Looking inconspicuous

Archived for searching: A collaborative effort on developing a persona affordably and accurately.

Moderator: Glen K

Diglach Mac Cein
Archive Member

Re: Looking inconspicuous

Post by Diglach Mac Cein »

Yup. Sure does. And it should.

McCein Leatherworks and Sutlery - Used / refurbished armor, leatherworks, and accessories -

Check out my FB Page -
Thomas MacFinn
Archive Member

Post by Thomas MacFinn »

Just as loaner helmets exist, loaner guarb exists. And just like borrowing loaner helms long past time you should have your own, it should not be abused.
I never stay in one place for three of my opponent's blows. I also never let my opponent throw three unanswered blows. Standing in front of your opponent lets him perfect his pell technique. Most fighters are very good against a pell. - Duke Gyrth
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Thomas MacFinn wrote:Just as loaner helmets exist, loaner guarb exists. And just like borrowing loaner helms long past time you should have your own, it should not be abused.

Quoted for Truth!

Loaner gear of any kind is there to help new people "try" our game, decide if they like it before making an investment.
It is not meant to be a long term loan.

In my shire I initiated a loaner armor program, New fighters can use the loaner armor for one year, as long as they are making good progress or attempt to put together thier own kit. On that year deadline if they still don't have thier own gear, and they have made no credited progress towards attaining thier own gear they can no longer use the lonaer gear until some form of documented prgoress has been made.
(this is all barring extenuating circumstances of course.) If they can get the armor within a year, they get a Shire Tabbard to wear if they wish.

So far we have had 4 new fighters come through this way. Each had thier own armor within a year, usually under that time frame.
Lord Alexander Clarke, Righteous Brother of the Priory of St. Colin the Dude, The Bear of Hadchester, Squire to Sir Cedric of Thanet

~Chivalry unpaired with Valor is a meal to starve a mans soul~