Help Who makes this gauntlet

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
tvetree
Archive Member

Help Who makes this gauntlet

Post by tvetree »

Looking for these
Mittens/gauntlets

http://a277.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 34e4ac.jpg

Thanks
Last edited by tvetree on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvetree
Archive Member

Post by tvetree »

Oops the Mittens/gauntlet
Eamonn MacCampbell
Archive Member

Post by Eamonn MacCampbell »

Those are actually from a kit developed by Bowen the Black...Those gaunts were made by Sir Bartholomew Hightower.....Recognising the guy in the Brotherhood tabard was a dead give away for remembering where I have seen these gaunts before....

Bowen sells the plans and templates for(IIRC) $25

Here's his e-mail addy...

bowen_the_black@yahoo.com

And I do not know the gentleman nor am affiliated in anyway with him ..But I really like the look of them for earlier period guys...I think I need to contact Sir Bart and see how they stand up in combat...

Hope this helps...
Atheism...A non-prophet group....
tvetree
Archive Member

Post by tvetree »

Perfect

Thank You.
Morejello
Archive Member

Post by Morejello »

HA! That's Jacob, one of our converts to SCA from Belegarth. He made me a pair of bauzbands in exchange for my copy of the pattern that I got from Bohun.
Yes, those are gauntlets made from Bohun's pattern. They hold up pretty good, especially if you already know how to harden leather. The pattern and instructions that come with it are VERY thorough. Sir Bart has done some modifications to his, so you may want to contact him.
Eamonn MacCampbell
Archive Member

Morejello wrote:HA! That's Jacob, one of our converts to SCA from Belegarth. He made me a pair of bauzbands in exchange for my copy of the pattern that I got from Bohun.
Yes, those are gauntlets made from Bohun's pattern. They hold up pretty good, especially if you already know how to harden leather. The pattern and instructions that come with it are VERY thorough. Sir Bart has done some modifications to his, so you may want to contact him.
Wait a minute, this guy is a convert from a LARP group and you guys make him a Norman....Damn, thats cruel, that is just very cruel...By the way MJ...Were you at Spring crown this last April wearing them stripped socks???

Trying to get a name to a photo I have of someone I was fighting.....And a bit of an apology as well...
losthelm
Archive Member

Post by losthelm »

is there a website for this guy?
might be helpful to get a few more shots of those or perhaps some of the other armour stuff that he has done.
kanulf

Post by kanulf »

i agree with losthelm. more pics of the gaunts would be great. plus i too would like to see what he does in armour. i have been looking for decent hand protection for an early period kit for years (without spend a fortune).
Morejello
Archive Member

Post by Morejello »

Kanulf, Losthelm -
Lord Buhun doesn't make the gauntlets, just a kit with the pattern and directions. The email address that Eamonn gave is the best way to get ahold of him.
There's a picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/khaidu_chinua/3046824762/
Of Lord Bohun (bottom center) that shows coverage on his sword hand (Baron Sir Math the Fish just above him in the photo has a similar pair of gauntlets as well)
The next several pictures in that photostream have his hand in various positions throughout the attack.
This photo with HE Sir Fish shows the gauntlets with a 2-handed axe:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/khaidu_chinua/3021545908/
I'll ask around and see if anyone has a good picture of just the gauntlets.

Eamonn MacCampbell wrote: Wait a minute, this guy is a convert from a LARP group and you guys make him a Norman.
Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that coming from Belegarth that he'd have such good taste, but apparently we got one of their better people.
Eamonn MacCampbell wrote:By the way MJ...Were you at Spring crown this last April wearing them stripped socks???
Last spring crown, nope. Lemme guess... green and black stripey socks, green cote, fighting florentine or with a green and white oval. That'd be HL Roger de Palermo. People get us mixed up all the time, mostly because we appear together frequently. Count Ralph says we're in the running to be couple of the year.
Raven MacLeod
Archive Member

Post by Raven MacLeod »

I'd vote for you!...

*ducks...
--
Raven MacLeod
Knight

En fides abunde virtus, en virtus abunde fides.

If people knew how hard I worked to gain my mastery, it wouldnt seem so wonderful after all. --Michelangelo
Boomlaor
Archive Member

Post by Boomlaor »

Here's a thread in which Sir Bart discusses the plans made by Bohun and documents the process as he makes some and discusses his changes, with lots of photos of the gauntlets in various stages of completion.

http://artemisiamilitaris.org/forums/to ... PIC_ID=621

Enjoy! (I want some of them myself)
Eamonn MacCampbell
Archive Member

Morejello wrote: People get us mixed up all the time, mostly because we appear together frequently. Count Ralph says we're in the running to be couple of the year.
Well....you ARE Normans.... :P :P

*follows Raven out the door...*
David S
Archive Member

Post by David S »

Belegarth's not really a LARP (well, less of a LARP than SCA anyway), but what's so funny about being a Norman? Some of my best friends are Normans :D
Alessandro da Viterbo

Sir Magnus

A limerick: Muse, sing of that wrath Achillean/So much grief did it cause those Achaeans!/Heroes' souls did it it throw/Down to Hades below/While their flesh was by dogs and birds eaten.
Raven MacLeod
Archive Member

Post by Raven MacLeod »

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
--
Raven MacLeod
Knight

En fides abunde virtus, en virtus abunde fides.

If people knew how hard I worked to gain my mastery, it wouldnt seem so wonderful after all. --Michelangelo
Ratslayer
Archive Member

Post by Ratslayer »

David Stifler wrote:Belegarth's not really a LARP (well, less of a LARP than SCA anyway), but what's so funny about being a Norman? Some of my best friends are Normans :D
Nothing wrong with Normans, I think it's more of an inside Artemisian Joke then any real slight on Normans. Actually, our Crown Prince just hired a group of Normans for "security" detail for our King. Should be interesting since Normans tried to "kill" the current King about two years ago.

Kelwin