FS: WTC Wisby CoP - $175

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
WinterTreeCrafts
Archive Member

FS: WTC Wisby CoP - $175

Post by WinterTreeCrafts »

Hey folks, I've had this CoP sitting on my shelf for quite a while. It was one of my first dozen CoP's and was a victim of the bad batch of rivets a ways back. It is otherwise new except for shelf and display wear.

Simply put, the time it will take me to drill out the bad rivets and replace them would be better spent just building an entirely new CoP. But, if someone has a drill, a chunk of metal and a hammer they could repair this in an afternoon and have a schnazzy new CoP. Probably about 1/4 of the rivets need replacing.

It is a very dark brown leather with a hint of red to it, brass rivets, 18 gauge mild steel plates and my usual hand-made hardware.

The pattern is the ubiquitous Wisby type 1 and is a little old compared to my current work (upper chest plates are a bit smaller and abdominal plates a bit larger proportionally and less contoured leather shaping) but is still quite effective.

CoP is sized for a fellow of average height and has a 46" circumference, meaning it would best fit a person with a chest/waist measurement of 43"-46" (47" with a gap)

I'm selling it for about half retail price and I will include 1/2 lb. of brass rivets and washers to make the repairs.

Asking price is $175 plus shipping. Will consider offers. Proceeds will go towards paying for the new Hans Prunner book which naturally had to come out right *after* I spent most of my money :(

-Erik
Winter Tree Crafts LLC
www.wintertreecrafts.com
Morvran Draweswerd
Archive Member

Re: FS: WTC Wisby CoP - $175

Post by Morvran Draweswerd »

Nice work!
Archers can't hit us from this dis.......
Paladin74
Archive Member

Post by Paladin74 »

What is the deal with the bad rivets? Will they pop out or are they just unappealing to look at? At a glance I see nothing wrong.
Dulce Bellum Inexpertis. -Pindar

Knight, Order of the Marshal
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Post by Lucian Ro »

Why the hell isn't it smaller? Damn you, Erik. :wink:
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Per pale argent and purpure, a dragonfly counterchanged and on a chief sable a dagger reversed argent.

When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph. -Pierre Corneille
Hanko Kal
Archive Member

Post by Hanko Kal »

Lucian Ro wrote:Why the hell isn't it smaller? Damn you, Erik. :wink:
Why the hell isn't it bigger? You have enough pretties Lucian. No soup for you, 1 year.

p.s. Yes, we have met before in Trimaris.
Glauben Sie und folgen Sie Ihrer Ehre.

Believe and follow your honor. Without believing it, a man is very little, without honor, he is nothing, without following it, he has failed.

Hanko
Lucian Ro
Archive Member

Post by Lucian Ro »

Ezarc wrote:
Lucian Ro wrote:Why the hell isn't it smaller? Damn you, Erik. :wink:
Why the hell isn't it bigger? You have enough pretties Lucian. No soup for you, 1 year.

p.s. Yes, we have met before in Trimaris.
Lol, fair enough! I'll just dig for pretties elsewhere. :wink:
Lord Lucian Ro
MKA
Scotty Riopel

Per pale argent and purpure, a dragonfly counterchanged and on a chief sable a dagger reversed argent.

When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph. -Pierre Corneille
Micah Nelson
Archive Member

Post by Micah Nelson »

If only it wasn't brown...
Overkill is underrated.
Hacky2447
Archive Member

Post by Hacky2447 »

BLARG! Me want! but I gotta wait till after chiristmas. if you still have it by then... (prays).... I will most deffinatley purchase this from you.
WinterTreeCrafts
Archive Member

In response to some PM's

So the bad rivets:

The rivets are solid brass #12 solid shank. Not pop rivets or anything like that, these are the brass equivalents of the #12 copper belt rivets you see around a lot.

Basically I got burned by a bad batch a few years ago and the rivet heads will pop off of the shaft, leaving the peined shaft stuck in the hole on the metal but the head is gone and thus theres nothing holding the metal plates to the leather. When you look at the two parts it looks completely sheared off however you can pop the head off pretty much with a finger nail (which is obviously a problem). Its odd, they survived being peined but then the heads just pop right off.

Not enough rivets are bad that the armour will fall apart, but it looks ugly and if you have more than 1-2 rivets out on a plate it will start to flop around more than it should and stress the remaining rivets. To use the armour they really need to be replaced.

To replace them, you can sometimes get away with a hammer and a center punch (or small screwdrivers/rod) and just put the armour across a vise or something to support the metal plate but allow space behind the rivet and just pop it out with the rod and hammer. More stubborn ones that have expanded in their hole will need to be drilled out. Replacement rivets again will be provided and all you need is a ball pein hammer, diagonal cutters (to trim the rivet length down) and something anvil-like (railroad track, even a vise anvil can suffice) to pein the new rivet in place.

Easy peasy, just takes some time.
-Erik
Winter Tree Crafts LLC
www.wintertreecrafts.com
WinterTreeCrafts
Archive Member

CoP is sold pending payment, thanks folks.
-Erik
Winter Tree Crafts LLC
www.wintertreecrafts.com