West Coast Armoury Backorders (Official) Last update Oct2014

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Ingvarr
Slut in waiting

Re: West Coast Armoury Backorder List (Official)

Post by Ingvarr »

Thought someone already tried that. Don't forget that he also sat crown during this period.
Charlotte J wrote:never go full Konstantin!
CiaranBlackrune
Archive Member

Post by CiaranBlackrune »

You know what's really messed up? People in Caid act like nothing ever happened.
What the SCA needs is less Armour Archive, and more Monty Python.
Hrolfr
Archive Member

Post by Hrolfr »

CiaranBlackrune wrote:You know what's really messed up? People in Caid act like nothing ever happened.

If there was a "LIKE" button, I would hit it.....
Thomas Gallowglass said:
Amoung the things I've learned in life are these two tidbits...
1) don't put trust into how politicians explain things
2) you are likely to bleed if you base your actions upon 'hope'.
Damon
Archive Member

Post by Damon »

I removed this because this is not the place to discuss what I was getting into. I do not know the person this thread is about and my post was more directed at the bad behavior of peers in general and not whatever it is that this guy did.
Last edited by Damon on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds its certainty.
Diglach Mac Cein
Archive Member

Post by Diglach Mac Cein »

?

He's been called out by people for YEARS.

UNFORTUNATELY his private business and SCA activities are mutually exclusive - do you REALLY want to open the door on "I'm banishing so and so because of his business practices"? That's not a slippery slope, that's a cliff.

If your sole, entire reason to participate and spend money in the SCA is to become a peer, you are going to get what you pay for.

If you can't stand up for yourself because ONE peer might speak against you (and there are only 2 people PER REIGN who can stop you from being made a peer), the reason you aren't a peer MIGHT not be where you think it is.

And you CAN spend your money and time in the SCA any way you want, and to any degree you want. Nobody is stopping you.

I'm a Midrealmer. I've made my feeling about Brand well known. I actively dissuade people from going to him for armor - in stock or not. I tell them why, let them make their own decision. Not certain how much more you expect people to do.
McCein Leatherworks and Sutlery - Used / refurbished armor, leatherworks, and accessories -

Check out my FB Page -
Gypsy
Archive Member

Post by Gypsy »

brand is at it again sigh
muttman
Archive Member

Post by muttman »

And, based on the FB SCA armour for sale page as of today- 3/24/16, at it yet again. Leopard doesn't change its spots
"this calls for a special blend of psychology and extreme violence" V. Basterd

Dogs of War Brute Squad
SCA- Sir Ruslan Voronov
Former Squire to Sir Óláfr Fasthaldi
House Anephedros
Maugrim of House Hamilton
Sword Of Cadair Idris EMP
muttman
Archive Member

Post by muttman »

Here we go- since the most recent poor dumb bastard he ripped off saw the back order thread and assumed things we hunky dory, maybe linking this thread in will demonstrate the pattern to future victims.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146737&hilit=brand+ ... &start=280
Brand steals from customers. Its his thing, its what He does. You can try to polish that turd up anyway you like (He had some hard times/bad luck/ 9/11 happened/ He couldn't work on products owed, He was too busy going to Europe...whatever) but the bottom line is He takes money and doesn't deliver product at an alarming rate and has for over a decade under several business names.
Do a search on the AA and see for yourself before you give him your money
"this calls for a special blend of psychology and extreme violence" V. Basterd

Dogs of War Brute Squad
SCA- Sir Ruslan Voronov
Former Squire to Sir Óláfr Fasthaldi
House Anephedros
Maugrim of House Hamilton
Sword Of Cadair Idris EMP
Samuel
Archive Member

Re: West Coast Armoury Backorders (Official) Last update Oct

Post by Samuel »

https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastArmoury/?fref=nf

PER HIS FB PAGE.. he closed in april..
Samuel
Archive Member

Post by Samuel »

Aaron
Archive Member

Post by Aaron »

May he wake up one day and find out that he is Jar-Jar Binks ugly sister.
sanguiniusblood

Post by sanguiniusblood »

Still no news on my order from 2011.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch
JT
Editor

Post by JT »

SirBrand has not logged into the Archive since Oct-2014.
sanguiniusblood

Post by sanguiniusblood »

Is there any way for those indaviduals who were got taken for a ride to get some sort of payback? Civil.or other wise?
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch
Erhartvonstuttgart

Post by Erhartvonstuttgart »

So, he has appeared again on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastArmoury/

has he made good on prior orders and what not?
coreythompsonhm
Archive Member

Post by coreythompsonhm »

No, he has not. He still has a long list.
Aaron
Archive Member

Post by Aaron »

Ingvarr wrote:Thought someone already tried that. Don't forget that he also sat crown during this period.
He took too many shots to the head. You never sit on the crown. You wear a crown. The pointy bits should not be in your gluteus maximus.
Thorvaaldr Frithsamr
Archive Member

Post by Thorvaaldr Frithsamr »

Brand posted this on Facebook, today, 5.30.2017

I am reposting it here for informational purposes. Don't ask me any questions, I know what you know.

=======================================================

Armoury Update: No More Armouring, Refund Info and Pattern Release.

This one has been a tough update to write, but here it goes. I have been trying to work through the injuries but just can’t seem to hammer for more than a few minutes a day. It’s been over 5 months since the accident and the doctors say it’ll still be 6-12 months more of rehab and physical therapy before I can really labor again, if at all. While I may be able to still make an item or two a month I have to now accept that production armouring is over for me.

