Chivalry Bookshelf-Author Resolution,or "Don't Buy My Book"

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Tailoress
+1

Re: Chivalry Bookshelf-Author Resolution,or "Don't Buy My Bo

Post by Tailoress »

Saritor wrote: It's actually more accurately the other way 'round...

SNIP...

There are also non-technical reasons why it would continue to be owned by Brian Price, but I just wanted to point out that there's some potential technical gray areas with the information we have currently that could explain why everything is still as it currently is.
All these theories are based on the unspoken idea that the buyer doesn't have the cooperation of the domain name seller. If Brian and Ann Price sold everything to Scott Adkins, it's quite reasonable to assume they'd be happy to sell the domain name as well. This is done all the time in business, and is not rocket science.

Or, if for some bizarre reason the Prices won't sell the domain name, Scott could buy a new domain (with a shiney new business name that is untainted by the Price legacy) and put 301 redirects on all existing, old pages to cause traffic to go directly to the new site. If he cannot do this himself, he could hire a web developer to do it for very cheap because it does not take long and is considered easy work. My own web developer did it for me in about 5 minutes when I completely overhauled my own site and put it onto Wordpress. Doing it inter-site isn't much different. A site like Task Rabbit could help with this.

I don't think this problem should be over-thought. It's in Scott's best interest to create a standalone business, with a standalone name, with no further financial dealings with the Prices, friends or not. I know he doesn't have to listen to folks on this topic, but it is good advice which, if taken, will benefit him and his business.
Saritor
Archive Member

Post by Saritor »

Tailoress wrote: All these theories are based on the unspoken idea that the buyer doesn't have the cooperation of the domain name seller. If Brian and Ann Price sold everything to Scott Adkins, it's quite reasonable to assume they'd be happy to sell the domain name as well. This is done all the time in business, and is not rocket science.

I don't think this problem should be over-thought. It's in Scott's best interest to create a standalone business, with a standalone name, with no further financial dealings with the Prices, friends or not. I know he doesn't have to listen to folks on this topic, but it is good advice which, if taken, will benefit him and his business.
I'm not over-thinking it...just running with what's been given to us: Scott's not a technical person, and has already stated that he's talked to a techie that he knows about what it would take to get it done. I see no reason to doubt that, and as this thread proves, there are perhaps reasons that he would want the business itself, but not the name, with the Prices allowing him to use both the DBA and the existing site while he either finishes paying them off (if it's in installments) or gets a new site and domain built.

A 301 redirect is one of those options that could work, but won't necessarily work for a simple domain swap. It really does depend on the storefront and how it and the pages in it are built, and a few other things. Sure, it could be done pretty easily that route, and would likely work, but it's not always going to be a guarantee. As conjecture, if it needs to continue running on the same box as Chivalry Bookshelf, a 301 redirect would work fine for just a domain name change mostly likely -- but would it be any better for Scott when people looked at the WHOIS and said "Well, Brian Price is his technical contact for the domain, so clearly he's still involved!" just because Brian "owns" the box that is hosting it?

For me, it's a lot easier explanation to accept that Scott doesn't know computers terribly well, and is trying to find someone to help him put a site together. Enterprising techies with basic graphic design skills and some site-building knowledge could probably leverage this in to "So, it'd cost $XXXX if I charged you cash, but, uh, how about some shoes/gambesons/whatever?" It's especially easier to accept the lack of domain name transfer in light of this thread, since, really...would anyone here want to actually buy the name and the association that comes with it?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll actually forward my suggestion of "site/domain in trade for goods" barter idea to a few SCAdians with web design experience.
Ed Toton
Archive Member

Post by Ed Toton »

I don't think it's worth disputing whether or not Scott is tech savvy or not.

There are many ways to update a website and alter a domain name. But I will certainly agree that it is in their best interest to distance themselves from Brian Price ASAP, and the fact remains that the domain's contact information is all still Brian Price (registered through GoDaddy). The website appears to be hosted with MonsterCommerce (all visible in the whois database), and presumably the new owners of the business should have all of the relevant login information for the web host.

Updating the contact info on the domain would be the quickest and easiest first step. Setting up 301 redirects takes a little more effort since you need to have hosting set up that will permit the domain to do nothing but redirects (easy if you're running Apache yourself, but more difficult if you're using a plain-old paid web hosting service), but simply changing the domain name should be as simple as registering the new name and then changing the settings in the web hosting to expect that name (unless the web developer did something stupid and embedded the domain-name in other places).
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

Honestly, folks, the website issue is secondary, and misses the point. As I already said:
1. At the time that Brian was supposedly going to sell the business (last Feb when this issue exploded here), he actually renewed and updated the registration.

