News of the Couter of Chivalry

An area for discussing methods for achieving or approximating a more authentic re-creation, for armour, soft kit, equipment, ...

Moderator: Glen K

Gregoire de Lyon
Archive Member

News of the Couter of Chivalry

Post by Gregoire de Lyon »

Unto all good gentles of fine cote armour, I bring word of the most noble relic, the Couter of Chivalry.

Now nine days ago, at Their Draconic Majesties' Tournament of Chivalry, did I challenge the most fierce and noble Duke Felix of Ramsay to three blows with the hewn lance.
Before our ladies, Duchess Madeleina DelaMans and Baroness Giovanna Adimari, and Sir Logan and the assembled populace, our deed was done.

In the end with a count of 2 blows landed to 1, by the grace of Saint Michael, I emerged victorious. Duke Felix graciously passed the Couter to my stewardship.

The next opportunity to challenge for Tenancy of the Couter will be at Pennsic. I will announce here, and on appropriuate Facebook pages, details of when, where, and under what conditions the deed will occur.

With love of Chivalry,
Sir Gregoire de Lyon, ninth Tenan of the Couter and current steward of that most holy relic Chivalry.
Gregoire de Lyon

----
"I am going to go out to the shop to taste some leathers. I'll report back later." -- Mac
Gethin
Archive Member

Re: News of the Couter of Chivalry

Post by Gethin »

So...
The requirements of Kith von Atzinger have been satisfied?
All the best,
Rhys
"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali