Stay away from this seller!

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

Post by Mike Garrett (Orc) »

Herculean, Durin? Do not suggest such contrivances! Verily this being is a God that walketh among us mere mortals, not some pale, shadow of a demi-god. Surely we must do him great damage.......HOMAGE , sorry. :twisted:
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Post by Dave Womble »

This man should be dragged outside, stoned, beaten like a baby seal, run over by a 76 Buick, and mummified in his own intestines...all else aside, just for being one of the most incredibly retarded individuals I've ever had the misfortune to come accross.

This guy has made it stunningly, painfully obvious he's doggy paddled to the shallow end of the gene pool. Why couldnt he have slipped on the wet pavement and saved the evolutionary chain the pain and suffering of his existance.

Dave
Ceddie
Archive Member

Post by Ceddie »

Is this guy really worth all the time being spent on him?
Complaints have been filed, frustration vented, now enjoy the holidays
Eddie Costello
(SCA-Cedric the Just of Dorchester)
--or--
Ceddie
---------------
WATONGO!
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

I take it you don't like him then? :wink:
Ceddie
Archive Member

Post by Ceddie »

Mr Orc wrote:I take it you don't like him then? :wink:

I don't know him. I think his bussness practices are a little suspect to say the least. What I do know is folks I see on line all the time are spending a lot of time talking trash about him in a forum where he doesn't have a chance to defend himeslf.
Eddie Costello
(SCA-Cedric the Just of Dorchester)
--or--
Ceddie
---------------
WATONGO!
Rygar
Archive Member

Post by Rygar »

Ceddie wrote: What I do know is folks I see on line all the time are spending a lot of time talking trash about him in a forum where he doesn't have a chance to defend himeslf.

I do believe that he has already stated that he's been on here and read everything that we have been posting about him since being given the link to this thread.

It's a simple matter to register on the sight and start posting. Actually, I'm surprised as hell he hasn't done that already.

So, he's had plenty of opportunity to do that IMO.
Rygar

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

-- Terry Pratchett
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Post by Dave Womble »

Precisely...you obviously havnt read the garbage he spews out of his mouth. I cant say I blame you...it *is* a *lot* of garbage to go through, and most of you here have far better things to do with your time.

I don't. :twisted:

He says dozens of times he's been here and read everything, and he's going to sue all of us and get injunctions because we're slandering him, yet every bluff he's thrown out, we've called and debunked. Every shred of crap he's said has been proven false, either by his own contradictions, or outside sources.

At this point, my amusement at flaming him has passed, I just want to see to it he doesnt resurface under a new identity on Ebay and start his scam again. I also take offense to his nonsense about having 40 years of sword fighting and making experience, when he couldnt mention what, if any styles he's played in, plus he couldnt correctly name a main gauche dagger (he called it a main gauge half a dozen times in one of his listings) and then goes on and on about a 16th century El Cid rapier (do your homework, no El Cid in the 16th century) AND the ivory sword he goes on and on about that his grandfather supposedly shot the elephant for and he carved, turns out to be a shitty stainless and delrin plastic wall hanger from Marto. He gives people who DO care about and know a lot about arms and armour a bad name, and insults the intelligence of those same people. He's pathetic and should slam his head into a pile of petrified baboon shit for wasting everyone's time and for putting a poor woman through bullshit she didnt deserve.

He's had ample oppurtunity to defend himself, but instead, he continued to build walls of bullshit around himself, and when we toppled them, he couldnt handle it.

The guy needs to be taught a lesson, legally and financially.
DAVID01
Archive Member

Post by DAVID01 »

YEA! What he said :twisted: LOL
Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots.
Abaddon
Archive Member

Post by Abaddon »

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT:

I am grateful to all who went out of their way to check this guy out and post their opinions of him here. But let's not get carried away with our righteous indignation. It is our right to warn others away from what we deem to be a shady deal, in fact ebay is set up as a community forum with feedback by members for exactly this purpose. Consumers are supposed to watch out for each other, and sellers likewise report bad customers. I brought it to your attention here so that on one I know or care about would get burned by this "gentleman". Nothing illegal going on here. But let us refrain from physical threats or harassment. It is not needful, and brings us down to this guy's level. I know from firsthand experience how infuriating he can be, and how geniunely unrepentent he is about his obvious deceptions...but do not let his lack of honor bring us to dishonor ourselves. The man does have a true talent for making instant enemies of people. I have never met a man I took a disliking to so quickly. And I haven't even met him, in person....and yet I knew more of his character (or lack thereof) from the first email he sent back in reply than I would know of many of the people here after years of them posting.

