Wholesale Order from Westland--Cheap Garb Shoes

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Randy W
Archive Member

Post by Randy W »

has anyone bought the thigh high boots? I'm interested but don't want to be the guinea pig
Randy W

I have opinions of my own- strong opinions- but I don't always agree with them.
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

laced or buckled....

Post by Vilhelm550 »

Arrived at my parent's for our annual Fourth of July party, and was excited when my Ma handed me a package. I opened said package and took a gander at the nicely crafted footwear inside. I didn't try them on though.

Left boot is the laced 14th c. boot
Right boot is the buckle 14th c. boot

anyone missing a laced black size 10 and have a black buckled size 10?

:lol:

Not blaming anyone, just sharing and looking to trade for a buckled boot :lol:
It's been a crazy week, so I guess if the shoe fits... :D
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

Appareo Decet Nihil Munditia?
Eldgri­mr Jonsson
Archive Member

Post by Eldgri­mr Jonsson »

wcanne wrote:I got my turnshoes today. Thanks!
I will wear them for a week or so and see how they fit over time. My feet are slightly wider that average, so it will take a little shoe training. Thinking about it, I should also have had vibram soles added upon ordering, but for some reason I didn't think of it. I will have it done locally - unless I can find someplace that sells sheets of the stuff to do it myself. That would actually be handy, since I have a few other pairs of shoes that need soles.
A place i found for soling. Havent ordered from them yet but will soon.

http://www.algeos.com/acatalog/Vibram_N ... eting.html

Cheers,
Eldgrímr Jonsson
Shire of Flintheath,
Principality of Insulae Draconis,
Kingdom of Drachenwald
talaananthes
Archive Member

Re: laced or buckled....

Post by talaananthes »

Vilhelm550 wrote:Arrived at my parent's for our annual Fourth of July party, and was excited when my Ma handed me a package. I opened said package and took a gander at the nicely crafted footwear inside. I didn't try them on though.

Left boot is the laced 14th c. boot
Right boot is the buckle 14th c. boot

anyone missing a laced black size 10 and have a black buckled size 10?

:lol:

Not blaming anyone, just sharing and looking to trade for a buckled boot :lol:
It's been a crazy week, so I guess if the shoe fits... :D
. . . :?:
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

Post by Vilhelm550 »

LOL

Yeah, the right boot has buckles and the left has laces. I bet they were bagged in Pakistan that way. Other than that, they look great, but i'd feel a bit on the dork-side if I walked around with one buckled and one laced boot.
I'll try to get a pic posted today.

I wasn't sure if I should contact you or Westland on this one.

:lol: I had a crappy week, so this was kind of a funny surprise.
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

Westland
Archive Member

Post by Westland »

Please post the pictures and send this pair to Ben Mudd. We will send you a replacement pair soon. ( E-mail your address to us )

Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Regards,
Westland Crafts - Quality Historical Clothing and Footwear at wholesale prices.
www.westlandcrafts.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WestlandC ... 2351281494
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

Post by Vilhelm550 »

Pics of mis-matched 14th C. ankle boots.

Right one has buckles, left one has laces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pag1010/4767248443/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pag1010/4767887354/
Attachments
14th C. Ankle Boots
14th C. Ankle Boots
Shoes.JPG (67.66 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

Corcran mac Diarmata
Archive Member

Post by Corcran mac Diarmata »

Is there any news yet about a possible second order? I just found out about these the other day, and am very interested. I've also got some friends that I believe will go in.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Info about that going up later today.
Sean Powell
Archive Member

Post by Sean Powell »

Side note not associated with this order. Some local friends and I put in an order for about 15 pairs. They came in last week. I wear a size 11 1/2 US mends and the 12's fit me nicely. I think 11.5 would have been snug. Construction seems quite nice. Laces are tricky to keep tied until you learn the hang of it. Wearing smooth soled turn shoes on carpeting is not for the faint of heart or those with low dexterity scores. :)

Strong positive reviews from me. I'm desperetly hoping that Westland doesn't try to do so many different styles and colors that they loose focus and delivery schedule like so many small armorers have. I want to be able to order more shoes (or even high boots) from them in the future.

Sean
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Post by Cian of Storvik »

I received my laced turnshoes about a week ago, but only started wearing them after some modification about 3 days ago. This is my review.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. First I would like to express my issue with the turnaround time. I realize that Westland was being inundated with orders, but the 4 month turnaround was hard pill to take.
For some, saving 50% on a pair of shoes is worth any wait, but for others, like myself if I knew from the outside it was going to take 4 months, I never would have placed the order.

As others with the larger sizes have noted, the 13's I ordered are tight in width, and I don't have a particularly wide foot. The back of each of the heels was left much highter than was comfortable, and the heel was not shaped to back of the foot, so as I walked, the shoe pulled away from my foot. And like a slipper or flip-flop, it slapped the heel of my foot with each step. I also noted that the sole of the shoes is the thinnest of any turnshoe I've owned (I've only had 3 other pairs from different manufacturers). But since most events are walking on grass ordirt paths, this doesn't seem like an issue. In fact I prefer this thinner sole to the ultra thick soles of the psuedo turnshoes that Revival sells. If I'm planning on walking on gravel or muddy ground, then you should be wearing pattens.