2. Brian Price, not me, is the one who asserts as of this fall that he is the silent partner of revival.us.

3. Revival.us has just added new products in the last few months modeled by Brian's kids.
Which means that the question I posed to Scott is really all that matters: Please answer the following, without any ambiguity:

Do Brian and Ann Price maintain any current ownership, silent partnership or financial stake in the business selling through Revival.us? If not, on what date did they stop receiving compensation?

That should be incredibly easy to do, shouldn't it?

Greg
Ps. I will also note that for having trouble with managing the website, ka-blam, my book has now disappeared from Revival.us! ;)
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

So, I noticed that Revival.us has been undergoing a major face-lift last night:

1. New color scheme and new header;
2. CB titles are now called "Fighting Books";
3. Brian's kids no longer appear on the page;
4. The category headings that still used photos of Christian Tobler, etc are gone

But I also note that it is still called "Revival Leather Goods and Adkins Historical Wares", which is fine, and I respect that Scott has taken Stephen of Forth Castle's suggestion, but while I'm a little confused how this could all happen so quickly - one evening - if it has been unmanageable for 18 months, I'd still like the answer to my question:

Do Brian and Ann Price maintain any current ownership, silent partnership or financial stake in the business selling through Revival.us? If not, on what date did they stop receiving compensation?

People are going to continue to ask me, and I want to be able to give an unambiguous answer - I certainly don't want to steer people away from Scott and Kate if there is no reason to do so, anymore than I want to point folks to the Prices.
Baron Eirik
Archive Member

Post by Baron Eirik »

Greg Mele wrote:So, I noticed that Revival.us has been undergoing a major face-lift last night:
Check out his Sale thread. He went and paid for some help.
Master Eirik, MSCA
Munitions Grade Arms, Rattan & Thrusting Tips
Now on Facebook
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

Baron Eirik wrote:
Greg Mele wrote:So, I noticed that Revival.us has been undergoing a major face-lift last night:
Check out his Sale thread. He went and paid for some help.
Well, if so, that's fine. But that still doesn't tell us anything about the actual concern people have: if Scott owns RE, then why does Brian own his website, and why, as of this fall, did Brian Price himself assert that he was a partner in the business? The appearance of the website is a symptom of the concern, not the concern itself.

The question I have been asking for three days and still received no answer to is extremely simple:

These aren't hard questions to answer. Here is a comparable example for my own business:

Does Freelance Academy Press maintain any current ownership, silent partnership or financial stake in the former Chivalry Bookshelf titles selling through its website?

No. All physical products and copyrights are the property of their authors. Freelance's only financial stake is to recoup our costs for arranging shipment and warehousing. One this is recouped, we will be charging a fee to cover warehousing and shipping materials. We receive no compensation.

If not, on what date did they stop receiving compensation?
We are still being reimbursed for the thousands in shipping it cost to truck the books to Chicago, but with sales being as brisk as they are, we expect to be "square" with the owners within the next week.

See how simple that is?
Haldan
Archive Member

Post by Haldan »

Greg,

I understand that you've been screwed and screwed hard. I get it, I really do.

That being said, you're missing a point here. Scott (Murdoch) is not answerable to you. He does not HAVE to give you an answer. And really, the point is rather moot.

If, as you posit, there is still some 'on going relationship' with Scott's business and the Prices then that is Scott's affair. For the last (roughly) year or so people have been doing business with Scott. He's been filling the orders and doing the customer service and as far as I can see IS the business. If he is sending money or whatever to the Prices that is his look out.

If, as you seem to be unable to accept without reams of documentation, that there is NO relationship between the parties all you are doing is giving Scott free advertising and not really reflecting well on yourself at the same time.

Haldan
Adsum Domine
Steve S.
Archive Member

Post by Steve S. »

I gotta disagree, Haldan.

There are a lot of people, myself included, who would not want to buy something that might be putting money in Brian's pocket. Customers may not "deserve" an answer, but a lot of them will put their wallets back in their pockets without one.

I think Greg's question is a valid one.

Steve
Johann ColdIron
Archive Member

Post by Johann ColdIron »

Haldan wrote:That being said, you're missing a point here. Scott (Murdoch) is not answerable to you. He does not HAVE to give you an answer. And really, the point is rather moot

I have to disagree that the point is moot. I purchased things from Revival at Pennsic and have recommended them under the assumption that what we were told about the Prices selling the business was true. Until I know the truth I will be forced to withdraw my patronage. My reputation is a concern here.

