Wholesale Order from Westland--Cheap Garb Shoes

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Agnarr
Archive Member

Post by Agnarr »

I meant the buckled ankle boots, not the shoes. sorry.

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... t=#1617905
Damon wrote:In their own little world they are like this huge evil overlord however in the grand scheme of things they are just this sad little hamster going squeek squeek squeek in their own little ball.
whonew
Archive Member

Post by whonew »

I'm in for two pairs of the "ankle buckled" in black size 11&12 What's next. Les
A chance a the other stuff will get on this list , gamby gloves?
"let your soul not grow old"
Lorccan
Archive Member
Location: Memphis, TN / Barony of Grey Niche, Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

Post by Lorccan »

Also, has Westland given you an idea how long this will take? Collecting orders, payment, manufacturing, international shipping, and so on... I'm guessing a few weeks at least, yeah?
- Sir Lorccan hua Conchobair
Former armourer at Darkwood Armory, now just armouring a bit for fun.
"I've schlepped ugly gear about the field. It does not inspire -- not me, not anybody. Better to try and make it pretty." - Konstantin the Red
Ottawa Swordplay
Archive Member

Post by Ottawa Swordplay »

I also meant the buckled ankle boots, not shoes. I'm now increasing my order to include both pairs of boots, and sending you an email.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Yes, sorry, of course I meant the buckled ankle boots. Sorry if I was nonspecific, but those are what I was referring to. For future reference, ANY reference to buckled shoes I make or have made in this thread is to the buckled ankle boots that Agnar posted.

Payment is going to be you guys pay me via Paypal, I pay Westland half the money up front and sit on the other half until the shoes arrive in the US, then pay him the rest.

And, sorry, but at this point I don't think I'm going to expand into other products. This is already a huge volume of very specific information to deal with, and sorry, but I just don't want to have to deal with other completely different stuff. If I were stocking these, it'd be a different matter, but this is all custom orders that I'm needing to keep track of.

Sorry, but I don't know how long it's going to take yet, that's the next thing I'm going to ask him . . . but I'd say it'll probably take a while, yeah.
Owyn
Archive Member

Post by Owyn »

InsaneIrish wrote:NOTE FYI:

Be very careful about sizing. When I did my cowmouth shoe order from Pakistan I had an issue with sizing being off. The quality of the product is great, But, the sizes run small. So, if you order, I would order 1 to 1 1/2 sizes larger than what you actually want. Ie, if you want an 11 mens, order a 12 or 12 1/2 mens.

That is, unless Westlands uses more standard US sizing in his shoes.

Not trying to torpedo this sale, only trying to help people who are interested to not make the same mistake I did.
Have we confirmed that the shoes being bought here are fairly standard in sizing, or are people ordering large, or...?
Vilhelm550
Archive Member

Post by Vilhelm550 »

I'm in for two pair of the buckled ankle boots, both brown, size 9 womens, size 10 mens. Sent email to oisinshoes@gmail.com with requested info.

Thanks for organizing this!

Vilhelm
Vilhelm Gunnarsson
Shire of Shattered Oak
Kingdom of Northshield

Appareo Decet Nihil Munditia?
Lorccan
Archive Member
Location: Memphis, TN / Barony of Grey Niche, Kingdom of Gleann Abhann

Post by Lorccan »

Owyn wrote:Have we confirmed that the shoes being bought here are fairly standard in sizing, or are people ordering large, or...?
Westland responded, saying they were standard sizes. I'm ordering a half size large, which leaves room for them to be a little small, or space for insoles if they're a little large.
- Sir Lorccan hua Conchobair
Former armourer at Darkwood Armory, now just armouring a bit for fun.
"I've schlepped ugly gear about the field. It does not inspire -- not me, not anybody. Better to try and make it pretty." - Konstantin the Red
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Westland has said that we're dealing with standard US shoe sizes.

HOWEVER, he's also going to send me a couple of samples to make sure--which will delay the process somewhat I'm sure, but it's worth it in my opinion to make sure everything fits right.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Spreadsheet is complete for basic info, but I still need details from most of you! I have most of the sizes, I still need most of the colors, and I still need your real life name, phone, and mailing address. I also need style confirmation from Cisco and swdragoon.

