Cian Spring Cleaning - more stuff

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Cian Spring Cleaning - more stuff

Post by Cian of Storvik »

Before you offer to buy, please wait for me to post pics, price and details of items. I'm going through my trove of goods and looking at pieces that I never/no longer use and thinking that they would get more use in other people's kits/collections. In the spirit of less is more?
First are a couple of belts. One is black the other brown. They are both soft, supple, heavy chap leather and measure 1.125" in width. Optimally, they are made for someone with a 36" to 42" waist. (the holes are punched to those optimal measurements, over a cotehardie).

The black has 26 escallop mounts in pewter from Billy and Charlies. The buckle, buckle plate, and chape are nickle plated brass. I believe the buckle was from Armour and Castings. The plate I made myself and has a trefoil cut-out in the center. The chape is from Raymond's Quiet Press and has been modified pretty heavily with a flower stud, and cut out so that it hardly recognizable as the original. Length from heel of the buckle (base of tongue) is 62". Asking for $45+ship
The brown has 20 brass escallop mountings from Armor and Castings, as well as buckle (EK80) and chape (EX28) from same. Needs a good polish. Length from heel of buckle to chape tip is 60". Asking for $75+ship. Will throw in leather garters w/brass escallop shaped chapes and bronze buckles for free with purchas as they match the belt pretty good. SOLD!!!. Image
A plaque belt of pressed steel escallops. This is optimal to sit on the hips of a male with 36-38" waist (not sure that helps as I don't know what my hip measurement is) over coathardie. They are 18 linked 2"x2.25" pressed escallops in 22 ga steel. These will dent! Don't wear when fighting. They are also mild steel and will rust if you don't treat them well. Asking $20+ship

A dark brown learther kidney pouch mostly hand stitched but some machine stitching.(SOLD AND SHIPPED!!!)

Bone & pewter linear pasternoster; 20 ave beads. 3 paters. The crucifix is ox bone with a pewter (?) body of Christ. Cross measures 3.5" tall The paters are german silver (I believe) and the ave's are lovely spiral cut and dimpled ox bone rounds about 1/2" diameter. Tassel at opposite to crucifix is satin floss in bone and white color. Asking $40+ship.

Amber and wood paternoster; 20 ave beads. 3 paters. The Ave's and Paters are man made amber, perfect spheres. The aves are mahogony color, the paters are honey color with filligree bead caps. The crucifix is supposedly olive wood which I dyed a mahogony color to compiment the beads and the tassel. Christ in pewter with laquer to give bronze tone (which I did excellently, I might add, with small INRI plaque nailed above christ. all assembled with teeny-tiny nails. The tassel is satin brown and gold. Wooden cross measures 3"x 1.75". Asking $30+ship.SOLD!!!
Windlass Steelcrafts Medieval Dagger with bronze (?) crossguard and pommel.(SOLD AND SHIPPED!!!)

Windlass Steelcrafts sword hilted dagger (wheel pommel, downswept cross hilt). Retails for $90 w/sharpened carbon steel blade. Asking for $60+ship.
Size large Icefalcon Gambeson in white. Worn once (and not for fighting). Too hot for summer months. I think I paid $150. Asking for $70 +ship.
Bud K warhammer. (SOLD!!!!)

White Bat Armoury Wisby type coat of plates. (SOLD AND SHIPPED!!!)

Bascinet, helm bucket. Stainless 16-18 ga? (varies a bit in thickness). Stamped with a gryphon armorer mark. Welded down center. No visor. Yours for $70+ship. Might have a sheet of stainless I can include for you to make a visor with. I found a sheet of stainless is 304 and is 20 ga (.038") thick 12"x24" rectangle, that I can throw in.

For pics of the bascinet, go to this thread HERE

I'm not going to bother photographing the icefalcon gambeson as I think they've been shown enough on here.

Westland turnshoes, vegetable tanned. Dyed brown (chocolate). Size 13 US. I wore these for a couple of days at Pennsic (with socks and hosen), until I walked down a gravel path and set them aside (These are the original thin soled shoes Westland was making. More like slippers. Not for walking on gravel!). They were neatsfooted after Pennsic, and in excellent condition. No wear on the soles. These have been altered. They look as they do in the following photos, but more like a milk chocolate color since the neatsfoot oil. These are for someone with a narrow to medium foot. If you have a fat foot or flat arches, they are not for you. They can fit a size 13, but I believe are optimal for someone with a 12.5 foot. They might be a tad loose on a US size 12.
Asking for $30+ship.

Maciejowski two-handed Falchion replica. (SOLD!!!)
I can do paypal and money orders or cash in person.
I'll welcome questions via PM.
-Cian
Last edited by Cian of Storvik on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 14 times in total.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Re: Cian Spring Cleaning -GO!

And I think this is all for now. Pm if you have questions about sizes/dimensions or offers.

