The Official "I'm interested in barter" thread

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Corbin Ravenwood

Re: The Official "I'm interested in barter" thread

Post by Corbin Ravenwood »

I get on here every now and then. Very few people post on here anymore and fewer response to their posts.
Valstarr Hawkwind
Archive Member

Post by Valstarr Hawkwind »

well, a couple of folks are responding, which probably means several more are reading, just not posting.
Right is Not Reckoned by Numbers
Ledermann
Archive Member

Post by Ledermann »

Yes, people are looking but not responding. ONLY NEW POSTS OR UPDATES PLEASE!!! If everyone pointlessly sounded off again, it would make this thread even more cumbersome to navigate. It's already stickied, so there's no need to bump it. If you want to trade, private message someone.

-end rant-
"The hammer will keep the arms strong until the hands can hold sharper tools..." ~ Thorin Oakenshield

"The only thing my mother excels at is throwing battle axes across rooms. Note why I am an amazing dodgeball player." ~ Pudge Lilis
Sigvat Odvarsson
Archive Member

Post by Sigvat Odvarsson »

Me too
Sigvat Odvarsson
House Golden Boar
DoomedTrueBeliever

Post by DoomedTrueBeliever »

Can Do:
Plate mail heavy or light. I have made Fingered Gauntlets, full arms, Spaulders, Sabatons, front Greaves, Poleyns, Cuisses and Gorget. But just because i havnt made it yet, doesn't mean i am not willing to do it.

Looking for:
Wooden long bow, Leather quiver, Arrows, Chain mail, Leather armor, leather belts, leather pouches, Long sword & Scabbard, Dagger & Scabbard and Boots.
Sigvat Odvarsson
Archive Member

Post by Sigvat Odvarsson »

Almost finished with this one
Attachments
IMG_59796063751847~2.jpg
IMG_59796063751847~2.jpg (91.43 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
Sigvat Odvarsson
House Golden Boar
ogrerings

Post by ogrerings »

Here goes, I have:
Rings made from Stainless/bronze/brass/oil tempered and hopefully coming soon aluminum. I also make flat wire rectangular rings out of stainless steel or bronze, can send a pic if you're interested; these have been used by a couple of members on the board for welded chain-mail shirts/coifs/etc. You can check out my website too, ogrerings.com, for more info.

http://i61.tinypic.com/sza6pc.jpg

I want:
Looking for some work done in the form of patches of chain-mail. These are made of .022" stainless wire (24g roughly) w/ a 7/64" ID and the patches are 5" X 5" squares. I supply the rings for these and will offer $35 in trade from my website for them ($35 for each patch); have been working w/ a some people on this and have a bunch done as it stands, but need many more. Contact me for more details and we can go from there.

Also, I collect Magic the Gathering cards and would trade rings for those if possible. Contact me if interested.

Gonna check out some of the posts on this thread and hopefully work out some deals.

Hope to deal w/ you guys soon,
Jesse
ogrerings.com
Wire, rings, and more.
Ogrerings.com
Jesse
Michael Spaulding
Archive Member

Post by Michael Spaulding »

Michael does-
high end chainmaille jewelry - Everything from simple stainless steel earring drops to extravagant sterling silver multi-tier wedding necklaces
Brace Horn nock, fletching wrapped, bodkin tipped Medieval arrows - These take me FOREVER but I put my soul into these arrows. You couldn't ask for better.
Tight, consistent, uniform naalbinding - I'm very good at it, but new, so keep the designs simple. Socks, mittens, hats. Could try a sweater, but expect it to take a year

Michael needs (in order of importance) -
Simple leather boots - Let me know what you've got
Poundo board, leather punches, leather shears etc. - Leather working gear. I've got enough to get me started, but looking for more
Garb - cloaks, shirts, pants, embrodiery work. I will always be searching for more garb for myself, wife and kids.
Audiophile gear - High end headphones, speakers, desktop amps/dacs
Anything for my band - Specifically interested in PA set components, cymbals, and guitar/bass effect pedals.
Offers - If I've got what you're looking for, let me know and I'm sure we can work out a trade with what you've got.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Michael