Click here to view the version without any sensitive information:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... WSGc&hl=en

I <3 Google docs.
Keegan Ingrassia
Archive Member

Post by Keegan Ingrassia »

Judging from the spreadsheet, you went up one shoe size, yes? The e-mail I sent should have all the information that's missing from the spread.
"There is a tremendous amount of information in a picture, but getting at it is not a purely passive process. You have to work at it, but the more you work at it the easier it becomes." - Mac
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Keegan Ingrassia wrote:Judging from the spreadsheet, you went up one shoe size, yes? The e-mail I sent should have all the information that's missing from the spread.
Oops, no, I scrupped! Sorry, your email had three different sizes for different conditions and I misread it this morning. Will edit you to a 10.5.
Tailoress
+1

Post by Tailoress »

OK. I'm feeling highly retarded after looking at your spreadsheet.

1) What are our color choices? Am I missing a big obvious post about that somewhere?

2) Am I correct in assuming that the type called "Laced Ankle" is actually NOT an ankle boot, but a shoe with a latchet?

3) Am I correct in assuming that the type called "Buckled Ankle" is an ankle boot?

4) Is the "Total" column the shipping cost associated with each order?

Thanks.. I want to email you like a good little orderer but don't want to screw it up. :)

-Tasha
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

It's all fine. There's a lot of information to sort through.

1. Black, brown, and natural undyed veg tan.

2. The pictures of each type are in the first post of this thread. I shortened the names for simplicity on the spreadsheet.

3. Yes, that would be the ankle boot with buckles.

4. The total column is the total number of pairs of that style that have been ordered ON THE ARMOUR ARCHIVES. That's a separate little section. I'll cordon it off to make that more clear.

Shipping will cost $7 for the first pair and $3 per additional pair.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

I have added a new column to the public spreadsheet, entitled "Have Private Info", which is answered with a yes or a no.

If it says NO by your name, you still need to email me.
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Post by Cian of Storvik »

I'd still be interested in knowing what the realistic turn-around is on this before I commit.
I'm assuming all orders need to be placed placed with Westland at one time, which means having all of the funds available by X date for him to start production on a future date TBD. Then production will run XX days/weeks. Then X days approximate for packaging and shipper, then X weeks over to hit U.S. customs. Then X days to be received by you, at which time you will need X days to re-package and ship out, etc.

I'd also be interested if there is any plan for the possibility of canceling orders if the duration turns into an extended/indefinate run? Are you going to take responsibility for making good on orders that are cancelled due to non-completion? E.g. if I'm told it will be 8 weeks from X date that they should be shipped out, then I find out on Week 10, that they still are going to be atleast another 4 weeks, then I'm going to want my money back. I've already been burned buy some overseas deals where they introduced me to that dance routine. Credit card companies do not allow you to contest charges after a certain length of time. And if someone can entertain you long enough with a little tap number, you just paid for a whole lot of nothing.

Also, if orders are somehow messed-up; e.g. I order natural but I get black or if I order a 13 and I get a size 12. Are you going to honor returns?
-Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

I've been told that production will take two weeks and DHL shipping should take six days. It'll probably take me at least a week to get everything repackaged and reshipped, plus a few more days to get to you domestically.

Realistically, I'd say it'll be two weeks before the order can be placed. I still need to get a couple of test pairs from Westland which will probably take a week or more from now.

As far as the rest goes . . . I'm not really sure yet. Westland has agreed to accepting half payment in advance and half when the order arrives in the US, and frankly I don't intend to send any money until I have a photo of all the shoes together ready to go. So, if Westland screws up, we have a certain level of bargaining control, and if I screw up (say I ship you Tasha's shoes) I'll make good on it.

Also, Westland is going to be sending me a couple of pairs of shoes to test the sizing and make sure everything is ok. I will start taking payment when those have arrived and I have confirmed that the sizes are correct, but I would really appreciate it if everyone could send an email as soon as possible. Here's the info on that in case anyone's lost it:
talaananthes wrote:4. I have established a new email address to handle this. oisinshoes@gmail.com

5. I need an email from all of you who are ordering, with the following information:

Confirmed model, size and quantity
Color (I don't have this from most of you)

As well as:
Your real name
Your phone number
Your mailing address

Please use the following as your exact email subject, substituting your exact user name for the X.

ARMOUR ARCHIVE SHOE ORDER X

The email you send to me will be the email I use for all future communications. Sorry if this is nitpicky, but I have a lot of fairly badly organized information that needs serious organization.

