German Knight 1500

Archived for searching: A collaborative effort on developing a persona affordably and accurately.

Moderator: Glen K

GenericUnique
Archive Member

German Knight 1500

Post by GenericUnique »

I wanna be hanging around Nuremburg c.1510 (call it 1490-1525).

I'm interested in portraying a low ranking knight. I've got some fairly specific questions on doublet patterns, shoes by social class, almain rivet and gothic->maximillian transitional armours, and so on - I can find a lot of resources on late 15th century Germany and 1525+ "Sixteenth century", but I'm attracted to this point and place because of the transition between them visible. And Durer.

Should I ask questions in the landsknecht thread (even though I don't want to portray a landsknecht) or can I open a new one?
mkbergstrom

Re: I Wanna Submit a new thread!

Post by mkbergstrom »

I wanna be a Reichsritter in 1490's in County Tyrol in Further Austria, preferably near the border of Grison. I assume I would be following German styles, and not Italian?
"Sword fighting requires heart; if you frighten easily, then you are not to learn to sword fight. The whole art would be lost, because the roar of the impact and the rough strokes make a cowardly heart fearful." -- Master Hans Talhoffer