While you are right that Scott does not HAVE to tell any of us his business arrangement it is in his best interest to do so. I met and liked Scott when we talked at Pennsic. I sincerely want him to succeed with this business but this will follow him like a cloud until this is resolved.
John Cope/ Sir Johann ColdIron, Master- Order of the Laurel

I'm not dead yet!
Haldan
Archive Member

Post by Haldan »

Steve -SoFC- wrote:I gotta disagree, Haldan.
Certainly, Steve.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I can accept that there are people out there that don't want to have any dealings with the Prices. But I can't see where the reiteration and reiteration and reiteration is solving anything and every time it's reiterated again make the reiterator seem like a howler monkey.

Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight as the wares sold in the business are not ones that I would buy (wrong time period).

Haldan
Adsum Domine
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

Hi Haldan,

To be clear, I only posted the last two times, because people missed the point - the website design was not something I really cared about - it was simply knowing why what I and others were told our faces and took on good faith is directly contradicted by the claims of a man who is pretty deeply reviled, and who has screwed numerous people - allegedly including his leather goods supplier. It is also a man who has past history of digging himself out of messes by acting through public agents. It is fair to ask if he is doing that again.
Haldan wrote: That being said, you're missing a point here. Scott (Murdoch) is not answerable to you. He does not HAVE to give you an answer. And really, the point is rather moot.
Actually, that isn't exactly correct. Scott IS NOT answerable to me or to anyone else, however:
If, as you posit, there is still some 'on going relationship' with Scott's business and the Prices then that is Scott's affair. For the last (roughly) year or so people have been doing business with Scott. He's been filling the orders and doing the customer service and as far as I can see IS the business. If he is sending money or whatever to the Prices that is his look out.
For the last 18 mos we have had people posting here that it is "ok to do business with RE because the Prices are not part of the business". Kate looked me in the eye and told me the same thing, and for the last few months I've told people the same.

Now Brian Price claims otherwise, and people have asked that question again and been ignored. Scott posted here and his answers contradicted each other, and others, such as Luca, have pointed out that he has never given an unambiguous answer.

This may not matter to you, but there are many people who actively boycotted the Prices and do not want to give them money. People boycott business because they do not like the owners' behavior, political endorsements, business actions, etc. My business is no exception. That comes with being at all public.

OTOH, if you say one thing and do the other - if you say that there is no shared ownership or exchange of money and it turns out to be otherwise - then that is deception, because you hid the truth because you knew that would be bad business, whereas you are very popular. For *me* that is a matter of ethics.
If, as you seem to be unable to accept without reams of documentation, that there is NO relationship between the parties all you are doing is giving Scott free advertising and not really reflecting well on yourself at the same time.
Haldan, please read my posts again. Scott never gave a clear answer - he rambled, and his answers contradicted each other. By your logic, the 25 page thread from last February should have ended when Brian Price posted denying everything.

I am not insensitive to Scott being in a bad place, and likely pissed that this came out in public. (OTOH, I tried the private discussion at Pennsic.) Indeed, I can relate: Brian Price spent quite some time over the last 18 mos complaining that the real reason for the lawsuit was to steal his business for my own press's benefit - ignoring that a) FAP only came into being because of his practices, and b) that we weren't taking any profits.

Shy of opening my books, I can't prove that on a forum - you only have my word and the other authors' unambiguous words for proof. That's all I asked for: Scott said if you have questions, then ask. I did. I summed up what I wanted to know in two sentences, which could be answered "yes or no" for the first, and with a date for the second. I already said I'd accept that answer at face value and drop it. If he can't or won't answer that, then it goes back to what Chris Gilman said above - if you can't get a straight answer from someone, don't trust them. Everyone will make their own decisions about that.

But at least they'll know that a direct question was asked - in public - and it wasn't answered.
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

Haldan wrote:But I can't see where the reiteration and reiteration and reiteration is solving anything and every time it's reiterated again make the reiterator seem like a howler monkey.
Because forums are organic, and SCA forums tend to have a lot of tech savvy people, so it is easy to get distracted with the question of site updates, and miss the larger question I was asking - which was about a direct assertion by Brian Price and my asking for a direct refutation. That's all I want.
Marco-borromei
Archive Member

Post by Marco-borromei »

Haldan,

Its a simple matter of whether or not Scott wants those customers back?