Refunds:

I know some folks still want the items but the majority have waited far too long as it is. So I am compiling a Refund Spreadsheet for myself and the lawyers handling the accident settlement. If you need to be on it please email admin@westcoastarmoury.com or message through this page with all your info: Name, Phone, Address, Email, date of order and the exact total you paid and for what items. I’ve already been doling out some refund payments and it’s a very slow but steady process. As soon as the settlement is done I will be putting that right into the refunds as well. So get me your info, I’ll update the spreadsheet, the lawyers, and hopefully have a list up on the website in the next couple of weeks.

Patterns:

An armourer’s true invention is in his patterns. I’ve wanted to share my patterns for a while now. By letting go of being a production armourer, I am now free to share the 20+ years of pattern design and empower others to make their own gear. The goal is to start releasing the patterns, for non-commercial personal use, starting here in June. I’m researching delivery methods, probably digital image download, so stay tuned.

-Brand

==========================================

link:

https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastArmou ... 0104268320
Blaine de Navarre
Archive Member

Post by Blaine de Navarre »

Look who's back in business...https://www.westcoastarmoury.com/
Blaine de Navarre
in temperantiam temeritas
in vapulationem veritas
Tom B.
Archive Member

Post by Tom B. »

He also has a FB page: West Coast Armoury - Armourwork by Brand Lancaster

I hope that the people waiting on items/refunds really do get what they are due.

(Bolding & enlarging below by me)
West Coast Armoury FB Post wrote:West Coast Armoury - Armourwork by Brand Lancaster -
October 18, 2019 · Shared with Public
Armoury Update
Restarting Limited Production, Stock Items Only.
It’s been almost 3 years since the car wreck and while my back is far from 100% I have slowly been able to work my way into swinging a hammer some these past few months. As there are still some folks owed from the shut down, and as my job doesn’t pay enough to make any headway on them, I’m going to put some pieces in stock every now and then to keep the little shop going and pay those folks back.
Nope, not taking commissions, custom orders, or getting back into an actual “business” of hammering out armour myself. You can buy only what is in stock at the time. I won’t be accepting any custom commissions or any money up front as I want to be able to work on things I have the desire, time and physical capability to make. Now you can send me a suggestion of what you’d be interested in, if it were in stock, and I might make that happen.
If you’re one of the folks still owed from the shutdown and you see an item pop up that you’d like, let me know as well and maybe we can put it towards your bill. If your friend would like an item perhaps you can have them just pay you directly and I’ll send you the item to hand to them. Whatever I can reasonably do to start balancing the scales.
So in summary, watch the website for in stock items soon(ish). If you want something that’s in stock then get it while it’s available. No commissions, custom orders, or money accepted for items not actually already made. Suggestions are welcome, but remember this is a hobby, not a business, so I’m not looking to “have to” make anything specific.
Armoury Patterns Group Update:
The group will be shut down as several people have been using the patterns for profit which is counter to the terms of the group. The patterns were made available for the past couple years for folks to learn how to make their own gear. While it helped a lot of people build their personal gear, not a single person who used them for profit even bothered to ask for permission or even give credit. So after a year or so of this going on it’s time to pull the plug. Those who’ve downloaded the patterns are free to continue to use them for personal use only, but there is no permission to use them for commercial/profit use.
Personal Update:
So as alluded to above, the settlement from the accident (car wreck Dec 2016) happened (super tiny) and I am also gainfully employed in a “normal” job.
The settlement netted only $4K or so, instead of the much larger settlement anticipated, as participation in combat sports for 20+ years established a reasonable doubt that the injuries, or some, could have been incurred previous to the accident, which of course they were not. But that is the way of the legal system. So I got the medical bills covered and the remainder was not even enough to fully pay off the wrecked car, which I paid off over this last year. So there was nothing to put towards the refunds hence why I’ll be selling a few things here and there. Disappointing, but such is life at times.
On the employment side, I have been employed as a Special Investigator in a role that can’t be talked about it in an open forum, but I can say that it is very interesting and challenging. Good thing my background check was really clean, all except financials from my armouring adventures/misadventures. Pay is enough to barely scrape by in San Diego, but it’s steady.
As I would spare everyone two and a half years of details and drama, small triumphs and bitter tragedies, that’s it for now,
-Brand
leekellerking
Archive Member

Post by leekellerking »

And he has a separate website:

https://www.westcoastarmoury.com/

I hope that Sir Brand is able to get all his back orders filled, too.
I'm not old; I'm vintage!
Yojimbo
Archive Member

Re: West Coast Armoury Backorders (Official) Last update Oct2014

Post by Yojimbo »

Listen, I see WCA all over FB now. Did he clear the backlog ?
Never Trust a Fart.
JT
Editor

Re: West Coast Armoury Backorders (Official) Last update Oct2014

Post by JT »

Yojimbo wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:11 pm Listen, I see WCA all over FB now. Did he clear the backlog ?
This still remains true:
-- SirBrand last updated this thread in Oct of 2014
-- SirBrand last visited the Archive Forums (logged in) at that same time.
-- This means that for a year and a half just under nine years, there has been no report of progress toward the backorders (failure to perform/complete/deliver) that SirBrand has acknowledged exist from around six years back.

Read into this what you will with respect to future performance.
-- jt --