Vibram Soled 14th Century and Viking Shoes In Stock

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Rodney
Archive Member

Post by Rodney »

The shoes arrived today! :D

The ladies in my office are very excited about my new men’s pointy shoes. The 14th century buckled shoes with vibram soles are exactly as advertised and a heck of a bargain in my mind.

The order was finalized on the weekend, shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. That’s lightening speed folks. Communication with Frank via PM and email was prompt, courteous and helpful.

Using the rating scale common to AA:
Communication: 5, Excellent through multiple media.
Shipping: 5, USPS, Great speed and no damage in transit.
Construction: 4.95, One tiny area (approx. 1cm) of the sole was not stained black where it joins with the upper. I fixed it with a sharpie marker in 10 seconds.
Price: 5, Very good value for the dollar.

I will recommend Viking Leathercrafts to everyone I know.
-Rodney
Mercenary Company Nevermore, Nordskogen

“I have been known to drink cheap beer (and sake), only because I refuse to drink cheap scotch... And well ya gotta cut corners somewheres.” - Drogo Bryce
SifuJason

Post by SifuJason »

I just got mine in today as well, and I couldn't be happier. Fast delivery, they look great, are comfortable, and fit well.

A+!
madmongo

Post by madmongo »

Im just counting the quarters and il be placing my order by Friday.
GunnarUlfson
Archive Member

Post by GunnarUlfson »

GunnarUlfson wrote:Just ordered a pair of the laced 14th C boots with V sole in black. YAY!
Got the shoes! Very fast shipping, (should have posted this 2 days ago!) and as usual exactly what was advertised and ordered!
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Feedback

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks for the feedback folks I really appreciate it. We try to run our business like any business should be run. Friendly, Courteous, Timely, and Communication, Communication, Communication.

We hope to only become better and better. Thank you for the feedback both good and bad.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Orders

Post by VikingLeather »

All orders entered this past weekend, Thanksgiving through Sunday will be shipped out tomorrow. Couldn't get to the post office with all the festivities for all of the orders. We are still stocked heavily with shoes and expect our next order of 14th Century Laced and Buckled regular soled shoes any day.

Thanks

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Bump

Post by VikingLeather »

Bump
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

Holy impulse buy batman! From reading the link to checkout in under five minutes :)
SCA: Urban Von Wolfskehlen
AKA Folcric
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thank you Folcric

Post by VikingLeather »

That's what I said!! Thanks for the order, they will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Still plenty of stock for most of the sizes, restocking on the one's we are out of in a week or so.

The other box of regular soled shoes is headed this way.

Frank
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

Great! Can't wait to try them out. I used to fight in those museum replica's knee high moccasin boots, with just a flimsy thin sole, in retrospect I'm amazed I never injured myself with those. It will be be nice to look the part and have good support.
AKA Folcric
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Exactly

Post by VikingLeather »

And that is why I am offering them at lower rates. One thing I never had was period shoes in the SCA. I am trying to make the more accessable for everyone that wants them.

Frank
Urban
Archive Member

Post by Urban »

My shoes were waiting at the door when I got home from work today. Excellent build quality, the vibram soles are bitchin', very comfy to wear, and walk around in. Great price and prompt delivery. I give a 5/5 on the Frieman scale.
AKA Folcric
Aldwyn of Lancashire
Archive Member

Post by Aldwyn of Lancashire »

I received my 14th C. laced shoes w/ Vibram soles in late Nov., and they are great. Nice and comfy, well made.

I've bought stuff from Frank in the past (belts, leather for projects) and have found Frank to be great in communication and helpful in ordering. 5 Stars.
Brother Aldwyn
Priory of St. Colin

Vi et Virtute
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thanks Fellows

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks for the positive comments guys. It was a pleasure

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Thanks

Post by VikingLeather »

Thanks again
Baron Alcyoneus
Archive Member

Post by Baron Alcyoneus »

Paid for my shoes on Sunday, and they were waiting for me when I got home from work tonight. (Thursday)

I have pretty high arches, but I put some orthopedic insoles(3/4 length) inside anyway before putting my stocking feet inside. There was room. 11.5EE feet in size 12 shoe works fine (14thC buckled shoe).

They are pretty comfy, and I'm wearing them for the 1.5hrs before I go to bed (got off work after 9, and back at 5am).
Vypadni z mého trávník!

Does loyalty trump truth?

"If they hurt you, hurt them back. If they kill you, walk it off."- Captain America
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Great

Post by VikingLeather »

Great! How about the length, is there too much in the toes or at the heel? Glad you like them.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

Bump
tvetree
Archive Member

Post by tvetree »

14th Century shoes

I wear a size 9 1/2 in most shoes.Should I go up or down for the nearest whole size?

better yet did I just miss the 1/2 sizes?
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoe Sizes

Post by VikingLeather »

We are only stocking the shoes in whole sizes. If you wear a solid 9 1/2, go with the 10. Especially if you are going to install an insole, it will make them nice and comfy.

If you need extra support or are going to fight in them, go with the vibram option. If not, the nailed soles are very nice as well.