See my chainmaille here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/calmb4tehpwn

I love doing custom jewelry work

Edit: updated needs to reflect current needs
Last edited by Michael Spaulding on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ Mitchell
Archive Member

Post by Russ Mitchell »

Have type XIIIA, need type XVII. Have wide variety of axes, shields, and other stuff able to trade and willing to pay generous beer-money to third parties facilitating said trade.
No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Baron Conal
Archive Member

Post by Baron Conal »

Ledermann wrote:Yes, people are looking but not responding. ONLY NEW POSTS OR UPDATES PLEASE!!! If everyone pointlessly sounded off again, it would make this thread even more cumbersome to navigate. It's already stickied, so there's no need to bump it. If you want to trade, private message someone.

-end rant-

This was the plan when I suggested this.
Baron Conal O'hAirt

Aude Aliquid Dignum Dare Something Worthy

“Each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass,
A book of rules;
And each must make-
Ere life has flown-
A stumbling block
Or a stepping stone”

― R L Sharpe
arcaneforge2
Archive Member

Post by arcaneforge2 »

makes: curved wooden shield blanks 10mm thick birch cut to any shape that fits in a 24x 30 rectangle light strong legal for sca.

wants : Leaf Trailer Spring- 3 Leaves 1500lb Cap/Pr. Model# 12521

aaand done moving on
Jon
Archive Member

Post by Jon »

I need historical arrows, hand tied fletch, self or even better, horn nocked, modern field points since I'll be shooting at other peoples targets.

I do footwear: armlann.com

Thanks in advance.

Jon - jon@armlann.com
Extra omnes pratum meum.
Baron Conal
Archive Member

Re:

Post by Baron Conal »

Baron Conal wrote:
Baron Conal does

woodworking -- that is a link -
basic pewter casting

Baron Conal is interested in

12th and 14th Cen stainless welded or riveted maile,
14th Cen accessories
14th Cen cookware
14th century stainless armor (more period correct forms than I have now )
I've been doing more woodworking again, decided to bump this back up the list for more visibility
( but only because it was the very first barter post )

Making sawdust is being very therapeutic.
Baron Conal O'hAirt

Aude Aliquid Dignum Dare Something Worthy

“Each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass,
A book of rules;
And each must make-
Ere life has flown-
A stumbling block
Or a stepping stone”

― R L Sharpe
Vedardottir

Post by Vedardottir »

Vedardottir DOES:
Sewing: mostly Viking tunics/Thorsberg trousers/cloaks, capes, and hoods. With measurements and reference materials I can make just about anything early period.
Embroidery and applique: I'm an Art Herald. Send me a picture of what you want, and I can work it in fabric or leather.
Leatherwork: Simple belts, bracers, pouches, quivers, bags.
Painting: Shields and such. Please note that I am good with drawing and designing stylized figures and enlarging/shrinking images. If you want something photorealistic, I'm not up for that.

Vedardottir WANTS:
Hockey shin and knee protection that can be covered with leather.
More rattan to build weapons.
A helm with a lioness' head like Hercules' Helm--so really, blacksmithing lessons from an armorer.
Lessons in making period Heavy List armor.
Þórý Veðardóttir
Golden Gryphon Herald
Barony of Carolingia, Kingdom of the East
(My name is said like "Hooray!" with more Thor.)
JoshE
Archive Member

Post by JoshE »

I want: 14th century plate arms for a tall guy with long arms

I will trade: a lot of warhammer minis, Space Marines Black Templars, and Fantasy Warriors of chaos
Upwards of 3000 points worth each, all nicely painted, pm and I can get pics and lists
TaliesonTegwas
Archive Member

Post by TaliesonTegwas »

I want : looking for 14th century garb/bling/accessories.

Looking to trade: the armor in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=182134
Lord Talieson Tegwas Squire to Duke Amalric Blackhart
"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not obtained by sudden flight. But they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
haaschnp
Archive Member

Post by haaschnp »

Since someone else posted something similar..

