world Historical Medieval Battles Major League

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Natalia_UA

world Historical Medieval Battles Major League

Post by Natalia_UA »

Dear colleagues-reenactors!
We are glad to inform you that on the basis of the project “Battle of the Nationsâ€
Duncan
Archive Member

Post by Duncan »

Nice video! Several people have posted videos of your organization on this site and many of us have wondered about your rules and combat conventions.

Looks very interesting.
True honor societies create extreme social pressure to be courteous, because personal redress to insult could result in having one's head carried away in a sack.~Vitus
Natalia_UA

Post by Natalia_UA »

Oh, really? Somebody has outpaced me? :)
We've worked out strict rules and regulations, they're posted on out site in the chapter Info for participants, but they're still only in Russian. I'm going to translate them some day.
Jonathan Baird
Archive Member

Post by Jonathan Baird »

Please do translate them I have been interested in what the rules for your combat are for some time.
This is my sword. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sword is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sword, without me, is useless. Without my sword, I am useless.
Ottawa Swordplay
Archive Member

Post by Ottawa Swordplay »

Google can do a mostly readable translation automatically, which I was just reading (at least for the five on five fights). It does appear, as many figured from the videos, that the main mechanic for defeating someone is to knock them down.

It certainly seems to have been an impressive event!
Ottawa Swordplay
Archive Member

1. GENERAL
1.1. 5 on 5 battles take place without weight categories.
1.2. In the panel of judges composed of the Chief Justice (1), line judge (8), Field Judge (1), timekeeper, secretary. In case of disagreement, the chief judge is critical right to vote.
1.3. Battles take place on the basis of the group stage. If the number of teams in the tournament more than seven, during the draw forming the group. In the case of an odd number of teams in the draw apply an additional "zero" number, meaning the rest of team in this round fights.
1.4. Tiltyard: platform of 17 x 40 meters with a rigid enclosure, height of 1 m around the arena at a distance of 1.5 meters, is the safety zone, which may be present only to team members called into battle, their representatives, judges and tournament doctor.
1.5. Allowed any weapons of historical analogies and admitted the historical-technical Commission.

2. Team
2.1. Each team participating in the competition shall submit a list of five men and three spare a day.
2.2. Every team in the day has the right to use the replacement of only one soldier, previously chosen team captain.
You can use
2.3. The men, who is injured, automatically prohibited from participating in any battles of the day.
Availability of spare fighters required.
List of the 5 fighters basic composition and one alternate shall be submitted not later than 1.5 hours before the tournament.
2.4. The team may be allowed to participate in the event of no less than four capable of conducting combat fighters.
In the case of at least four fighters command is not allowed to fight.
2.5. A soldier must be equipped in accordance with the rules of safety and historical analogies protective and offensive weapons. Warrior allowed to have no more than two weapons. At the time of the change of weapons soldier has no right to make attacking actions.
2.6. The team may be representative of the governing relations team with the judges. The representative may be part-fighter.
2.7. To participate in the fighting allowed only men national team, under 18 years of age and have passed technical and historical commission before the fighting.

3. PROCEDURE bouts
3.1. The battle lasts for up to 2 victories. Teams converge from 2 to 3 rounds, revealing in each round winner. Each round is 3 minutes, or until the fall of all the men of one of the teams.
3.2. By the fall of equals:
- At the touch of the earth body, the fifth point, or three limbs
- Continued attack actions in a battle without weapons.
- Going beyond the stadium, in the event of hard fencing arena.
- Breakage or loss of protection of the head (any part), protection of the neck, as well as significant parts of the armor, without which it is possible injury. In this case, the soldier must immediately leave the battlefield.
3.3. In case of loss of weapons a soldier has the right:
- Use of available spare weapons
- To take up arms with the arena,
- Take spare weapons only on their reserve team, located in designated locations.
3.4. Considered to be the winning team, which after the specified time, the largest number of soldiers will remain on his feet.
3.5. If by the end of the specified time, the teams remain equal number of men, the extra time or reappointed round.