Thanks

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

New Shipment

Post by VikingLeather »

New shipment is in the mail, we will have some of the current orders folks are waiting for hopefully for Christmas.

Frank
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Shoes

Post by VikingLeather »

There is still time to make a purchase and have it arrive before Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Frank
tvetree
Archive Member

Re: Shoes

Post by tvetree »

VikingLeather wrote:There is still time to make a purchase and have it arrive before Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Frank
That would be nice timing,just ordered me a set of boots.
VikingLeather
Archive Member

A few days left

Post by VikingLeather »

Only a few more days for shipping for the items to reach you by Christmas. Most sizes and styles in stock.

Frank
Gunthar
Archive Member

Post by Gunthar »

Is there any way to get a price list on stuff?
Yers,

Duke Gunthar
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Price List

Post by VikingLeather »

Sure, we have all our shoes on our website that we are stocking at present here: http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/cata ... p?cPath=42
If you see it, we have it in stock. We are also thinking about taking special orders and adding them in with our regular orders from the site. We are taking special orders as folks ask about them, but are still pondering this one over. I don't want to overextend or overpromise if we can't deliver. I feel better when I have the items in hand, instead of having to rely on someone else and it is a long way across the water.

Westland also has a price list on his site. It is on the front page in the left hand corner. You will have to wait for it to scroll up. Here is the Link:
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dcp3wh53_1cjvgzxf4

I usually add between $10-15 depending on how much the items are for my retail pricing. If it a pair of boots that cost $100, I will add just a little more.
For instance, the Two Toggle Viking Shoes and 14C Ankle boots are $38 if you purchase 5 pair or more direct from Westland, Our price is $49.95. I have to make a little for the time and money invested, plus I am sure we are on THE LIST for sending money overseas with Homeland Security.

The perks are that you get the shoes fast, we ship either that day or the day after depening on when we get the order. We take care of the hassles, if there is a problem, we deal with it. We make it right, by either new shoes or your money back. You don't have to ship shoes back to Pakistan.

Also, if you want to make a large order, we can piggyback it on with ours and you will receive free shipping on the order.

Frank
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Post by Lucian Ro »

Frank are you considering carrying the 14th century knee-high buckled boots?
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Per pale argent and purpure, a dragonfly counterchanged and on a chief sable a dagger reversed argent.

When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph. -Pierre Corneille
Rudolph
Archive Member

Post by Rudolph »

Another satisfied VLC customer. Ordered a pair of black 14th century buckled ankle boots. Quick reply and mailing. Boots seem well built and are comfortable.
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Boots

Post by VikingLeather »

Hi Lucien,

I actually have several style boots in the mail for me to take a look at. I always make a purchase in my size and wear them for a few days to work out the kinks.

I will see how they wear and then decide to stock or not to stock. We are moving toward actually stocking several different designs, but will take custom orders up until that point. It takes awhile to build up sufficient quantities, and of course to build up the sufficient cash flow, :).

Frank
tvetree
Archive Member

Re: Shoes

Post by tvetree »

12/16
tvetree wrote:
VikingLeather wrote:There is still time to make a purchase and have it arrive before Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Frank
That would be nice timing,just ordered me a set of boots.

That was fast, got mine today!Looks great,I'll be wearing them soon. :D
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Re: Boots

Post by Lucian Ro »

VikingLeather wrote:Hi Lucien,

I actually have several style boots in the mail for me to take a look at. I always make a purchase in my size and wear them for a few days to work out the kinks.

I will see how they wear and then decide to stock or not to stock. We are moving toward actually stocking several different designs, but will take custom orders up until that point. It takes awhile to build up sufficient quantities, and of course to build up the sufficient cash flow, :).

Frank
Hmm, what size do you wear, Frank? I mean if we're talking about the same type and you don't want to stock them, but they're still the right size, I'd be interested. :D
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Per pale argent and purpure, a dragonfly counterchanged and on a chief sable a dagger reversed argent.

When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph. -Pierre Corneille
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Size

Post by VikingLeather »

I have a nice size 13 to give good foundation for me. I have in the past offered some of the trial shoes to folks for a discount in trade for feedback for the shoes and boots.

You willing to be a guinea pig, Lucian?

Frank
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Re: Size

Post by Lucian Ro »

VikingLeather wrote:I have a nice size 13 to give good foundation for me. I have in the past offered some of the trial shoes to folks for a discount in trade for feedback for the shoes and boots.

You willing to be a guinea pig, Lucian?

Frank
Aw, damn Frank I totally would be -- IF I wasn't a size 10! =(
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Adric13
Archive Member

Post by Adric13 »

I got some turn shoes they are cool.
http://www.linengarb.com/ - nifty linen clothes!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/linengarb - facebook version if your on FB and wanna get specials
VikingLeather
Archive Member

Guinea Pig

Post by VikingLeather »

We can order them in size 10s too. If you want to try out a pair of the new styles coming out or one of the older ones that I am not stocking yet, we can order a pair in your size and you can give the feedback on them.

Frank