Tournament of the Lily Pictures

An area for discussing methods for achieving or approximating a more authentic re-creation, for armour, soft kit, equipment, ...

Moderator: Glen K

Charlotte J
Girl Genius

Tournament of the Lily Pictures

Post by Charlotte J »

Hey mods, if this belongs in OT better, please move it.

This weekend, the Barony of Ponte Alto in the Kingdom of Atlantia, held the The Tournament of the Lily, a 15th c. themed Pas d'Armes. I think this event was one of the highest concentrations of well-dressed, common period attendees.

This was achieved in part by several Ponte Alto artisans (including the Baron and Baroness, our own James B and azpapilion) hosting clothing and hatmaking workshops in the weeks leading up to the event. Great feats of millinery were achieved!

After the tournament, a scrumptious feast was served, and Jeff J ran the service to the high table, in the style from the Boke of Keryunge. We've done this at LH events, but having a hall full of people, and a high table full of upper class ladies and gentlemen wearing fancy hats was quite a bit of fun.

As was usual, I didn't take out my camera nearly as much as I'd intended, but I have a few good shots. You can all throw tomatoes at me, since I didn't actually get any pictures of Tasha K in her fabulous new gown and hat. :oops: I also have no pictures of the fighters or the combatants. But at very least, I'll post what I have and beg others who were there to post theirs!

My old fur-lined V-neck gown plus my new hat and hood:

(This was the hood I was looking at replicating.)

Henry and Edward and I:

Some of the assembled ladies. This picture was taken late in the day, after a lot of people left. This is probably only half of the women dressed in 1470s style dresses with fancy hats.

Henry dressed for the event:

Please post your pictures!
Do you not know that in the service... one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Charlotte J
Girl Genius

Post by Charlotte J »

More pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wmorgenste ... 682989973/

A lot of fighting pics, and pics of the procession.
Do you not know that in the service... one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Tailoress
+1

Post by Tailoress »

The event was lovely and totally worth the trip down. I had a great time. I got a few pictures of the Pas action, and a few of Mathilde and also myself.

Left to right on side closest to camera: Sir Guillaume Tomas le lou (William Thomas), Sir Bryce de Byram (BdeB), Sir Corbet de la Flamme, Master Kevin of Thornbury, and Duke Cuan MacDaige.

Sir Corby and Master Galleron fighting with spears and shields

Maistresse Mathilde Bourette (Charlotte J)

Maitresse Muriel de Chimay doing 1470s Florentine

Maitresse Marcele de Montsegur (moi)

I am posting more pics of my outfit on my dress diary thread shortly. :)
Last edited by Tailoress on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bertana

Post by Bertana »

Oh my goodness, Tasha. You look amazing! Everything came together beautifully. (Can't wait to see the outfit in person at Yule!)

It looks like there was no shortage of inspiration at this event-- you, Charlotte and many of the ladies in these pictures look like you could have stepped out of portraits.
Syrfinn
Archive Member

Post by Syrfinn »

Photos and event looks excellent.

One of the things I miss from Atlantia, is all the good 1400 kits and events. :)
Finn O'Shannon KSCA
AEthelmearc
"In each of us are Two Wolves. One Good, One Evil. Which one do you feed most?"
Donal Mac Ruiseart
Archive Member
Location: North Frontier, Barony of Marinus, Kingdom of Atlantia (Norfolk, Virginia USA)

Post by Donal Mac Ruiseart »

Magnificent.

My heart ached to be there.

The weather, however, did not permit it. A late storm buffeted my home area and plunged us all into darkness, and stalled our final preparations for the event. Even if we could have completed the constructions, or abandoned them and attended in simpler wise, we could not in good conscience leave our younger son in a house without power, nor could we leave the house untended. And so, with an aching heart, I told Master Kevin that we would be unable to attend.

I am glad that the Tourney went as well as it did, and I hope that it will not be too long ere another like tourney be held.
Donal Mac Ruiseart O. Pel
Squire to Viscount Tojenareum Grenville (TJ)

Be without fear in the face of thine enemies
Stand brave and upright that the Lord may love thee
Speak the truth always even if it means thy death
Protect the helpless and do no wrong
Charlotte J
Girl Genius

Post by Charlotte J »

Er, I'm not sure if these facebook albums can be shared with people not on her contact list, I do know that you have to be logged in:

http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid ... 1122415161

Rapier happened too:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 248&page=1

Another FB album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 118&ref=nf
Guenievre
Archive Member

Post by Guenievre »

That last FB album is mine; if you don't have FB the pics are also at this flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11935247@N ... 693269867/
zachos
Archive Member

Post by zachos »

Master Galleron is my favourite SCA person ever. Of all time.
Tancred de Lanvellec
Archive Member

Post by Tancred de Lanvellec »

OH MAN I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!! :cry:
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Post by Cian of Storvik »

Does anyone have the list of venans (challengers)? By atleast one account, Sir Christian was dealing out some punishment on the venan side.

I recognize all of the tenans except master Kevin and Sir Bryce in the white surcoat.
-Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
Fire Stryker
Archive Member

Post by Fire Stryker »

Tasha, the dress and hennin came out beautifully.