SCHMITTHENNER ARMORY

For those of us who wish to talk about the many styles and facets of recreating Medieval armed combat.
Ceawlin Alreding
Archive Member

SCHMITTHENNER ARMORY

Post by Ceawlin Alreding »

Anyone have any experience with Schmitthnner Armory?
One of my buddies has an order in with them, and is getting no communication.
This is a full-contact martial sport where twenty-year-old athletes can routinely get thrashed by fifty-year-olds with a gut and no knees
Glaukos the Athenian
Archive Member

Re: SCHMITTHENNER ARMORY

Post by Glaukos the Athenian »

There are several threads about them in the Classifieds forum.

Hope this helps.

Glaukos the Athenian
Glaukos the Athenian
Squire to Sir Guy Lestrange

Benedictus dominus Deus meus, qui docet manus meas ad proelium, et digitos meos ad bellum.
Jess
Archive Member

Post by Jess »

Last thread I saw was Dec of 2010. They seem to respond to public shaming. I'll p.m. you.
Jess
Archive Member

Post by Jess »

Ceawlin Alreding
Archive Member

Thanks. I meant to post this in the classifieds.
I thought the name rang a bell.
Ill let the man-ape know he probably won't get his stuff and watch the fun begin!
Body parts everywhere!

Oh, and much obliged, Jess. :D
This is a full-contact martial sport where twenty-year-old athletes can routinely get thrashed by fifty-year-olds with a gut and no knees
Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

Real nice. Let me know who and what and I'll get them the message. They had a major screwup in emails which resulted in a lot of lost orders. They're trying to sort it out but don't have a presence here to defend themselves. I see them routinely and try to get any messages here to them.
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Bole Weevil wrote:Real nice. Let me know who and what and I'll get them the message. They had a major screwup in emails which resulted in a lot of lost orders. They're trying to sort it out but don't have a presence here to defend themselves. I see them routinely and try to get any messages here to them.
Oh yes they do!
I wrote a bad review of them once.
They were on in less than 24 hours ripping me apart.
Blaming me for every fault of thiers.
Another reason I will NEVER do business with them ever again.
Lord Alexander Clarke, Righteous Brother of the Priory of St. Colin the Dude, The Bear of Hadchester, Squire to Sir Cedric of Thanet

~Chivalry unpaired with Valor is a meal to starve a mans soul~
Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

No they don't. Look it up under members. After reading this thread I can see why they don't anymore. Can't blame them for people who don't or can't read their Policies and FAQ pages.
Oscad
Archive Member

Post by Oscad »

Bole Weevil wrote:No they don't. Look it up under members. After reading this thread I can see why they don't anymore. Can't blame them for people who don't or can't read their Policies and FAQ pages.
Well, you joined just to post in a Schmitt thread, have only 6 posts, and *all* of them are defending them. Sure sounds like they are on this forum...

Considering the number of people that have had the *same* problems with them, perhaps it is more than just not reading a FAQ. Hmmm??
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Bole Weevil wrote:No they don't. Look it up under members. After reading this thread I can see why they don't anymore. Can't blame them for people who don't or can't read their Policies and FAQ pages.
We'll isn't that amazing.
A phrase along the EXACT same line as before.

I followed thier polices. I openly posted all the emails I was sent, and that was sent to me.
I told them exactly when I needed an item, agreed on a price, and sent payment.
And never heard from them again.
I had to fight tooth and nail to get my money back.
And it was pretty publically decided who was in the right and who was in the wrong.

Again, NEVER will I spend money after the way I was treated, and I will actively try to dissuaed ANYONE from sending business thier way.
This is my stance. I know where I am, I know how I was treated, and I know I am in the right. I have had GLOWING reviews from every other person I have ever purchased from. And that is the end of it.
Lord Alexander Clarke, Righteous Brother of the Priory of St. Colin the Dude, The Bear of Hadchester, Squire to Sir Cedric of Thanet

Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

Oscad wrote:
Well, you joined just to post in a Schmitt thread, have only 6 posts, and *all* of them are defending them. Sure sounds like they are on this forum...