Many people want to know the answer to Greg's specific question... and Scott invited questions. *I* want to know the answer because *I* have been defrauded by Brian Price, and unknowingly led 12 other people into a risky circumstances based on Price's assurances, ones which later turned out to be false.

Customer's have no "right" to an answer. Scott, as much as I pity his situation, has no "right" to customers' trust. Trust in his company is at low point right now because the former owner is claiming an ongoing relationship.

How easy is it for Scott to answer Greg's question and restore trust in his company?

I've owned several small businesses and already suffered a very public problem with a former partner defrauding people while continuing to use my name. It sucks, but admitting MY mistake and fessing up about the problem to my [much smaller] market of customers was still way better than staying silent and hoping it would blow over. He WAS my closest friend right up to the day I found out he'd defrauded people in my name. Friendship does NOT outweigh fraud.

If *my* former partner started falsely advertising continued involvement in my current business, I'd be VERY aggressive about answering questions fully and putting as much distance as possible between myself and the guy who's destroying my market share with his false claims.

If Scott wants that market share back, he will answer the specific question honestly and completely, thereby regaining the trust of many prospective customers.

Others another path to choose: If Brian & Ann Price still maintain any current ownership, silent partnership or financial stake in the business selling through Revival.us, then Scott can tell us that. He will probably permanently lose that market share who will not under any circumstances do any business with the Prices, but at least the ordeal will be over. He can continue to focus on the remainder of his customers who don't care about the Prices.

Either choice looks better to me than inviting questions but continuing to dodge Greg's specific question.

I, for one, would buy certain items from Scott right now if I had assurances [per Greg's specifications] that the Prices were not involved, financially or otherwise. I'd love to get a pair of rubber hammer heads and another pair of shoes, but have held off buying them for the duration of this mess. I will not spent a penny until I am certain it is not going to Ann or Brian Price.
Instead of a PM, please reply via email directly to baronmarcoborromei@gmail.com. I rarely get to log on here and read PM's.
Knight Sir James
Archive Member

Post by Knight Sir James »

Haldan wrote:I can accept that there are people out there that don't want to have any dealings with the Prices. But I can't see where the reiteration and reiteration and reiteration is solving anything
Because the ducking, dodging or otherwise ignoring of the question means there are a group of people who will not spend any money with Murdock unless they know, for a fact, from his mouth, that their patronage does not, in any way, benefit the Price's. If Murdock wants to ignore those people, and lose those sales, that's his right to do so. Personally, I will not only refuse to do business with anyone who has ties to Price ... I will refuse to recommend anyone else who asks about items that I know are available from Revival.us, and will suggest that anyone considering purchasing anything from them find it somewhere else - and most of the time I'll even look for who else has it if I don't already know. So the effect can be far-reaching with a boycott, especially in a specialty niche market as ours is.

So unless I have proof showing otherwise - which, I will take Murdock's word at it - then I refuse to do business with, or recommend or support Revival.us as a known good vendor, based on the grounds that Brian Price *himself* has made the claim that he is still silently involved (not speculation) and Murdock does not feel the need to respond to a very simple, very valid question. He's been online, he's posted in other threads, including this one, so it reflects poorly on him to idly sit and ignore it.

If he wants to shun potential business, that's his right to do so....
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent
Galleron
Archive Member

Post by Galleron »

Murdock wrote: " • They are only selling books via the website, and only the ones that they were told by Brian had no legal issues tied to them.
• The books were being sold as a courtesy to Brian and Ann"

Yup, and I have very few of those.

It is well to know that of all the books still sold by Brian Price/Chivalry Bookshelf, all of the authors, with two exceptions, continue to have legal issues with Brian Price. To the best of my knowledge, none of them have been paid all the royalties they were entitled to under contract, and frequently they never received any royalties at all. None of them have received unsold copies as restitution.

A recurring pattern is that these authors often live outside the United States, and so find it particularly difficult to defend their legal rights.

There are only two exceptions to this pattern. One is Brian Price himself. The second is Dr. Bengt Thordeman, who suffers the additional handicap of being dead.

Please, if you have any doubts of this, contact the authors.
Galleron

http://willscommonplacebook.blogspot.com: My Blog
http://www.cafepress.com/Commonplacegood: My CafePress store for medieval recreation and the Middle Ages
Chris Gilman
Archive Member

Post by Chris Gilman »

Something that may have been overlooked. All Brian needs to do is "sell" the business or just claim to, then continue to sell product to that business from his suppliers. He still gets money, it just goes through another hand. If people want to boycott the Price's, they need to boycott any product past or present, associated with them, regardless of who sells it. It just sucks for those who have inventory, but if you want to boycott Sony, you don't just Boycott their store.
Kalle Ommer
Archive Member

Post by Kalle Ommer »

I do understand that here are a few people who have been screwed by Brian Price and I can understand that this is a hard thing to accept.