As far as legal action goes, let it be said here and now that I posted this thread. I am the originator.
Me...Robert Mayo of Spring Lake, Michigan.
So come and get me, Mr. Duvane. I look forward to it.
I have all the original emails from Mr. Duvane as well as my own original questions and responses posted through ebay. If he wants to hold someone legally responsible for all his latest troubles, let it be me.
I told him I was going to get the word out on him and his sleazy tactics, and I did. I never realized that it would be to this extent, but am overjoyed that so many people got involved. I told him what he was doing was wrong...and I told him all this as if he didn't know and was simply in error. I did not accuse him of wrongdoing...at first...I only accused him of commiting an error. Little did I know that he was very well aware of the rules and was simply trying to put one over on ebay and his customers, and the IRS as well. That's right, the IRS.
E-commerce laws are pretty clear. If anyone from his home state had bought the item, he would have had to charge sales tax. But on what? Shipping? No sir. Only the final auction price. Which would have been only a fraction of the real total.
I would imagine the IRS would take that badly. It is a small amount of money to them, in the grand scheme of things, but theirs is an organization fond of making examples.
Their philosophy is that you cannot catch all the f*ck-ups, so you really crucify the ones you do catch and hope the word spreads.
Mr. Duvane would do well to realize that.

I started out honestly trying to help him avoid trouble, thinking he was new to ebay, but soon realized he was a sociopath who lied out of habit even when the truth would have served him just as well. I got back nothing but vituperation and threats. All of which were pretty laughable and hollow, I must admit. I wrote him a few choice emails that outlined what he needed to do to rectify the situation, and the actions I would take if he did not. Then I posted here and forgot about him. After his second email, I suddenly realized that I did not need to go out of my way to screw this jerk over, because guys like him are their own worst enemies and end up screwing themselves over every time. And I was right. His own attitude towards his potential customers screwed him. Those of you who contacted this guy got the same type of insulting and belittling responses to your inquiries that I did, either that or you received out and out lies back from him. He responses back to you were all almost tailor made to incite your wrath and your continued harassment, weren't they? His own worst enemy. All he had to do was change his auction to avoid all this, but he would rather fight the whole world.
I honestly don't know how he has the time to reply to as many emails as he must have gotten. And he made fun of ME for not having a life, because I took the time out to write him an email about his questionable auction practices!

In any event, I am glad I have brought him to your attention, and thank you all for getting involved. I certainly got more of a response from the Archive than I did from ebay. It is my beleif that it is up to those "in the know" to keep the internet free from fraud when we can. If we spot fraudulent claims or strange practices we should let as many people as we can know about it. I, for one, like buying things online, and many of the things I am interested in can only be found online, but I can foresee a day when the risk will become too great for such sales to continue, for both buyers and sellers becuase of guys like this one.
Unless we nip these types of illicit transactions in the bud.
Last edited by Abaddon on Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**ABADDON**
The Adversary

Better to have a worthy adversary than an uncertain friend.
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Post by Dave Womble »

He certainly gets testy...in response to my question on his listing for a double bladed sword staff: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7116903027 he 1st responded in a normal tone, but still didnt address the actual inquiry:

I asked:
"?? 16" long blades combine to make 50" weapon.... interesting...the hilt part in the middle doesnt look like it's 18" long...I dunno what planet you're from, but here on Earth, 16+16=32. Where do you get 50? Just curious."

His 1st reply:

"You ad in the length of the grips, thats where they attach. You do know that with a sword the grip length is included in the overall length, don't you? Well, have any other questions just let me know."

Then shortly after he sent that reply, he sent this one:

"I warned you armoury archive folks to stay out of my listings and I would consider this matter over with. Do not bother me again, understand. This matter is over, got it."

SIR! YES SIR!

Oh well.

I have many questions regarding all of his listings...but ok, the gig is up for us (me) I guess. We cracked him...it's not fun for him anymore...I imagine he has a few other more important things to address right now than my inquiries. IRS....wow, I hadnt even thought of that one.... :twisted:

Abbadon, you meant well, and we all thank you...some of us just cant help ourselves, and feel that we must interject more than a casual warning. Had he conducted himself differently, it wouldnt have snowballed like it did, but he was a self serving sack of shit that spit upon everything most of us here hold in high regard. We each had our own reasons for doing and writing what we did, and in the end, I like to think we accomplished *something* at least, though we likely wont ever know exactly what.

Wulf, thank you for a very entertaining ride on this thread, hats off to you. Meaddrinker, thanks to you as well. (I wish I could buy mead in New Hampshire...I would very much like to try some).

