie version will star Billy Bob Thorton. :wink:
Sinclair Hawkins
Archive Member

Post by Sinclair Hawkins »

Great. There are TWO Sinclairs in the list. I certainly hope that I don't get confused and go fight the wrong opponents.

Sounds like a good list so far.

And what are the rules for paramutual betting on Crown in Atlantia. I hope this isn't like Baseball because I certainly look forward to putting a large sum of money down on myself once DA opens the betting windows. :D
Sir Sinclair

"Do not DARE to complain about that which you can change"
blackbow
Archive Member

Post by blackbow »

Sinclair Hawkins wrote:Great. There are TWO Sinclairs in the list. I certainly hope that I don't get confused and go fight the wrong opponents.

Sounds like a good list so far.

And what are the rules for paramutual betting on Crown in Atlantia. I hope this isn't like Baseball because I certainly look forward to putting a large sum of money down on myself once DA opens the betting windows. :D

I find myself wondering how long it's going to take before we see Crown Tourney Brought to You by Nike, and a betting line in Vegas.
DarkApprentice
Archive Member

Post by DarkApprentice »

Right now I have a top six:

Valharic
Sinclair
Jonathon
Dammuth
Bryan Killian
Robert

In particular order ;)

Odds will come up when there is a more comprehensive list. Right now these would all be in the 15:1 and down range, everyone else is above that. Depending on who enters and other factors, these odds could easily change.

The Darke One
I am the Darkest!

BdeB
Line-Stepper

Post by BdeB »

I don't disagree with your list there DA.

I'd expect to be rated about where I was last time. (Tho I did better than your odds last crown.... :twisted: ) I'm not in practice and i've developed a wierd physical thing that is screwing up my fighting. Seriously, i've been fighting like Wet Cat Butt.

I may still withdraw from the tourney but i'll be there no matter what. I love Crown. :D
DarkVictory

Post by DarkVictory »

Rumors concerning Atlantian Crown (There are always rumors, right?)

Duke Michael of Bedford (This is the perennial rumor, will he or won't he?)

Sir Keegan Broussard (Could be strong contender if he wished to)

Sir Daemon Broussard (Not fighting, rumor has it that he has no toenails!!!)

Sir Corby de la Flamme (Corby is back from injuries and would be foolish not to fight in this crown)

Sir Vlad (Injured but a strong contender if he chooses to fight)

Mongoe McClinchy (Candy-Gram for Mongoe!)

Sir Thomas of Calais (Made the Semi’s last crown, will he try again?)

Duke Ragnarr Blackhammer (Not fighting)

Duke Logan Ebonwoulfe (Not fighting)

Count Havorc Aetterbani (He flew in for the last crown, why not this one!)

Duke Cuan MacDaige (Has said this last reign was his final one, but will it really be?!?)

Duke Olaf Assoldsson (Had a LoI in until the morning of last time)

Sir Marc D’Aubeingy (Will the newest Atlantian Knight vie for the Crown?)

Baron Falcone (Will he try to trade in his baronial Coronet for the Prince’s?)
Dark Apprentice is my HERO!
WilliamThomas
Archive Member

Post by WilliamThomas »

I must agree with you on the fact that I feel Sir Corby is also a very strong contender in this crown list, should he choose to fight. He put on a great fight at Kingdom Crusades, and by all accounts seems to be healing up nicely. However I would like to see the odds open up.

William
dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

DarkVictory wrote:Rumors concerning Atlantian Crown (There are always rumors, right?)

Duke Logan Ebonwoulfe (Not fighting)

arent rumors fun...... :twisted:
Winterfell
Archive Member

Post by Winterfell »

Sir Vlad (Injured but a strong contender if he chooses to fight)

Sir Thomas of Calais (Made the Semi’s last crown, will he try again?)

Count Havorc Aetterbani (He flew in for the last crown, why not this one!)

Not sure about Sir Vlad, but have heard that he was not going to fight.

Sir Thomas will not be fighting this Crown, because Sir Robert DeRath will be fighting for Baroness Denise (Thomas' wife) this time. (They have had this arrangement for a long while now.

