Will the BoTN change the SCA:s HF game?

For those of us who wish to talk about the many styles and facets of recreating Medieval armed combat.
thunderwinde
Archive Member

Re: Will the BoTN change the SCA:s HF game?

Post by thunderwinde »

Someone may have pointed this out already, but I can see BotN actually affecting the materials higher-end SCA armour is made of. There has already been a slow creeping in of spring steel as a top material, but I think serious fighters considering a big purchase will think twice before purchasing something in stainless or titanium when there might be even a remote chance they might want to get involved in ACL/BotN at some point. Very few people will want to buy two suits just to do that.
Stefan ap Llewelyn
Archive Member

Post by Stefan ap Llewelyn »

Diglach Mac Cein wrote:As long as BoTN folks leave their calibration and registration off the SCA field, and visa-versa, I see no problem.
Just as an FYI: It was obseved in the UK battle of Tewkesbury this year that some BoTN techniques were being used (grapping and throws) on the field despite them being disallowed under the rules of the show.
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because there were giants standing on my shoulders.
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Post by Lucian Ro »

Stefan ap Llewelyn wrote:Just as an FYI: It was obseved in the UK battle of Tewkesbury this year that some BoTN techniques were being used (grapping and throws) on the field despite them being disallowed under the rules of the show.
I can see a bunch of the non-BOTN guys doing a, "What the hell???"-look after getting hit with some of those illegal techniques. Wouldn't be too much fun to be on the recieving end of that if you didn't expect it.
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Per pale argent and purpure, a dragonfly counterchanged and on a chief sable a dagger reversed argent.

When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph. -Pierre Corneille
Stefan ap Llewelyn
Archive Member

Post by Stefan ap Llewelyn »

Lucian Ro wrote:I can see a bunch of the non-BOTN guys doing a, "What the hell???"-look after getting hit with some of those illegal techniques. Wouldn't be too much fun to be on the recieving end of that if you didn't expect it.
Yeah, it caused a little bit of tension but luckily no one got stupid over it.
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because there were giants standing on my shoulders.