4. To receive
4.1. Allowed:
- Any strikes warhead weapons, fist or a shield in all directions,
except for deliberate blows to the groin, foot, back of the neck, as well as the vertical strokes in the spine and blow a knee.
- Suppressing the attacking hand with combat trajectory and strikes against the enemy has lost the balance until it is falling.
- Allowed pushing and kicking, head, shoulder and body.
- Bumps and knocks the shield: a shield hooks, hands and arms of the enemy and pommel shield of arms;
- Overlay plane shield, hooks, clamps, stands at the edge of the shield military arm.
- Use the free hand in the attack: attacks, boosting, reliance on the forearm and wrist. The fighter can beat a free hand, just in case the second hand he is arms.
- Stop and repulsion of the enemy's hand in the case of excessive reducing the distance and clinch;
- Impact on attacking the enemy's arm with his free hand without carpal capture.
- Attack on the enemy lost weapons
5. PROHIBITED METHODS
- Grips and wrinkles;
- Hooks helmet opponent.
- The deliberate withdrawal from the enemy of security features
- The seizure of the neck from behind
- Deliberate injury;
- Injections;
- Banned strikes in unsecured (for whatever reason) of body armor;
- Hitting a shield or weapon in the groin, foot, neck, back, under the knee;
- Prohibited thoughtless and uncontrolled strikes weapons (if a fighter is traumatic, it is removed from the fighting to restore the injured soldier);
- An attack on a man whose broken individual elements of equipment (protection of the head, neck), or in any other situation, if an attacker can lead to injury.
- No finishing moves lying opponent.
- Is prohibited in the clinch more than 7-seconds. (If you clinch more than 7 seconds and a linear or a field judge may dissolve the two fighters are in the clinch by the local teams' clinching stop! "And hang a yellow flag on the magisterial baton between helmet rivals. After that, the fighters must immediately stop the fight, quickly make three step from each other and after raising the flag of the judiciary in a vertical position to continue the battle).
- Prohibited any action attacking without weapons in their hands.

6. PUNITIVE
6.1. Note - the sanction imposed on the soldier for a minor breach of the rules, intended to draw the attention of a soldier on his actions. The record is not recorded.
6.2. Warning - sanction imposed on the soldier for violating the rules, recorded in the minutes of the competition and affect the rating of the team and a fighter.
6.2.1. Warning imposed for:
- Violations for all items in the case of the soldier did not result in injury to the opponent;
- Passive warfare.
6.3. Disqualification - sanctions imposed on a soldier for gross or periodic violation of the rules recorded in the minutes of the competition, implying his removal from the tournament.
6.3.1. Disqualification of a soldier awarded if
- Fighter received three warnings for the day;
- Soldier injured opponent foul blow or technique.
- Fighter enters into a dispute with the judges and contest their decision, insult and can be disrespectful to the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.
6.3.2. Disqualification of the team is awarded if
- The team has received more than three warnings during the day;
- The team won five or more warnings for the tournament;
- The team in less than four members;
- The team members enter into a dispute with the judges and contest their decision, insult and disrespectful to allow the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.

7. IMPOSITION OF PROTEST
7.1. In case of disagreement with the decision of the judges, a representative of the team may make a protest.
7.2. The applicant shall, not later than 5 minutes after the end of the battle to come to the form of protest to the secretariat, where oral notice of the decision to file a protest. In writing, the complaint must be filed no later than 15 minutes after the battle.
7.3. The appeal shall consider and decide the supreme appellate marshal, by analyzing the video duplication and poll judges.
7.4. In the case of a positive consideration of the protest appointed pereboevka. The decision of the Marshal is not appealable.
7.5. Consideration of protest occurs within 12 hours of submission.
Duke Icefalcon
Archive Member

Post by Duke Icefalcon »

Hmmm. Now for the creation of our "Dream Team".....
Duke Andreas Eisfalke -
Kingdom of the East

Captain - Team USA - Armored Combat League

http://www.icefalcon.com

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body..."
mrks
Archive Member

Post by mrks »

reminds me of the ultimate medieval fighting venue that didn't work out a while ago.