I don´t know anybody in this personaly, as I am living on the other side of this planet and only had a few dealings with Rivival (Price) and Murdock and that´s it. Murdock went out of his way to build me some very fine spring arms and I am more than happy with them.

But to the point. This whole thing is based on something a known liar said. If Brian Price would tell most of you that the weather is fine or shit is brown about anybody involved in this threat would disagree with him, just on principle.

Nobody around here takes something Brian tells him at face value.... but, if he tells you something, that put´s a bad light on someone else, this very person who has done nothing wrong has to prove his worth to the community in question or ...... lose his buissiness. Hmmmmmmm, odd.

Maybe I read this wrong, not beeing a native speaker. But maybe some are so emotianally envolved they cannot let this go.

Please don´t get me wrong, I don´t want to accuse you of something, but please take a minute to calm down and think about this.

I allways thought that you aren´t guilty till it is proven and not the other way around. And if the main argument is ... some liar told me that this is true, that´s a really shaky argument.

Maybe if you don´t attack Murdock outright and demand something, he will open up and give you answers. But on the other hand. He answered here and told you that the buissiness is his and Brian P. isn´t part of the buissiness any more and nobody listened .....

Just my .2$

Greetings
Gewalt ist nicht die Loesung des Problems ..... aber ungemein befriedigend ;-)
Signo
Archive Member

Post by Signo »

The old saying teach that one bad apple in the chest make all the apples rot. This is true only if you don't remove the bad apple as soon as you discover it, so other apples are still good, but you know what you do when you find one... you check all the others.
I've never met anyone here, but I know how deluded I was when shit hit the fan with mr. Price, so, even if I'm an outsider ,in the past I made some business with chivalry bookshelf, and I can perfectly understand how much people are pissed about it.
In my opinion, their asking clarifications to Murdock, is a gentle opportunity to him, because I have simply erased the business from my potential sellers forever and I would have been good with it. But, if I could get assured that in no direct or indirect way my money end in a pocket that I dislike, then I would glady buy again from that business.
In short, I think you would like to know if the money you trow at a business are financing international terrorism no? Ok, things are not so dramatic, but the concept is the same.
Antonio
Archive Member

Post by Antonio »

I have to say I feel the same way- Revival was back on my 'Okay to buy from' list- and those spear blunts look interesting as a possibility for a Rapier-pike experiment. But at present, I don't feel it acceptable to buy from them, until I hear that the Prices aren't going to be taking some of the profits- their behaviour has been sufficiently bad that it could have set back the chances of people being willing to write accessible period fence manuals for years. A point needs to be made on the subject.

As soon as Revival tell us that the Prices aren't profiting, then it's back to 'vendor as normal'
Murdock
Something Different

Post by Murdock »

Ok, ya got me back on after I said I was done.

To answer Greg's question "Do Brian and Ann Price maintain any current ownership, silent partnership or financial stake in the business selling through Revival.us? If not, on what date did they stop receiving compensation?"

Even though honestly it's none of your business Greg, HOWEVER, for the customers who are still concerned I will answer.

Brian and Anne have _no_ current involvement in the business beyond what I already stated before in this thread. That is the limit of the "silent partnership" Brian refers to on linked in.

We are not really supposed to talk about the details of our transaction, but I obtained consent to disclose this information. The LAST payment was on 6/21/12. The Business’s money goes to _me_.

That is my FINAL response to this thread and if that is REALLY all you wanted to know this should be the end of this discussion.
Greg Mele
Archive Member

Post by Greg Mele »

Murdock,
Murdock wrote: Brian and Anne have _no_ current involvement in the business beyond what I already stated before in this thread. That is the limit of the "silent partnership" Brian refers to on linked in.

We are not really supposed to talk about the details of our transaction, but I obtained consent to disclose this information. The LAST payment was on 6/21/12. The Business’s money goes to _me_.
OK, if I understand, correctly:

1. you were essentially buying the business in installments, and they maintained a direct part of ownership - but not operations - until June of this year, not last year as Brian asserted, or bought outright as we were told. So Brian *was* an owner for most of the last two years;
2. But when I spoke to Kate at Pennsic the business was and is now solely yours.