On to the next jackass then shall we? It shouldnt be long....

:D
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

Abaddon - well spoken & done Sir.
Dave (Durin) - if you want a recipe for mead I'll be more than happy to supply you with one - it's very simple - even I can do it! I would offer to ship some over but I believe that your customs won't let me. I took some over for Meaddrinker (Hi Dave) when I visited. I may have a way around it - I think if it's a home-made product I'll be ok so I'll have to check.
Dave Womble
Archive Member

mead

Post by Dave Womble »

I actually have a book on mead, I dont recall who the 2 authors are, but ones English, one's scottish...How to Make Mead its called i think...a little orange paperback...I even have a place to buy all the supplies, the Fermentation Station, a store a couple of towns over, but I dont have the cash to buy everything I need. Plus, I'd rather buy a bottle or two from someone who knows what theyre doing.

I tried some orange blossom mead once that was fantastic, and at a Ren Faire I had some, but I suspect as with most things at Faires, it was crap. tasted like champagne.

Since I'm a big fan of the vikings (not the Minnesota football team either!) I'd like to get ahold of something that would be similar to what they would have drank.

The only other exotic beverage I've had the chance to try was absinthe...yuck. Not for me...did it the right way too...special silver spoons with the special sugar, poured the absinthe over it, etc etc...I'll pass on that.

Give me mead, lagers, and pilsners. Not a big ale or stout fan....too bitter.

:sad: I havnt gotten blitzed in a while.....
Jeff J
Archive Member
Location: Adrift Just Off the Islets of Langerhans: Latitude N 39° 2' 55.3, Longitude W 104° 48' 50.4

Hey, he's a topic on another Forum too!

Post by Jeff J »

BONANZA!!!
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Gabriel duvayne

Post by Dave Womble »

Wow...this goes deeper than any of us thought it appears...

Thanks for those links Jeff.

Dave
Abaddon
Archive Member

Post by Abaddon »

I sent these names to ebay in hopes they could find out if he was a formerly banned user, as I think he is.
**ABADDON**
The Adversary

Better to have a worthy adversary than an uncertain friend.
Sasha
Archive Member

Post by Sasha »

I think we know who this guy is now. He is an unemployed Scooby Doo villian ("I done warned you archive folks to stay out of my business....")

As my favourite Firefly quote goes "Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

Sasha

Thanks for the entertainment folks.
"Work like you were living in the early days of a better nation"
Owen
Archive Member

Post by Owen »

He has a number of items up now, and seems to have dealt with the shipping issue, but it looks to me like he is selling multiple copies of "unique" items. What a yutz.
Anjouleme
Archive Member

Post by Anjouleme »

Yeah, he's apparently been black listed at that forum under the name Brian Stoffa, Gabriel Green, and Gabriel Duvane from Phoenix, AZ. It seems this forum might be looking into charges of fraud, as well. Read this:

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread ... ght=stoffa

For my part, I haven't had any personal communication with this man, but I have reported his misuse of policy, law, etc. And I will probably continue to do so as long as I have the facts to back up such misuse. I'm not one to draw him out into a verbal war of sorts, and am not sure that I really agree with doing such a thing (despite the fact that he seems to invite it), but I CAN continue to report any such violations of policy, law, etc. Thanks for the original warning Abaddon!
Cassandra Peverell
Harpy Huscarl of Calontir
Johann ColdIron
Archive Member

Post by Johann ColdIron »

On that last link there is a address for Animal's Christmas Ivory purchase :shock:
John Cope/ Sir Johann ColdIron, Master- Order of the Laurel

I'm not dead yet!
sandman
Archive Member

Post by sandman »

Hey wow, someone else from Iowa - welcome Anjouleme!
T. Finkas
Archive Member

Post by T. Finkas »

I sent him a very courteous inquiry (about an item on e-bay) and got back a spew of venom and profanity. This guy is a real piece of work!
Tancred de Lanvellec
Archive Member

Post by Tancred de Lanvellec »

Oh - I'm entering the fray!!!! :twisted:
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Gabriel Duvayne/Gabriel Green/Brian Stoffa

Post by Dave Womble »

Whoever this guy is, I just want him to get pimp slapped for A) Being an asshole, B) being stunningly stupid, C) Threatening a nice girl,
D) Insulting our intelligence, E) Wasting our time, and F) because he writes with the mentality of a 7 year old.

My many e-mails to and from him were quite colorful and amusing in content, and my many Ebay inquiries to him were equally amusing...I honestly think he doesnt realize just exactly how much dirt there is on him...or that we have all of his e-mails...at least Wulf and I do...the guy is a twit, pure and simple.