I was going to armour aveloc in titanium. looks like good armour is a big part of it. either that or the guys wearing brig arent getting hit full power?
sirmrks
mostly retired but still producing as a hobby.
am tired of making Titanium and 301 SS finger gauntlets
but still offer DIY shaped 301SS fingertip kits for $60 shipped.
usually can ship next day.
Natalia_UA

Post by Natalia_UA »

the ultimate medieval fighting venue that didn't work out a while ago.
Yeah, the difference in Western fighting style and Eastern one do really take place, but won't you be interested in upgrading your fighting skills, coming to the next level of reenacting and at last feel the taste of victory in the new world elite sport?
looks like good armour is a big part of it
the guys do have good armour which protects them like the medieval analogues did.
David de Clermont
Archive Member

Post by David de Clermont »

I'd really like to see the armour underneath the tabards/surcoats/etc. This obviously is serious business. Can you provide any links to groups that participate in the "Battle of Nations" to give us more information? I'd love to visit the Ukraine, but I'm afraid I'd be too distracted by the pretty women. :)
David de Clermont
Squire to Ivar Rhidri Eithr Drenger
Haus Kriegsturm
Barony of Sternfeld
Middle Kingdom
mordreth wrote:Normans, and birds of prey just know they're cool
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

Post by Mike Garrett (Orc) »

Looks great fun...any other Brits around? 8)
Luther Anshelm
Archive Member

Post by Luther Anshelm »

Wow, they are competing and having fun, with no bar grills or plastic in sight. How can that be?
Luther Anshelm, KSCA, OL
Anshelm Arms

I've decided to start giving a crap. Who wants the first one?
Tom B.
Archive Member

Post by Tom B. »

Leo Medii
Archive Member

Post by Leo Medii »

I wish this was here.

That is all.
Lion of Irnham - Martial undertaking should never be a lowest common denominator endeavor.
Klaus the Red
Archive Member

Post by Klaus the Red »

The only obstacle I see is that a "Team USA" in appropriate livery would be blatantly anachronistic in this context... seeing as our nation post-dates the latest period being played here by three centuries. We could, of course, go the SCA route, and enter as a "great company" with each member doing a portrayal based on their own European ancestry.
Natalia_UA

Post by Natalia_UA »

I'd love to visit the Ukraine, but I'm afraid I'd be too distracted by the pretty women

Oh, I'm flattered! We'll try not to distract you much :D
Can you provide any links to groups
Unfortunately, not all of them (actually, very few) have their own web-pages. What I can suggest you is to take a look at http://vkontakte.ru/photos.php?&gid=13882283 - our group Ã
Jonny Deuteronomy
Archive Member

Post by Jonny Deuteronomy »

Leo Medii wrote:I wish this was here.
this
It's all just goobdooberous fripdippery now.
Josh W
Archive Member

Post by Josh W »

Leo Medii wrote:I wish this was here.

That is all.
Likewise.
"When a land rejects her legends, Sees but falsehoods in the past;
And its people view their Sires in the light of fools and liars,
'Tis a sign of its decline and its glories cannot last."
Peikko
Archive Member
Location: Formerly the sunny bit of England...Now returned to Malagentia, EK.

Post by Peikko »

Luther Anshelm wrote:Wow, they are competing and having fun, with no bar grills or plastic in sight. How can that be?
Impossible :roll:
"trust me, I'm an archaeologist..."
The Iron Door Collective
http://www.swordfightexeter.org/
Peikko
Archive Member

Post by Peikko »

Mike Garrett (Orc) wrote:Looks great fun...any other Brits around? 8)
I wish I could.
The Iron Door Collective
Peikko
Archive Member

Post by Peikko »

Duncan wrote:Nice video! Several people have posted videos of your organization on this site and many of us have wondered about your rules and combat conventions.

Looks very interesting.
What, like this: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... ht=russian

and this: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =yfp-t-887

sheesh :roll:
The Iron Door Collective
Andre de Montsegur

Post by Andre de Montsegur »

Your marshals seem to be pretty good.

I saw a lot of striking with the shield and handaxe against the back of the neck in the the 5 man team fight (at about 1:16). Something which is expressly forbidden in your rules and the offender was immediately picked out by a marshal.

