Stay away from this seller!

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Abaddon
Archive Member

Stay away from this seller!

Post by Abaddon »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2292936594

This guy has some nice stuff evey once in awhile but he's a flake. He seems to think shipping is a reserve. I hope people are looking at the shipping conditions before they bid. I asked him point blank what the high charge was for and he told me that it was his reserve. I am like..."you know they have a reserve function as well as a minimum sale price function?". Shipping costs means shipping costs. You cannot legally charge somone 30 dollars shipping if it only comes to 20 dollars...unless packaging and insurance and such added up to the extra ten. There is some leeway there....but 320.00 bucks? It is misleading because he says the auction has no reserve, but then it does. He is basically trying to trick people into bidding and then slamming them with a high shipping rate. Not cool. I assumed that it was a misprint. I hope he gets someone bidding on the item that lives down the street from him who simply wants to come pick it up. That'd be funny.

This guy is a nut. And he has no respect for his customers.
Look at the Q and A portion of his auction.
His rating says he's new, but he has his own ebay store, and few newbies do. I think he is an idiot who got himself a bad rep, and had to disappear and then resurface with a new name. Does anyone recognize him or know his old ebay name? I'd like to put a spoke through his wheels.

Don't believe me that he is a kook deserving of an ass beating? Write him and ask him about his auction and read his reply.
**ABADDON**
The Adversary

Better to have a worthy adversary than an uncertain friend.
sandman
Archive Member

Post by sandman »

Ah the age old saying of buyer beware. Yeah id have to say he was just doing it to advoid the ebay fees of listing it at that high. Im sure ebay would LOVE to hear about that since they are all about getting their fair share of the loot.
Wolfgaard
Archive Member

Post by Wolfgaard »

"forged in 1724"!?!

I don't remember seeing ANY welds like that on a period weapon...

This guy's on Crack...
Dmitri Vladescu
Wolfgaard Armoury
www.wolfgaardarmoury.com

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind, civilization is unnatural, it is a whim of circumstance, and barbarism must always ultimately triumph."-R. E. Howard
Anjouleme
Archive Member

Post by Anjouleme »

Hi,

There is a forum for which you may report excessive shipping abuse to ebay. The policy which is being violated and the link to report this violation can be found at http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/lis ... pping.html

For whatever its worth, I have already submitted a report about this seller.

In Service. . .
Cassandra Peverell
Harpy Huscarl of Calontir
Thomas Powers
Archive Member

Post by Thomas Powers »

That's not a forge weld in the picture of the guard. Forge welds of pieces like that come down into tight "slits" as they go to the weld not some lumpy mass.

Thomas
Sasuke
Archive Member

Post by Sasuke »

Wow! He relisted it and put the resrve at $320 but kept the shipping at $320 also!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2294266334

Chris
Templar Bob/De Tyre
Archive Member

Post by Templar Bob/De Tyre »

I've reported him to E-Bay as well...$350.00 for shipping? He's out of his M***** F***ing mind!

(T-Bob...chanelling his dad--again!)
<B>Robert L. Coleman, Jr.
Known as Fra Robért de Tyre, Ordo Templum Solomoni</B>
justuspr
Archive Member

Post by justuspr »

This exact sword is in BudK for 60 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... BIN_Stores
What a bastard.
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

We take apart the grip, fill the guard, grip, and pommel with an industrial resin that fills in hollow spaces and bonds the grip together into one piece with the blade.

Betcha it's a $2.00 two part resin from walmart....... people like that give the rest of the folks a bad name.....
What we do in life, echoes in eternity !!!!
Mike F
Archive Member

Post by Mike F »

Not that I'm supposed to tell you this . . . But that blade retails for $50, and has the image stolen from BudK's site. I'll report them to Bud K as well.

Edit: Checked out his store. Almost all Bud K stuff. Want his stuff? Order from me, I'll give you a fair break. ;)
Last edited by Mike F on Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's up to you now.
Abaddon
Archive Member

Post by Abaddon »

Ebay made him relist it. I told him that would happen. Believe me, my first email to him was very cordial but he got all bent out of shape when I suggested, since no one had as yet bid on the item, that he should probably modify his auction so that the reserve was visible and the shipping was actual.
I mean it was an auction just waiting for a bad outcome. I told him that as well. There are a great many people who do not read the shipping details before they bid. And even those who do would probably misread this one or assume it was a misprint. After the auction ended both parties would have wrangled for a few days about the issue and then left bad feedback for each other, and for what? Because he was trying to put one over on people? Assinine.
**ABADDON**
The Adversary

Better to have a worthy adversary than an uncertain friend.
temazur
Archive Member

Post by temazur »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2288366095

<snicker>

I don't usually poke fun at spelling or grammer mistakes, but....geez! Try running it through Word or something!

I wish I, too, could own a nifty main guage. 8) But, alas, someone bought it out from under my nose. :shock:

Tracy
Gerhard von Liebau
Archive Member

Post by Gerhard von Liebau »

Lolololol... What a nutcase:p

What's hilarious is that he puts the questions and replies out in public... This just shows his stupidity, because he lets everyone know the scam, which is the whole point of his silly high shipping cost in the first place!

-Gregory-
Robert P. Norwalt
Archive Member

Post by Robert P. Norwalt »

I too, wrote the man a *nice* letter, as well, chanelling T-Bob's father! :twisted: :D
DAVID01
Archive Member

Thief

Post by DAVID01 »

I also wrote him when I saw how he was treating people asking about S/H this is the out come Have to say I had a little fun with him :twisted: START AT THE BOTTOM ....Subject: Re: Question for item #2292936594 - Battle Ready 280 Year Old Spanish Rapier Sword

Umm, Kid, grow up. First off, Lose is spelled Lose, you wrote loose, like foot lose. This blade is indeed an antique, I suppose you need to tell yourself otherwise to justify not being able to buy it, or your just to be insulting, and now, I only have one. I will be relisting it, and placing the item in my store until then. I mean really, fine, you want to win the biggest ass hole contest, I lose, so be it. For someone who is a troll and trouble maker, I really do not care what you think. Take care Napolean. I mean really, all this trouble just to attack me, you reall need to get a life, I wonder who the real loser is here when it is all said and done, hmm. Feel free to have the last word, I will no longer return your emails, and if you had apologized I would have let you buy it, but since you are just some kid playing on mom and dads computer, that would likly not be possible. Have a nice day, you win, one has to wonder what you think you've won though.

Da! vid <meaddrinker@mcloudteleco.com> wrote:
LOOKS LIKE YOU LOOSE! You realized "WE" were all right about policy and took it off. Now YOUR stuck with your so called sword made in 1724....Yea right! Looks like you have several of those. Pedal your junk somewhere else we don't need more crooks on e-bay. NOW YOU HAVE A NICE DAY!!! P.S.Why "DID" you take it off if you thought you were in the right? Hmmmmmmmmm!

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/13/04 16:18:19
To: David
Subject: Re: Question for item #2292936594 - Battle Ready 280 Year Old Spanish Rapier Sword

Oh no David, it is a compliment, cause I am a wise guy, very wise. NOw, let me ask you something. Why are you looking at my sword. Do you want to buy it, or are you just carousing ebay looking for people to give a hard time. If it is the latter, then I feel sorry for you, if it is the former, why am I going to sell it to you now after you have insulted me, hmm? The listing is not even there anymore, I do not have time for this kind of nonsense. You can now go to my ebay store and pay 320, which is what I was asking, plus a 20 dollar shipping and handling fee. NOw who is the wise guy? Not you if you really wanted to buy it, if you didn't, well then like I said, shouldn't I feel sorry for you if your just trolling ebay looking for trouble. You have a nice day David.

David <meaddrinker@mcloudteleco.com> wrote:

I don't know any of the other people who have complained,BUT if someone else called you a wise guy then it just MAY be you ARE! YOU need to read e-bays policy. You can put a reserve of 320.00 but you can't charge an outrageous Shipping/Handling. The only reason I called you a wise guy is because of the answers you are giving everyone who asks if your shipping is a misprint. That wasn't fair of me to call you that but you need to realize the reason people ask is because this is not only outside of e-bays rules but it is very unusual to see, so maybe you can see their surprise. David

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/13/04 15:52:07
To: meaddrinker@mcloudteleco.com
Subject: Re: Question for item #2292936594 - Battle Ready 280 Year Old Spanish Rapier Sword

Wise Guy? We have never spoken, unless your associated with this fellow, or are that fellow. It is the wise guy that gave you away, don't show personal scron when you are trying to act like you dont know the person. If you dont know me, then you should not be angry at all. This is a great piece, with a great price, and maybe you should check ebay policy. Have a nice day rude fellow :)

meaddrinker@mcloudteleco.com wrote:

Question about your item

Dear swordseller31,

I don't think the guy is an e-bay cop as you put it and neither am I but as he says YOU ARE BREAKING E-BAY POLICY and as he has most likely done I am turning tjis in to e-bay. Wise guy!

Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots.
cblackthorne
Archive Member

Post by cblackthorne »

I think the reason he has the $320 listed as shipping is to avoid paying Ebay for the price of the auction.

Doesnt Ebay set the fee for the auction based on the final sale price? The higher the selling price, the more money Ebay charges you? Shipping is not included in the calculation.

I could be wrong though.
Maeryk
Archive Member

Post by Maeryk »

He's still an idiot.. now he has it 320 buy it now PLUS 320 shipping.. thats 640 bucks! And refunds will only be given as "merchandise credit"? How many "amazing full tang cleighmores" (at 40 per) would that be arriving at your door?

Dude.. I'll go straight to smokey mountain knife works if I want that kind of crap.

Maeryk
Rev. George
Archive Member

Post by Rev. George »

I'll eat 5 bux or so for "handling". I mean after all someone has to pack the damn thing up, BUT No freaking way.

-+G
The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns.

Rev's Rainments
Quality Medieval Clothing at a Fair Price.
Site coming soon~
DAVID01
Archive Member

Post by DAVID01 »

He still has one he thinks no one has caught. There is one person bidding and he is a newbie. I sent him a message to ask if he new about the high shipping and he freaked. I am trying to help him keep from getting bad feedback, he has no idea how to take care of this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

David
Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots.
cblackthorne
Archive Member

Post by cblackthorne »

Meaddrinker,

Be very careful with what you are doing. Ebay will consider this auction interference and can suspend his and your Ebay accounts if the seller files a complaint.

Personally, I think its okay for you to alert this person to the conditions of the sale, but Ebay may not.
Christopher
"Duc, sequere, aut de via decede."
James B.
Archive Member

Post by James B. »

I just used Anjouleme link and sent a report of shipping abuse on him.
James B.
In the SCA: Master James de Biblesworth
Archer in La Belle Compagnie
Historic Life
DAVID01
Archive Member

Post by DAVID01 »

Yea I know, But sometimes you have to just take a chance. If it were not a newbie I provably would not have bothered. The only thing I said was " Do you realize what the S/H is on this Item"
Last edited by DAVID01 on Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigeric
Archive Member

Post by Sigeric »

Here's Ebay's policy on how a bid retraction works and when they can be done.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/question ... t-bid.html
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it illegal to be selling that sword on without also stating that he has the proper documentation for the Ivory handle ???

I ran into this once before when I bought an Indian dagger with an ivory handle from a guy here in the states but it was quite some time ago so I don't remember all the details cuz he did have all the papers and there wasn't a problem......
Anjouleme
Archive Member

Post by Anjouleme »

Wow! I just can't comprehend how a merchant with a complete, unabashed and repeated abuse of the system can continue to be allowed to sell via e-bay. For my part, I plan to continue to report his activity.
Its my hope that through reporting each incident, e-bay will become aware of a trend with this dealer and block him from selling there.
:evil:
Cassandra Peverell
Harpy Huscarl of Calontir
Stacy Elliott
Archive Member

Post by Stacy Elliott »

This is what I got back from him today... Newest listed first, my original listed at the bottom.

-------------

He wrote...

Troll, I have reported you to the local Police authorites in my area for harassment, as well as ebay and yahoo. If you contact me again their will be serious civil and criminal penalties, and I am keeping copies of all of these emails. Good day.
------------------
Elliott Stacy wrote:

Gabriel,

Calm down partner.

I am not trying to win anything. Hell, I am not even bidding or care to bid on the sword.

What I, and others are trying to tell you is that you are being deceitful and are not complying with EBAY rules.

That is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stacy

--------------------------

He Wrote

Ah ha ha ha ha ha, get a life. Even if I do have to relist the item, what have you won, I'll end up charging more for it, and getting it, swordfs like this always sell, so your kinda doing me a favor, you lose, LOL.
----------------------
Stact wrote:

Dear swordseller31,

You have been reported....
Mike F
Archive Member

Post by Mike F »

It'll be fun to see his "Local Authorities" enforce anything in Germany. You over there on a US Army base, or are you living there as a civilian?

Personally, I hate people like that on so many levels. Had a seller on eBay (whom we've ordered about $1000 of stuff from, and his cousin sold us two arcade games, both very new) verbally abuse my boss for asking a question about an unclear auction ("Board Only", but no board, only a CD-ROM.) So he banned her from bidding on his auctions and blocked her e-mail.

To boot, the world has no honor anymore. :(
It's up to you now.
Stacy Elliott
Archive Member

Post by Stacy Elliott »

Mike,

I am in the Army, but live on the German economy.....

As for his local authorities.. I think he told his 87 year old mother whos basement he lives in.

Stacy
Mike Garrett (Orc)
Archive Member

Post by Mike Garrett (Orc) »

Best thing the newbie bidding on it can do if he wins is tell him to go stick up his glory-hole and open a new account. Ebay allows you more than one account as long as they don't interact.
If the stuff this jerk-off, arrogant, lying, swindling, dirt-bag SMEGHEAD is genuine then my sphincter is responsible for global-warming.
Whats his email addy. I want to "harass" him from over the pond - let's see him get the authorities on to ME!!
By the way - HI Dave (meaddrinker)
Mike
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

he he he, gotta love nippleheads....... I asked the question below:

Dear swordseller31,

Could you please answer my question about this sword, if it has the documents for the Ivory

and got this in response:

550 5.1.1 <senvarious@yahoo.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

Did he change his email addy or something ???
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

This is funny:

Dear swordseller31,

You state the handle is Ivory, do you have the documents to accompany this sword if I purchase it ???

What documents, my grandfather killed the elephant it came from, and I am a woodcarver and carved it. I suppose I am about as qualified as any to write up papers of authenticity, cause thats all I can do for you. HOwever if you do not know ivory when you see it then, well I do not know what to say. Anyhow, have a nice day :)
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

I wrote:

I was talking about the documents that are required by the Dept of Fish and Game for the transport and sale of Ivory as required by CITES.

His response:

All I know how to do is carve, and I would have absolutly no idea how one would apply for something like that, I just carved it, I am no expert. Also, ivory is kinda illegal, only older ivory is legal, I'm surprised that ebay did not yank my ad to be honest. Well, have a nice night.
LordWulf
Archive Member

Post by LordWulf »

OMG this dude is cracking me up.......

Yes well officer or not I can not do business with you, for obvious reasons. It never helps to be a know it all and a fraidy cat at the same time, and you have just made me very suspicious of you, if it looks like a cop, and acts like a cop it is a cop. Have a nice night officer, I do not think you are what you claim to be and I would not sell this ivory to you. Good bye.

Wulf <lordwulf@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Nope, not an officer, just someone who has bought swords with Ivory grips before and got burned once or twice for not having the docs to go along with them.

Peace,
Wulf

----- Original Message -----
To: Wulf
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: Question for item #2291754347 - Turkish Saber, Ivory Grip, Full Tang, Spanish Steel

Sorry wulf, but you are right, I will have to dig that stuff up, it has been so long, a lot of years. Sorry I can not do business with you, good you brought up those concerns, anyhow, have a nice night officer ;)
Templar Bob/De Tyre
Archive Member

Post by Templar Bob/De Tyre »

meaddrinker wrote:He still has one he thinks no one has caught. There is one person bidding and he is a newbie. I sent him a message to ask if he new about the high shipping and he freaked. I am trying to help him keep from getting bad feedback, he has no idea how to take care of this .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

David

Looks like the gentleman did get bad feedback from "Swordseller31". The gentleman (E-Bay name "sweetturks") won the auction for $1.05. The shipping for the item is still at $350.00. Swordseller31's negative feedback concerned the guy backing out of what was in essence a shitty deal.

Who'd blame him for backing out?
<B>Robert L. Coleman, Jr.
Known as Fra Robért de Tyre, Ordo Templum Solomoni</B>
Dave Womble
Archive Member

swordseller

Post by Dave Womble »

I wrote him and told him he's an idiot, and that he's the laughing stock of a good many members of the Armour Archive, and that all of us are onto his scheme and he's been reported by several people to Ebay. I went on and on about his personal character and knowledge of the product he's selling, and on and on about how much of a dumbass he is with his auctions.

I got a 2 line reply saying "Sorry, this e-mail is set up for orders only, if you want to contact me, send your mail thru Ebay (which *IS* how I sent the message) this is an automated message, have a nice day."

How can a person be so incredibly dense and not know when the game is up? He is stunningly stupid.

He does have a few nice pieces of wall hangers though.