Looking for: plain gambeson, appropriate to 14th century for 46 ' chest
gauntlets or demi gauntlets and a sword basket

Have:
Warhammer Fantasy Battle, not Age of Sigmar

20 Nos clan rats
19 clan rats primed red
1 base coated
40 primed grey, clothes base coated green-arms still on spruce
2 brutes -1 primed green 1 base coat white fur
1 warlock -iob, primed
1 engineer-ion, primed
Warlord-iob, primed
2 weapon teams from IoB
13 plague monks on sprue
2 older rats with 2 handed weapons, metal, one stripped, one painted
boris_
Archive Member

Post by boris_ »

Offering: Website consulting or help (I am a web dev by trade)

Need: 14th century stuff (in terms of armor, I strongly prefer spring steel and am totally fine sending raw spring steel to be shaped and do the tempering my self) also, WMA books
Paul the Small wrote:The spirit is wiling, but the bank account is weak.
haaschnp
Archive Member

Post by haaschnp »

I have:

Wargaming:
40x warhammer 40k space marine/space wolves unpainted
2x primed rhinos
Geigor Fell Hand- from Burning of Prospero set, unprimed, assembled

A mostly complete Axis and Allies board game from the 90s. (I say mostly complete because the box top is missing and some figures might possibly be missing.

legoes and some knock-offs. (a 1 lb bag goes for $12-15 on ebay; i have several medieval themed minis and pieces and several star wars themed pieces. There are some off brand star wars figures in there too, in case you are picky)

Several old german books of the theological nature:
Rathmann's Deutsche Perikopenbuch 1 and 2 ( a German Lutheran pericope)
Kirchliche Handlexicon (a church lexicon/dictionary) A-Z, seven volumes
Johannes Scherrs "Germania"

Non-German theological books:

Matthew Henry's Complete Commetary on the Bible (5 volumes, large books)
Bainton's Erasmus of Christendom
Luther's Works volume 12

Non theological

Wheel of Time series (I believe it is complete, first few books used, last few- brand new)

Want:

I'd take $ offers any anything above

Trade/looking for:

a 1200s appropriate gambeson
a 1200s appropriate SCA legal helm (prefer nasal helm, considering a crusader who fought in the Levant and ended up staying around in the Crusader states and/or hanging in the Byzantine Empire - would incorporate lamellar with chainmail...though might just go full Byzantine)

Knee and elbow cops - plain is fine.

possibly a gorget - again plain is fine.
haaschnp
Archive Member

Post by haaschnp »

So this might be a weird post. Nerds like us tend to flock to the same general hobbies though, so here goes:

Haves:

28mm Imperial age roman models
Hail Caesar staer box - nib:
60 legionaries
20 praetorian guard
24 auxilaries
shield transfers
1 aquilifier (painted)
2 packs of 3 optios - nib
$125 plus shipping

Warhammer 40k
Tau

1 nos fire warrior team x10
1 assembled, primed fire warriors team (2 painted in turquoise) x10
1 pathfinder team x10
1 Wargames exclusive fireblade cadre proxy (sheathed blade - very samurai feel to it) unprimed
3 stealth suits- primed
1 crisis suit - colored in tans
1 riptide - unassembled- I write this just for full disclosure- this may have been a recast, not sure though; can send pics.