What would be the consequences for the man breaking the rules?

- Andre
Western Leathercraft
Leathercraft Classes and Medieval Markets
http://www.westernleathercraft.com.au
Armand d'Alsace
Archive Member

Post by Armand d'Alsace »

I wanna!
Respectfully, Armand

(formerly Arngrim)
Peppovitch
Archive Member

Post by Peppovitch »

I noticed a lot of people with no protection around the face (kettle helms.) How do these guys not get brutally injured by those weapons? the axes and halberds seems vicious :twisted:.

I would like to know more about the weapon and armor regulations in this sport. anyone have some info on it?
Armand d'Alsace
Archive Member

Post by Armand d'Alsace »

I have been looking at the rules and regulations, but google translator is... not as refined as one could hope for.

Do you perhaps have someone fluent in english that could make a true translation? It would increase the probability of getting people to attend.

Thanks!
Respectfully, Armand

(formerly Arngrim)
Galvyn Lockhart
Archive Member

Post by Galvyn Lockhart »

JohannM wrote:
Luther Anshelm wrote:Wow, they are competing and having fun, with no bar grills or plastic in sight. How can that be?
Impossible :roll:
In case you missed it, first video 0:38.

Otherwise, nary a bar grill in sight. :wink:
Galvyn Lockhart
KSCA / KMSR
MKA - John Mertz
----------------------------------------------------
... like a monster crossing the Hudson River.
arg
Archive Member

Post by arg »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdCDg41o0Q,

sweet.

axe to the back at 1:22
full contact at 1:38
weapon in the face at 1:40

what we need to know are the weapons composition rules, armour standards,combat conventions and (as posted above) who is making up the dream team...

NA representation by 2011?

(and this thread should likely be displaced out of the classifieds...)
Galfrid atte grene
Archive Member

Post by Galfrid atte grene »

I'd also be interested in an English translation of the rules. The automatic machine-translation is ok to get a general idea, but I'm sure it isn't really a great translation. Think of all the subtlety in the SCA rules that would be lost if they were translated to another language by an automated system.
Ottawa Swordplay
Archive Member

arg wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdCDg41o0Q,

sweet.

axe to the back at 1:22
full contact at 1:38
weapon in the face at 1:40
At 39 seconds there is a man holding a shield that looks like M.Suprovich's Wild Armoury crest.
Natalia_UA

Post by Natalia_UA »

What would be the consequences for the man breaking the rules?
A yellow card, then a red one.
I noticed a lot of people with no protection around the face (kettle helms.) How do these guys not get brutally injured by those weapons?
The strokes in an unprotected face are prohibited. The combatants who prefer kettle helms gain a good vision, but instead they get the restrictive factor of their own fear to get the stoke in an open face accidentally.
I would like to know more about the weapon and armor regulations in this sport. anyone have some info on it?
The armor protects the same way as their medieval equivalents did, often even better as long as it’s made of more modern steel. Any weapon’s percussive edge is about 3-4 mm thick and the radius of protruding sharp parts is not less than 15 mm.
what we need to know are the weapons composition rules, armour standards,combat conventions and (as posted above) who is making up the dream team...

NA representation by 2011?
The armor is made on the basis of historically truthful analogues, the weapon has about 3-4 mm thick percussive edge and weight which is limited depending on the type of arms (see Rules and Regulations, all the info concerning this is being translated into English, and will be posted soon).
The info about the next Battle of the Nations will be posted on our site (as well as on your forum) within next few months.
The American guys from Schola Saint George have already started forming National Team and preparing for Battle of the Nations.
Brandr
Archive Member

Post by Brandr »

Natalia is correct we have. Interested parties can view or even join in the discussion on the forum page at http://www.scholasaintgeorge.org. All discussion on this we have intentionally placed in the Open forums.

Come join the Amerian Team for Battle of the Nations!

Over there my handle is JWillis and my name is Jason.

We look forward to your joining!

Jason SCAka Brandr
Brandr
-------------
freiman the minstrel wrote:It's easy to be average. That's why so many people are achieving it.
Torg from Sluggy Freelance wrote:I'm taking an internet college correspondence course in kick@$$.