It was easy enough to trim down the back of the heel and then cut a small notch which was then stitched together to fit tightly up and over the heel to resolve the flip/flop action. And I replaced the laces with deerskin lace, just because it fits better and I like the stretchyness.

The positives are:
The natural leather took dye very well. No blotchyness or residual oils to interfear with the even coats.
I like the feel once they were modified, though the thin 2-3 oz. leather and tight fit make me leary of the durability. Only time will tell.
The stitching appears to be excellent. I really like the butted edge stitching on the sides of the shoes. An excellent feature that most shoe makers will not go through the effort to do.

I've been wearing one of my pairs around the house as a pair of slippers, and I like them, but given the pros vs. cons along with the extended turn around, I'm on the fence if I would ever buy another pair, but I would recommend them to others on very strict budgets and don't mind the minor short comings.

Here you can see the trimmed down back of the shoe, and the alteration I made to hook over the back of the heel.
-Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
Westland
Archive Member

Post by Westland »

Cian of Storvik wrote:I received my laced turnshoes about a week ago, but only started wearing them after some modification about 3 days ago. This is my review.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. First I would like to express my issue with the turnaround time. I realize that Westland was being inundated with orders, but the 4 month turnaround was hard pill to take.
For some, saving 50% on a pair of shoes is worth any wait, but for others, like myself if I knew from the outside it was going to take 4 months, I never would have placed the order.

As others with the larger sizes have noted, the 13's I ordered are tight in width, and I don't have a particularly wide foot. The back of each of the heels was left much highter than was comfortable, and the heel was not shaped to back of the foot, so as I walked, the shoe pulled away from my foot. And like a slipper or flip-flop, it slapped the heel of my foot with each step. I also noted that the sole of the shoes is the thinnest of any turnshoe I've owned (I've only had 3 other pairs from different manufacturers). But since most events are walking on grass ordirt paths, this doesn't seem like an issue. In fact I prefer this thinner sole to the ultra thick soles of the psuedo turnshoes that Revival sells. If I'm planning on walking on gravel or muddy ground, then you should be wearing pattens.

It was easy enough to trim down the back of the heel and then cut a small notch which was then stitched together to fit tightly up and over the heel to resolve the flip/flop action. And I replaced the laces with deerskin lace, just because it fits better and I like the stretchyness.

The positives are:
The natural leather took dye very well. No blotchyness or residual oils to interfear with the even coats.
I like the feel once they were modified, though the thin 2-3 oz. leather and tight fit make me leary of the durability. Only time will tell.
The stitching appears to be excellent. I really like the butted edge stitching on the sides of the shoes. An excellent feature that most shoe makers will not go through the effort to do.

I've been wearing one of my pairs around the house as a pair of slippers, and I like them, but given the pros vs. cons along with the extended turn around, I'm on the fence if I would ever buy another pair, but I would recommend them to others on very strict budgets and don't mind the minor short comings.

Here you can see the trimmed down back of the shoe, and the alteration I made to hook over the back of the heel.
-Cian
Cian of Storvik

Would you please take the pictures of heel modifications and send them for review. We shall be very thankful to you as it would help us to serve other fellows.

Regards,
www.westlandcrafts.com
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Revised estimate: 2nd order going up tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. Spent today helping get my girlfriend ready to go to field school.
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

Post by Vilhelm550 »

Westland,

Wondering if you got my PM with info, or if you need any thing else from me to replace the mismatched shoes.

Any idea of time frame? My shire has a demo this fall, and period footwear would be good to show the people.

Thanks!
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

Westland
Archive Member

Post by Westland »

Vilhelm550 wrote:Westland,

Wondering if you got my PM with info, or if you need any thing else from me to replace the mismatched shoes.

Any idea of time frame? My shire has a demo this fall, and period footwear would be good to show the people.

Thanks!
Paul,

Your has already been shipped. We hope you will receive it within next 7 working days.

Regards,
www.westlandcrafts.com
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

Post by Vilhelm550 »

Aw, Westland, you and your team are awesome!

Thanks again!
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

GarbTheWorld

Garb the World is now selling Westland Craft Shoes

Post by GarbTheWorld »

We just got our first order of Westland Craft Shoes and are quite impressed with the quality. We have detailed pictures posted here -http://www.garbtheworld.com/pgs/shoecraft.shtml

All types of Westland Crafts shoes can be ordered here -http://www.garbtheworld.com/items/periodshoes.shtml through us, we ship internationally and accept lots of payment options including credit cards and gold.

We are starting to build up our in stock shoe inventory (What we currently have is here - http://www.garbtheworld.com//instock/ca ... gory=Shoes.

We would like to offer discounts for AA forumers:
15% off entire purchase (good till the end of August - use coupon PKE100809053623)
10% off entire purchase (good till the end of December - use coupon CWP100808011755)

We will also haggle with AA members for wholesale (made-to-order) orders. You know the wholesale prices - make us an offer.

I hope this commercial post didn't offend - just wanted to let people know there is an alternative source for Westland Craft products.