$120 and shipping obo

AoS/WHFB
Vampire counts-
40+ zombies - primed white- one are two broken spears
10 Ghouls - nos
3 varghesit/crypt horror nib
2 vampire lord proxies (dnd Whizkid models - partial painted)

$90 plus shipping obo

Want:

Cash - prices are above - to fund C&T armor and sword

OR

13th-14th century cotehardie - size 47' chest
gambeson would work too
men's houppelande - size 47' chest
(For SCA cut and thrust/ HEMA)

HEMA/SCA appropriate gauntlets/gloves
fencing hood
fencing doublet (could also go 15th century...)
elbow and knee cops

HEMA body armor would also work for hidden armor

Looking for a C&T legal arming sword. (I think alchem makes some, hence the desire for funds)
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

Post by Jehan de Pelham »

I make 14th and 15th century English and French replica coins. I would be willing to trade at beneficial rates for quality medieval goods dating to the second half of the 14th century.
He who does not give what he has will not get what he wants.
Tancred de Lanvellec
Archive Member

Post by Tancred de Lanvellec »

Looking for a period tent.
I have in trade a new, unfired replica of a Brown Bess by Veteran Arms
LeonStar
Archive Member

Post by LeonStar »

Leon Wander has: Nothing that would probably be of interest here.

Leon Wander wants: An armor set or sets that would satisfy all his artistic artdom in the geometric realm. Real Functionality and beauty are the same.

I dont know who to ask here to make an armor set and the clothes with it. Styles I like are gothic, maximillian, persianate, and there various fantasy offshoots.
Konstantin the Red
Archive Member

Post by Konstantin the Red »

LeonStar wrote:Leon Wander wants: An armor set or sets that would satisfy all his artistic artdom in the geometric realm. Real Functionality and beauty are the same.
That's the spirit!
LeonStar wrote:I don't know who to ask here to make an armor set and the clothes with it. Styles I like are gothic, maximilian, persianate, and their various fantasy offshoots.
If Leon is blessed with a will of iron and the willingness to walk a rather long road step by step on his own feet, he can attain to all these by his own efforts. Hopefully we may guide his steps well...?

Well, there's also one's individual mix of available money and available time. Gothic and Maximilian cap-à-pie whiteharness built and tailored for its man goes for about the price of a new car, on the open market. Though there's no rule says it has to all be bought at once.

This won't be instant. Persian shapes (the char-aina torso armor, for instance) are the simplest of these three -- you'll see some crossover into Mogul stuff too, I think. Well, as much of it as India's muggy climate might allow.

I also say fear the cloth not! Cloth is just another material, and cutting and shaping it can be learned, as with any other material, working with its strengths and its weaknesses. A good many plain soldier boys were armed entirely in quilted cloth, save for some sort of helmet. Slightly fancier soldiers schlepped a little more metal. If you end up trying your own hand at tailoring, figure on making your arming-doublet quite snug in all the waist, down to the top of your hips, the pelvic crests, but with more ease about the shoulders and chest, gaining arm mobility there: enough ease there to allow you to slip your hand in between doublet and yourself easily; down around your waist, only with some difficulty. Expect to fasten it shut by laces spiraling up through eyelets, about like lacing a boot up -- and bootlaces make good lace-up cords. This is on account of all that metal that depends off a doublet. Really puts a load on it, even with careful weight budgeting. Plate armor for field campaigns adds up to a burden head to heel of forty to fifty pounds. Which is why fully armoured warriors rode horses. Armored infantry armed with halberds and bills and pikes, having to walk, probably maxed out at twenty-thirty pounds with helmet and breastplate both. And mostly didn't wear but some of that while marching, but suited up for combat, having brought a lot of it in on wagons and pack animals.

Meanwhile, might as well ask you to list what tools you've got. If you have exactly none, a reliable list of good tools to start getting (as you need them for specific tasks) can be found in Brian Price's Techniques Of Medieval Armour Reproduction, abbreviated TOMAR, which concentrates on fourteenth-century style armor, but makes for you the foundational skills to go on to create fifteenth-century stuff like you admire.
"The Minstrel Boy to the war is gone..."
J. Morgan Kuberry
Archive Member

Post by J. Morgan Kuberry »

I can sew a basic 15th century doublet and hosen, or late 13th century tunic, braies, and chausses if someone can provide their rough dimensions. I'm also willing to sew relatively thin padded jacks and gambesons.

I am looking for (metal) poleaxes, swords, daggers, spear heads, handgonnes... also interested in simple skullcap helmets and other period infantry helms. Not SCA bargrill helms.