Thanks for understanding!
And here's the link to the spreadsheet again:

talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

In response to some questions, I would prefer Paypal but I will also accept Money Orders. Sorry, but no personal checks please, I'm just not willing to deal with having to wait for checks to clear and money orders can be had for less than $1 at most gas stations.
Nomad
Archive Member

Post by Nomad »

I wear a 10, but have very (very) wide feet. I'm interested in the Viking shoes, I'd like to know what the samples are like! Especially the soles. :-) Also do they only come in the "natural" leather color?
]]\\[[ (()) ]]\\//[[ //=\\ ]]))
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Extra wide sizes are not available. Sorry, I tried, but it's just not happening as per the manufacturer . . . you're about the fifth person I've had to tell this to, I'm sorry there's nothing I can do to accomodate. :sad: I'm expecting normal widths, but we'll see when the samples come in.

Colors available are black, brown and natural, in all styles.
sha-ul
Archive Member

Post by sha-ul »

please clarify for me, to order a particular style you need 10 of that style for the minimum order, or at least 10 total?
Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Theoretically 10 of that style, but I'm at a volume right now where I might be able to get an exception. Maybe. What are you looking for and I can ask Westland at least . . .
sha-ul
Archive Member

Post by sha-ul »

I am looking for something appropriate for late 16C England :wink: in about a size 12-1/2 or 13. depending on how they are cut.
Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience
sha-ul
Archive Member

Post by sha-ul »

I was looking at these http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... 80#1621980 and wondered if they would be close to correct
alrekrsvarti
Archive Member

viking boot

Post by alrekrsvarti »

put me down for natural pair of size 11 viking boots send me an email with your address and total price and I can send you a money order
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Hey,

I'll mark you down, but I need first email contact from you.
talaananthes wrote:4. I have established a new email address to handle this. oisinshoes@gmail.com

5. I need an email from all of you who are ordering, with the following information:

Confirmed model, size and quantity
Color (I don't have this from most of you)

As well as:
Your real name
Your phone number
Your mailing address

Please use the following as your exact email subject, substituting your exact user name for the X.

ARMOUR ARCHIVE SHOE ORDER X

The email you send to me will be the email I use for all future communications. Sorry if this is nitpicky, but I have a lot of fairly badly organized information that needs serious organization.

Thanks for understanding!
Sha-ul, I'll check for you.

Thanks

Oisin
alrekrsvarti
Archive Member

email

Post by alrekrsvarti »

talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Westland has just told me that half sizes are NOT available. Sorry to those of you who want them . . . unless you let me know otherwise, I'll round your half sizes up to the next higher whole size.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Also, there are a couple of you from Canada, shipping to you will probably be a bit more expensive. I don't know what the actual cost will be yet, though. I'll let you know when I can.
Ottawa Swordplay
Archive Member

Post by Ottawa Swordplay »

If there are a large number from Canada, perhaps we could arrange for him to ship them to one of us here for redistribution. Right now I think there are only a few though. If it were a net savings, I'd be happy to work the redistribution here.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Two Canadians for four pairs so far.

Updated spreadsheet:

Still need personal info from these users:

AlexendreBautista
Jonathon More
Agnarr

Thanks!
Last edited by talaananthes on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Woodstock
Archive Member

Post by Woodstock »

Email sent with the information you requested.
Memento Mori
= = =
Keegan Ingrassia
Archive Member

Post by Keegan Ingrassia »

Round up?
Yes please. My e-mail covered that. :) 11's
"There is a tremendous amount of information in a picture, but getting at it is not a purely passive process. You have to work at it, but the more you work at it the easier it becomes." - Mac
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Ah! So it did, thanks.
talaananthes
Archive Member

Post by talaananthes »

Westland is sending me four sample pairs--size Womens' 8 Viking shoes, size Mens 10 and 11 laceup shoes, and size 13 buckled shoes. He's planning on shipping them this Monday, so I'll hopefully (*fingers crossed*) get them in time to put them through wet, muddy hell at fighter practice the next Sunday and see how they do. The largest and smallest pairs are each for friends of mine who live outside of normal driving distance so it'll probably be another week before I can report back with both ends of the spectrum in terms of fitting, but assuming that the sizes are right and the quality is acceptable, I'd like to begin taking money in two weeks' time, for delivery to you 6 weeks or less after that.