Crossroads in Time June 19-30 2021!

An area for discussing methods for achieving or approximating a more authentic re-creation, for armour, soft kit, equipment, ...

Moderator: Glen K

Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

Crossroads in Time June 19-30 2021!

Post by Jehan de Pelham »

I have returned from Outremer again, and my compagnons in the Compagnie du Chalis are minded to hold another Crossroads in Time from June 19 to June 30 2021.

I have begun preparations by conducting a detailed site survey of many campsites east of Cedar City, Utah. I have found many meadows and treed campsites suitable for a medieval re-enactment and living history rendez-vous for up to a hundred or more participants. This will be the fourth such event that we will hold, and I am in communication for a medieval ensemble to provide musical accompaniment for up to four days of the event.

There are photographs and event details from the previous three Crossroads in Time in 2007, 2008, and 2014 posted here on the Armour Archive. I will post links to those threads as I find them:

Original Discussion Thread: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... crossroads

2007: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... crossroads and the original event guidelines (still pretty good stuff): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B15SAMY ... 9oVFU/edit

2008: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... crossroads and event report: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/ ... ds+in+time

2014: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=163488&hilit=crossroads+in+time

If you want to spread the word, and be an ally in getting out news of this, then by all means please pass it along. We all hope to see old friends and make new friends.

Best,

John
Jehan de Pelham
Compagnie du Chalis
Last edited by Jehan de Pelham on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He who does not give what he has will not get what he wants.
Klaus the Red
Archive Member

Re: Crossroads in Time June 19-30 2021!

Post by Klaus the Red »

Gods willing the pandemic is under control by then, this wouldn't be the worst way possible for me to celebrate my 53rd birthday. :) Any chance of your wife and kid(s?) coming along? I might be able to sell one or the other of my sons on the idea.
Meister Klaus Rother, O.L., Baron von Schweinichen
Klein und kaputt, aber noch gut.
Klaus the Red
Archive Member

Post by Klaus the Red »

Jehan, I sent you a message on a related topic, please check.
Bo Harris
Archive Member

Post by Bo Harris »

This is most excellent news. I pencilled in my calendar. Hope to hear more before too long :D
Arthur Archer (mka Bo Harris)
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

The Compagniye du Chalis has met and we are committed to holding the event. We have support facilities nearby (one of our members has access to a cabin nearby where stores can be refrigerated).

I have entered into arrangements with Al Colfrin of Istampitta, who says that he and Abby Green and a third player are in agreement that they are willing to come and play for four days during the event.

Bo, have you looked at some of the material and photos?

Klaus, my wife and children are definitely coming! John III is jazzed and so is Elaine. She was at the first one (the little girl with the hood). Please do bring your family.
Scott Martin
Archive Member

Post by Scott Martin »

I probably won't be able to make it, but I may try to send something along :)
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

Between all the events of the world, and the lackluster response, I'm beginning to think this isn't such a great hill to try and push up. I don't know whether I really want to put out the energy, funds, and physical effort to put this together.
Klaus the Red
Archive Member

Post by Klaus the Red »

2022?
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

I haven't decided against 2021 yet. But things have not proceeded well, since the time I conceived of this and now. We live in a time of fiscal uncertainty, pestilence (which may or may not be real depending on your "facts") and doubt. CiT is either a masterful idea or it is sheer madness.
Klaus the Red
Archive Member

Post by Klaus the Red »

I've been making and buying stuff under the assumption that it's next year, but I'd be equally happy to do it with more lead time, for all of the reasons you state. I've been unemployed since May and am staring down the barrel of several months more of the same- it's hard to justify a big vacation under those conditions.
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

He who does not give what he has does not get what he wants.

While things are not well now, either things will be better in June 2021 in which case there will be no impediments to holding CiT or the situation will not be better in which case the need for CiT will be greater.

So, I proceed with the intention to hold Crossroads in Time as originally laid out.
Jehan de Pelham
Archive Member

What I didn't count on was the lingering financial impact of the COVID pandemic. While some of our company are able to make it, others are not. Therefore, regardless of the need to have a relaxing time in the woods, it cannot be done.

Perhaps some other time, if the fates allow.