Vibram Soled 14th Century and Viking Shoes In Stock

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Vibram Soled 14th Century and Viking Shoes In Stock

Post by VikingLeather »

We just received our order of shoes with the vibram soles. We have the 14th Century shoes in Natural, Dark Brown and Black with vibram soles in the Laced Version. We are stocking the Dark Brown and Black with nice period buckles. We also have the Viking style 2 toggles in stock with Vibram in Natural and Dark Brown with the vibram soles. We are working to get all the shoes on the site.

We are limited in numbers since we bought several different styles this time, so get your order in early. If the pic shows on the site, they are in stock.

We will have the regular soled 14th Century boots in stock in about a week. Same colors as the vibram soled versions.

Thanks
Last edited by VikingLeather on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
madmongo

Post by madmongo »

Frank

Awesome stuff as I have been eyeing your boots for a while. First off do you have any pics of viking boots with the vibram soles?

Secondly do you have any (dont mind on the colour) with soles in a UK size 11 US size 12? If not dont worry I can wait a little bit, but any idea of price?
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Viking Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks. Yep, we have the vibram soled Viking 2 toggle shoes in Natural and Dark Brown with the vibram soles. You can dye them up to your own color choice if you want. I will put the pics on either tonight or in the morning.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

Madmongo,

Here are the links to the Size 12 Viking shoes with Vibram Soles

http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/cata ... cts_id=235

http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/cata ... cts_id=215

Give me a shout if you decide on a pair, i will try to help with the shipping a bit.

Frank
Rodney
Archive Member

Re: Vibram Soled Shoes In Stock

Post by Rodney »

VikingLeather wrote:We will have the regular soled 14th Century boots in stock in about a week. Same colors as the vibram soled versions.
Awesome news, I can't wait! :D
-Rodney
Mercenary Company Nevermore, Nordskogen

“I have been known to drink cheap beer (and sake), only because I refuse to drink cheap scotch... And well ya gotta cut corners somewheres.” - Drogo Bryce
GunnarUlfson
Archive Member

Post by GunnarUlfson »

Just ordered a pair of the laced 14th C boots with V sole in black. YAY!
aidanhroarsson
Archive Member

Post by aidanhroarsson »

How are the sizes for wide feet? Are they a special order? I ordered a pair of Jorvik boots from Bohemond. Good quality, but too narrow for my foot...
HL Auðun Hroarsson
At Wulfe Armory

The Truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off!
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Wide Feet

Post by VikingLeather »

The nailed type 14C and Viking boots will accomodate a single E width fine. On the wider feet, I am having Westland fab up a wider shoe for an Archiver. Once I have them in hand and have his feedback, we can proceed with the orders. And, yes they would have to be special order, but I am ordering fairly regularly.

Frank
madmongo

Post by madmongo »

Frank

I would like a natural colour pair please, would a US size 12 fit a UK size 11 ok?

David T
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

I sent you a PM on the shoes madmongo. Thanks

Frank
aidanhroarsson
Archive Member

Re: Wide Feet

Post by aidanhroarsson »

VikingLeather wrote:The nailed type 14C and Viking boots will accomodate a single E width fine. On the wider feet, I am having Westland fab up a wider shoe for an Archiver. Once I have them in hand and have his feedback, we can proceed with the orders. And, yes they would have to be special order, but I am ordering fairly regularly.

Frank
Since they would be a special order, what are required i.e. a trace of my foot? Or are you going by the standard wide shoe size? What would be the price for your Jorvik two toggle in a 11W?
HL Auðun Hroarsson
At Wulfe Armory

The Truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off!
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

If you just wear an 11W, you should try these I have in stock. I wear a 13W and the 13s fit me fine. That is unless you are thinking of installing an insole or something.

As for price, I don't think there will be an upcharge, I will have to see what he charges me.

PM me and let's see if you want to try a pair of the regulars I have. The shoes I have on order are EEE sized.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

Bump
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thanks

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks for the orders folks. We still have hundreds of pairs of shoes in stock. Don't wait too long if you have been on the fence about making a purchase. Christmas is almost here.

We will have another shipment sometime around the first of next week with new 14th Century boots and other goodies to try out.

Thinking about carrying the Arming Coats and Viking Tunics. Any interest?

Frank
Swete
Archive Member

Post by Swete »

I messaged you a while back but I would like to state my query again here: can those of us who ordered shoes order standalone vibram soles for ours so that we can attach them?
Squire to Sir Grimbaldus Bacon
Nihtgenga Fusleoð: Ærest æt acwallen, ærest æt gecringan!
Rodney
Archive Member

Post by Rodney »

The shoes arrived today! :D

The ladies in my office are very excited about my new men’s pointy shoes. The 14th century buckled shoes with vibram soles are exactly as advertised and a heck of a bargain in my mind.