Considering the number of people that have had the *same* problems with them, perhaps it is more than just not reading a FAQ. Hmmm??
I'm not defending them but like I said before I see them regularly and try to get any messages to them from the forums when I can, not including the pissing and moaning.
Ceawlin Alreding
Archive Member

Bole W-
If you would not mind PMin' Me, I'll get Dave's info from him.
I appreciate the help.
Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

pm'd
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Bole Weevil wrote:
Oscad wrote:

I'm not defending them but like I said before I see them regularly and try to get any messages to them from the forums when I can, not including the pissing and moaning.

If that was directed at me, I can assure you I am not "pissing and moaning" I am stating, in very level, and serious tones my opinion of the business practices.
My opinion was stated, and validated.
And that is all I have to say on that matter.

D. Sebastian
Archive Member

Post by D. Sebastian »

Hi Bole Weevil,

No offence, but other than you, I know everyone on this thread personally as people that I would trust to watch my children.
You say that you "know them" (Schmitthnner), but your posts read as though you are them.

Can we ask who you are? An SCA name? What group you play with?
Transparency will help your cause quite a bit.

For you, as a suspect anonymous to call people names because they expect the basic courtesy of customer service when money is involved does not speak well of you - or your "friends". In fact, it does the opposite.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I sure wouldn't recommended Schmitthnner based alone on your defense of them - regardless of my personal relationship with those mistreated by Schmitthnner. Just saying. Thought you might want to know how this all comes across to an outsider.
SCA Demo .com
Like it? Link it!

Mattyds .com
(my site)
Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

I'm not an active SCA member. I see them regularly because I've been working for them part time for the past...about 6 months. My opinion of them may be of help as I have had a closer association with them and have found them to be great folks. Maybe I've overstepped my boundaries by trying to act as a mediator to help here. I sure don't want to lose my job because of it.
Ceawlin Alreding
Archive Member

My buddy got his stuff today. From what I can tell from a third party IM on FB, he is happy with the product.
Thanks Bole for helping Schmitt with a little communication, the moment I told Dave his order was being processed, he calmed right down.
Bole Weevil

Post by Bole Weevil »

Happy I could help, Ceawlin. Its apparent that although some people feel "mistreated" its probably more that they really don't want to admit they might be wrong. And Sebastian...I didn't call anyone names. I merely described what frame of mind they might have.
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Bole Weevil wrote:Happy I could help, Ceawlin. Its apparent that although some people feel "mistreated" its probably more that they really don't want to admit they might be wrong. And Sebastian...I didn't call anyone names. I merely described what frame of mind they might have.
You need to be a bit more subtle in your backhanded comments my friend.

David Lippmann

Post by David Lippmann »

I ordered 3/4 arms & legs back in October 2010. They have been difficult to contact but on the few instances I did manage, they told me that my order would be processed immediatly.

This was there last reply on 2 May 2001:

"We have been advised that due to a technicality with customs that the
package has been kicked back to us. We are currently crafting a new set of
legs and arms for you and are trying to get it shipped as soon as possible.
I apologize for what is a rare instance and we are trying to make sure that
this problem does not arise again."

Best Regards,
Brawn Barber

I wish I had read this forum prior to placing my order in the amount of $350 !
Mr Barber mentions in his e mail that there was issues with customs ??? Was the leather still attached to the cow ??? and this was a "rare instance"

It is now 10 months since placing order & nothing to date.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Dante di Pietro
Archive Member

Post by Dante di Pietro »

I got some 3/4th arms from them. Communication was awful, and they took about 6 or 7 months to eventually get to me. The fact that they don't seem to check email more than once a month and offer no phone number to call is a terrible business practice. I would not buy from them again nor recommend them to anyone.
"One must know that the unaccompanied sword is the queen and foundation of all other weapons."
--Ridolfo Capoferro, 1610
XtankX

Post by XtankX »

Blah these guys are horrible took alot of teeth pulling to get my stuff...

Good Luck