Count Harvorc is currently still in England and will be there for a while longer at least. Last I heard he will not be fighting in the Drachenwald Crown either.

Duke Cuan seemed pretty serious about retiring from Crown.

The rest I do not know.
DarkApprentice
Archive Member

Post by DarkApprentice »

Are tehre any funny wepons conventions for this tournament? If so they woudl play a role in the bookmaking.

Right now Valharic sits in a pretty solid top spot.

Robert is substantially out of shape, Dammuth has calibration issues, Sinclair has head space issues, Bryan Killian has never won a major tournament, and Jonathon, well one day he will win, everyone will freak out (including Jonathon), and then we'll see what happens, maybe he can make up for some bad politics and foot in mouth disease and get knighted.

The Darke One
I am the Darkest!

BdeB
Line-Stepper

Post by BdeB »

No special conventions have been annouced in the Acorn, so per Atlantian Law, I assume it will be a standard double elimination with no 'you must stand on one foot' type things...
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

DarkApprentice wrote: Right now Valharic sits in a pretty solid top spot.

...Bryan Killian has never won a major tournament...

Just curious - has Valharic ever won a major tournament in Atlantia?

- Cassandra
(who hasn't been to many tournaments in the last year)
DarkApprentice
Archive Member

Post by DarkApprentice »

I am not sure if Valharic has won a major in Atlantia, but he has won them all over the known world.

Also, there doesn't seem to be one of the Super Dukes in this tournament, so that would make it an open field, not to mention the fact that I don't think neither Dukes Galmr or Logan, nor Earl/Counts Amalric, Havordh, or Thorbrandr won a major tournament in Atlantia before winning their first Crowns there.

The Darke One
I am the Darkest!

dukelogan
Archive Member

Post by dukelogan »

i won five seperate novice tourneys. :shock: oh, you said major. :wink:

i won a few but none of the big ones (ymir, the jem jousts) until after my first crown. i did, however, make it to the finals saturday. granted it was a smallish tourney but considering the last time i fought (2 weeks ago) i got through 6 fights yeilding two and leaving the tourney because of my shoulder, i think that was pretty cool. its only been a year since my surgery and my recovery time was to be at least 18 months before i would be able to compete. so im ahead of the curve at least slightly. baby steps and all. still a long way to go before i can start mma nhb. :sad:

regards
logan

DarkApprentice wrote:I am not sure if Valharic has won a major in Atlantia, but he has won them all over the known world.

Also, there doesn't seem to be one of the Super Dukes in this tournament, so that would make it an open field, not to mention the fact that I don't think neither Dukes Galmr or Logan, nor Earl/Counts Amalric, Havordh, or Thorbrandr won a major tournament in Atlantia before winning their first Crowns there.

The Darke One
BdeB
Line-Stepper

Post by BdeB »

DarkVictory wrote:Rumors concerning Atlantian Crown (There are always rumors, right?)

Almost everyone your list has recently said that they are not fighting in this one.

Master Roland de Montenay is however.

This is going to be a wierd list.
tessathehuntress
Archive Member

Post by tessathehuntress »

woo hoo.. go Roland !!!!

:)

That could make an interesting Pennsic :)

HRH Tessa
tessathehuntress
Archive Member

oppss..

Post by tessathehuntress »

I rec'd an email pointing out something I missed (my Bad).. so..

Woo Hoo Sir robert de rath !!!

Some how I got confused and I thought he wasn't fighting in this one.

Sir Robert, a little birdie (hmm.. maybe I should say a little bunny rabbit, LOL) told me to tell you this:

"tell him to quick slackin and get to smackin'. "

Seriously, I wish a day of good fighting and fun to all who are fighting in the Atlantian Crown Tourney, especially my good and dear friends. There are several old friends who are fighting in this one, that I expect to make it to the quarter finals. There's an excellent chance that one of them will win this one, which would make Pennsic way too much fun. :)

Hmm.. maybe I enjoy battles and fighting too much?? Naw.. more fighting just means more fun, yes??

HRH Tessa the Huntress
WilliamThomas
Archive Member

Post by WilliamThomas »

Okay DA the list is in we need the final on the spread by this week.

William Thomas