X post DIY Gauntlet kits

This forum is designed to help us spread the knowledge of armouring.
Zweihammer
Archive Member

X post DIY Gauntlet kits

Post by Zweihammer »

I am posting this here as well as I found the first time around, many who do their own metal work don't check the classifieds much. I will post pics soon for those who may not remember what these looked like. I am also looking for feedback if doing a run in 20 ga. 1050 will be worth my time, as I have to do these 15 pair at a time to make this economical.
Thanks, Erick Davidson

Greetings, last year I offered kits for pre-cut, but unformed 18 ga Stainless gauntlets with rivets, washers and instructions. After selling 120 pair the first time, life happened, in the form of a couple of weddings in the immediate family and a demanding work and play schedule. I have continued to sell them locally and saw a great need to offer a smaller size as not everyone is a large man. So I scaled the pattern down so that I could offer another size to rest of the world. I currently have 20 pair each of both medium/large and small/medium, still 40 a pair plus shipping. I am looking to offer them cut out of 20 ga 1050 if the demand warrants it as I now have access to some. If you are interested check them out at www.zweihammer.com ( ignore most of the site, it is a work in progress ). If you need pictures of the smaller set let me know. They are 7/8ths the size of the originals seem to fit most average women and smaller men.
Cheers, Erick Davidson
Zweihammer
Archive Member

Post by Zweihammer »

I have decided to go ahead with cutting out 15 pairs each of my gauntlet kits in both sizes in .030 1050 spring. Those of you with the means to heat treat can form these and temper them assembled. This will offer what I hope is superior strength at 3/5ths the wieght of the 18 ga. S/S I currently offer. If you don't have the means to heat treat them, they won't offer the protection. Here is a picture of the two sizes in stainless I currently have in stock, the 1050 will be identical.
http://hazelton.lbl.gov/~dvryaboy/pics/ ... ropped.jpg
Due to the fact I can't get the same discount on 1050 as I can on 304 S/S, I will have to charge $44 a pair as opposed to $40.
Cheers, Erick Davidson