Does anyone have any info on what, if anything, has been done about him? Many folks claimed they reported him to Ebay, the FBI, the IRS, etc etc and I'm just wanting some follow up info. I really wanna see this guy go down.

I wanted to lodge a report with Ebay, but after browsing their help links, I couldnt figure out what steps I had to take in order to do so...or if I even could, since I wasnt a bidder in any of his auctions.
DAVID01
Archive Member

Post by DAVID01 »

Bloodaxe, here is a link to where you need to go to report this guy:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll

I got an e-mail from e-bay yesterday saying they were going to check into the matter and it could take 24 to 48 hours.... (Boy their really on the ball) sence it has been almost a week since I turned it in. I hope they don't blow it off. The more we get to report this idiot the better chance we have to get them to REALLY look into the matter. Be sure to turn in this item #2292936594 an tell them to read his Questions from other members.
Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots.
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Post by Dave Womble »

link doesnt work....just tells me theres an input error...please go back and make sure all fields are filled in.

Dave
Dave Womble
Archive Member

Post by Dave Womble »

never mind, i figured it out...got to their contact form.

Dave
DAVID01
Archive Member

Post by DAVID01 »

Sorry I just assumed that it would work since I was at the page and copyed the url :oops: .
sans-pareil

Post by sans-pareil »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I'd just like to introduce myself. I''m from the Netherlands and very interested in medieval martial arts and so I am always looking for others who have the same interests.

To add to the general hilarity concerning this guy on ebay, I would like to mention that I came looking for this place after an exchange of e-mails with this rabid loony. After an inquiry into one of his items he assumed I was some sort of evil demon from either sword forum international or here... now I'd never heard of armour archive before he accused me of being part of the conspiracy to take away his business being run by armour archive and SFI, and after a brief exchange of e-mails which I quickly saw as a very enjoyable exercise in baiting him (I'll post transcripts later if people would like to see them) I decided this armour archive place must be an OK place if it had made such an impression on this pathetic person, so here I am.

As far as I am concerned even swordseller31 has a good side to him, as I hadn't seen this forum before, and if it wasn't for him I might never have got here, not to mention the great amount of fun to be had responding to his e-mails. Hope he hasn't actually managed to rip anyone off though, as that would decrease his amusement value.

I will be following the rest of this thread with interest.
"It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop" - confucius
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

Hi sans-pareil
Welcome to the AA!!
Yes - I'm sure we'd all like to see the transcripts!
Merry Christmas!
Mike F
Archive Member

Post by Mike F »

Welcome! I'm glad to see a silver lining come out of this!

Enjoy your stay, and we look forward to learning with you.
It's up to you now.
T. Finkas
Archive Member

Post by T. Finkas »

sans-pareil wrote:...As far as I am concerned even swordseller31 has a good side to him, as I hadn't seen this forum before, and if it wasn't for him I might never have got here, ...

Welcome! I first came to Armour Archive under similar circumstances---trying to deal with an armourer I thought was trying to cheat me (turned out he was just abominable at customer service). Nevertheless, I discovered this wonderful collection of loonies and have been here ever since.

This forum continues to provide a great resource to folks buying swords, armour and such. Like Santa, we KNOW who's been naughty and who's been nice!

Happy Holidays,
Tim
Anjouleme
Archive Member

Post by Anjouleme »

Hmmmm looks like some maneuvering is happening. He's changed his ebay ID (on the swordseller31 account) to "kenseer01".
Cassandra Peverell
Harpy Huscarl of Calontir
Stacy Elliott
Archive Member

Post by Stacy Elliott »

I love it....

He has a stink on him so bad that he cannot even use Tomato Juice to get the AA off his scent...

Giles
Sigeric
Archive Member

Post by Sigeric »

I noticed that Sweetturk replied to his negative feedback... good for her.
Trystan von Adler
Archive Member

Post by Trystan von Adler »

Holy Cow!!! I just read the whole post and you all kill me!! I just got up off the floor at work from the creep's exploits. I believe that God will judge those who deserve it and I feel maybe he sent you folks to him for that reason. Let me second the notion to not get on your bad side.

As for this man's/boy's opinions and thoughts, I never felt there could be anyone left so stupid. Hence I am surprised. I also agree with the idea for follow up. This individual has broken the law and there is plenty of documentation here.

I want to see him burn for his crimes. Secondly, someone needs to invite him to a local practice to see what the SCA is, and what heavy combat is. :twisted: :x