I could use another H.E. cotehardie in black or dark blue. Size Large. And would consider one in trade. Otherwise proceeds will be used to purchase a new one.
-Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
waveicle
Archive Member

Re: Cian Spring Cleaning

Post by waveicle »

Dibs on hammer.
Perfect is the enemy of Done.
Adamo
Archive Member

Post by Adamo »

I'll take the coat of plates, assuming shipping isn't as much as the up front cost. Could you get me a quote for shipping to ZIP 11793?

Adam
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

COP to 11793 is $13.24 via Fed Ex home delivery.
Adamo
Archive Member

Post by Adamo »

Great. PM me your Paypal account and the total and I will send the funds tonight.

Adam
Jonathan Baird
Archive Member

Post by Jonathan Baird »

i would like the kidney pouch and the bronze handled windlass dagger.
This is my sword. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sword is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sword, without me, is useless. Without my sword, I am useless.
Tibbie Croser
Archive Member

Post by Tibbie Croser »

Cian, if anything doesn't sell, would you consider donating it to the Storvik baronial auction at Novice Tourney? Kunigunde is running the auction.
Flittie Smeddum of Dagorhir
Tibbie Croser of the SCA
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

I've donated a lot of stuff to Storvik over the past 5 years. If I donate anything this time around, It will most likely go to JT or another group that I feel I've been neglecting.

*EDIT* In Fact if anyone wants to make an offer on any of the 3 belts, and we agree to the price, you can simply send the money to JT. When he says he's got the cash, I'll send you the goods.
You get to donate to the Armor Archive directly, and get a cool accessory as a momento.
-Cian
grendel
Archive Member

Post by grendel »

What is left, I am interested in a complete set: dagger, belt, pouch and beads.
Lord Jean d' Leeds

"Cum natus es, flevisti et mundus gavisus est. Vive vitam tuam ut cum mortuus fueris, mundus fleat et gaudeas tu."
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

S/Gideon has the pouch and bronze dagger already paid for.
But both of the leather belts and the sword-hilted black dagger are available as are both paternosters.
The black belt and silver hardware with the black dagger and the bone paternoster would look pretty sweet together.
-Cian
grendel
Archive Member

Post by grendel »

Cian of Storvik wrote:S/Gideon has the pouch and bronze dagger already paid for.
But both of the leather belts and the sword-hilted black dagger are available as are both paternosters.
The black belt and silver hardware with the black dagger and the bone paternoster would look pretty sweet together.
-Cian

Funny, I used to be called Gideon.

How much for the black set, shipped to 03036?

I will also jump in line for the hammer, if for any reason it falls through.
Lord Jean d' Leeds

"Cum natus es, flevisti et mundus gavisus est. Vive vitam tuam ut cum mortuus fueris, mundus fleat et gaudeas tu."
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Re: Cian Spring Cleaning - more stuff

Cotton Ice gambeson, Brown leather belt (& garters), Brown paternoster, turnshoes and falchion; all still available. Might have a couple more items this weekend.
-Cian
Kormak
Archive Member

Post by Kormak »

pm sent..
Kormakr Mikjallson
Grimkell the Dane
Archive Member

Post by Grimkell the Dane »

I will take the falchion. Will you be at highland river melee tomorrow? I can just pick it up there. Will pm
Adamo
Archive Member

Post by Adamo »

The coat of plates got here this morning; very easy transaction and the item was just as expected.

Thanks,

Adam
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Thank you for the fast payment, and communication. Hopefully it will serve you well. -Cian
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

White L Gambeson, brown belt, amber paternoster, stainless 16/18 ga helm and turnshoes still for sale.

Black belt, bone paternoster, sword hilted dagger, and hammer have dibs. Other items have been paid for.

-Cian
Kelby
Archive Member

Post by Kelby »

Pics and price on the gambeson?
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

I have more pics:
Stainless light gauge bascinet:
Gambeson
Shoes

The gambeson is $70+shipping.
-Cian
uwhguy
Archive Member

Post by uwhguy »

Hi Cian,

Can you please bring the shoes and helm to practice on Monday or Storvik Novice next weekend. I want to make sure they will work for me, but if they do, I will take them both. Tentatively calling dibs...

Sincerely,

Carlyle
Lord Carlyle
Squire to Sir Gaius Tascius Severus Fabianus
Warlord of the Sergeants of St. Aiden
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Any remaining items purchased, payments will be made directly to JT.
Help support an underpaid, overworked, underappreciated, and not too physically attractive webmaster.

-Cian
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

I think I'm going to keep the plaque belt and the shoes.

The 18 ga stainless helm, medieval dagger (black leather grip/scabbard), gambeson, bone paternoster, and black belt are still available. All other items are paid for and shipped.
MalkomeKarre
Archive Member

Post by MalkomeKarre »

PM sent on gambeson
Willing minion of the feline overlords.