Thank you. I realize I'm not your favorite person at the moment, but that truly was all I wanted to know. It was always the Prices, not the Adkins, people did not want to do business with. People can now do with that info as they like. As I promised, I'm done here.

Best wishes,

Greg
Last edited by Greg Mele on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baron Eirik
Archive Member

Post by Baron Eirik »

Murdock wrote:We are not really supposed to talk about the details of our transaction, but I obtained consent to disclose this information.
And this explains the delay in the answer.

Thank you for both honoring that part of the agreement, and in going the extra distance to gain that consent.
Master Eirik, MSCA
Munitions Grade Arms, Rattan & Thrusting Tips
Now on Facebook
SirOlafr
Archive Member

Post by SirOlafr »

I for one just wanted to acknowledge that I appreciate Murdock's reply and I further wish him the best with this business. His answer will also put Revival back on my ok to buy from list.
"The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."-Theodore Roosevelt

Dogs of War
Steel Fighters

SCA:
KSCA, AEthelmearc
House Anephedros
Former squire to Count Robin Wallace
Russ Mitchell
Archive Member

Post by Russ Mitchell »

Yup.
No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Antonio
Archive Member

Post by Antonio »

Thank you, Murdock! You've set a lot of minds at rest- and the fact that you sought consent to disclose the information shows you as an honourable type.

Thanks again :)
Johann ColdIron
Archive Member

Post by Johann ColdIron »

Thanks Scott,

I really appreciate you clearing the air. Now I can continue to recommend your business to my students and others that are looking for gear.
John Cope/ Sir Johann ColdIron, Master- Order of the Laurel

I'm not dead yet!
Knight Sir James
Archive Member

Post by Knight Sir James »

Johann ColdIron wrote:Thanks Scott,

I really appreciate you clearing the air. Now I can continue to recommend your business to my students and others that are looking for gear.
Agreed! Always happy to have another vendor available in our small market. Going to go take a closer look at those axe heads now...
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent
Marco-borromei
Archive Member

Post by Marco-borromei »

Scott, thanks for the answers. I'll be putting through an order right after christmas is over.
Instead of a PM, please reply via email directly to baronmarcoborromei@gmail.com. I rarely get to log on here and read PM's.
Hrolfr
Archive Member

Post by Hrolfr »

And Scott, put the website in your sig line :wink:
Thomas Gallowglass said:
Amoung the things I've learned in life are these two tidbits...
1) don't put trust into how politicians explain things
2) you are likely to bleed if you base your actions upon 'hope'.
Sean M
Archive Member

Post by Sean M »

It has come to my attention that in April of 2017, six years after Murdock acquired Revival Enterprises, the domain revival.us was renewed with the following information:

Brian Price
Revival Enterprises
3305 Mayfair Lane, Highland Village, Texas, 75077, USA
Phone: +1.7084341251
Fax: +1.9784184774
Email: brian at chivalrybookshelf dot com

Area code 708 is in Illinois, and area code 978 is in MA, but the other information is still Brian Price's. Postal address, phone number, fax, and email address are exactly the same as for the the old chivalrybookshelf.com

Brian Price still describes himself as a silent partner in Revival Enterprises on LinkedIn. Let the buyer beware.
DIS MANIBUS GUILLELMI GENTIS MCLEANUM FAMILIARITER GALLERON DICTI
VIR OMNIBUS ARTIBUS PERITUS
Check out Age of Datini: European Material Culture 1360-1410
Sean M
Archive Member

Re: Chivalry Bookshelf-Author Resolution,or "Don't Buy My Book"

Post by Sean M »

In April 2021, Brian R. Price renewed the registration of revival.us with his new Alabama address.
https://www.whois.com/whois/revival.us wrote: Registrant Contact

Name: Brian Price
Street: 300 N. Bridge St
City: Wetumpka
State: Alabama
Postal Code: 36092
Phone: +1.9727413907
Fax: +1.9784184774
Email: chronique_editor@yahoo.com
Although he eventually updated his LinkedIn to say that he ceased to be a silent partner in 2012, members of this forum know what Brian Price's word is worth.

Edit: on the Wayback Machine it looks like Adkins abandoned that site as COVID arrived in 2020, but it looks like Price controlled the domain as long as the business used that site. As for what other services Price provided, we can only speculate.
DIS MANIBUS GUILLELMI GENTIS MCLEANUM FAMILIARITER GALLERON DICTI
VIR OMNIBUS ARTIBUS PERITUS
Check out Age of Datini: European Material Culture 1360-1410