The order was finalized on the weekend, shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. That’s lightening speed folks. Communication with Frank via PM and email was prompt, courteous and helpful.

Using the rating scale common to AA:
Communication: 5, Excellent through multiple media.
Shipping: 5, USPS, Great speed and no damage in transit.
Construction: 4.95, One tiny area (approx. 1cm) of the sole was not stained black where it joins with the upper. I fixed it with a sharpie marker in 10 seconds.
Price: 5, Very good value for the dollar.

I will recommend Viking Leathercrafts to everyone I know.
-Rodney
Mercenary Company Nevermore, Nordskogen

“I have been known to drink cheap beer (and sake), only because I refuse to drink cheap scotch... And well ya gotta cut corners somewheres.” - Drogo Bryce
SifuJason

Post by SifuJason »

I just got mine in today as well, and I couldn't be happier. Fast delivery, they look great, are comfortable, and fit well.

A+!
madmongo

Post by madmongo »

Im just counting the quarters and il be placing my order by Friday.
GunnarUlfson
Archive Member

Post by GunnarUlfson »

GunnarUlfson wrote:Just ordered a pair of the laced 14th C boots with V sole in black. YAY!
Got the shoes! Very fast shipping, (should have posted this 2 days ago!) and as usual exactly what was advertised and ordered!
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Feedback

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks for the feedback folks I really appreciate it. We try to run our business like any business should be run. Friendly, Courteous, Timely, and Communication, Communication, Communication.

We hope to only become better and better. Thank you for the feedback both good and bad.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Orders

Post by VikingLeather »

All orders entered this past weekend, Thanksgiving through Sunday will be shipped out tomorrow. Couldn't get to the post office with all the festivities for all of the orders. We are still stocked heavily with shoes and expect our next order of 14th Century Laced and Buckled regular soled shoes any day.

Thanks

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Bump

Post by VikingLeather »

Bump
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

Holy impulse buy batman! From reading the link to checkout in under five minutes :)
SCA: Urban Von Wolfskehlen
AKA Folcric
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thank you Folcric

Post by VikingLeather »

That's what I said!! Thanks for the order, they will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Still plenty of stock for most of the sizes, restocking on the one's we are out of in a week or so.

The other box of regular soled shoes is headed this way.

Frank
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

Great! Can't wait to try them out. I used to fight in those museum replica's knee high moccasin boots, with just a flimsy thin sole, in retrospect I'm amazed I never injured myself with those. It will be be nice to look the part and have good support.
AKA Folcric
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Exactly

Post by VikingLeather »

And that is why I am offering them at lower rates. One thing I never had was period shoes in the SCA. I am trying to make the more accessable for everyone that wants them.

Frank
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

My shoes were waiting at the door when I got home from work today. Excellent build quality, the vibram soles are bitchin', very comfy to wear, and walk around in. Great price and prompt delivery. I give a 5/5 on the Frieman scale.
AKA Folcric
Aldwyn of Lancashire
Archive Member

Post by Aldwyn of Lancashire »

I received my 14th C. laced shoes w/ Vibram soles in late Nov., and they are great. Nice and comfy, well made.

I've bought stuff from Frank in the past (belts, leather for projects) and have found Frank to be great in communication and helpful in ordering. 5 Stars.
Brother Aldwyn
Priory of St. Colin

Vi et Virtute
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thanks Fellows

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks for the positive comments guys. It was a pleasure

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thanks

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks again
Baron Alcyoneus
Archive Member

Post by Baron Alcyoneus »

Paid for my shoes on Sunday, and they were waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. (Thursday)

I have pretty high arches, but I put some orthopedic insoles(3/4 length) inside anyway before putting my stocking feet inside. There was room. 11.5EE feet in size 12 shoe works fine (14thC buckled shoe).

They are pretty comfy, and I'm wearing them for the 1.5hrs before I go to bed (got off work after 9, and back at 5am).
Vypadni z mého trávník!

Does loyalty trump truth?

"If they hurt you, hurt them back. If they kill you, walk it off."- Captain America
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Great

Post by VikingLeather »

Great! How about the length, is there too much in the toes or at the heel? Glad you like them.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

Bump
tvetree
Archive Member

Post by tvetree »

14th Century shoes

I wear a size 9 1/2 in most shoes.Should I go up or down for the nearest whole size?

better yet did I just miss the 1/2 sizes?
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoe Sizes

Post by VikingLeather »

We are only stocking the shoes in whole sizes. If you wear a solid 9 1/2, go with the 10. Especially if you are going to install an insole, it will make them nice and comfy.

If you need extra support or are going to fight in them, go with the vibram option. If not, the nailed soles are very nice as well.

Thanks

Frank