Ukranian armorers & PayPal.

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Guy H.
Archive Member

Ukranian armorers & PayPal.

Post by Guy H. »

Hello all and happy holidays. I am just wondering why virtually all armorers in the Ukraine don't take paypal? I sell on ebay and I know paypal is available there & world wide for that fact. Why don't they use it as a form of payment? I love the armor I have received from some of the stores in the Ukraine that advertise on this forum but the Western Union fees and lack of ability to get refunds on non-receipt of merchandise etc just hinder most purchases (for me anyway). Are they afraid of charge backs? I'm sure I may have answered part of my own question but I would like to hear it from the armorers as to why they don't accept paypal.
Odd
Archive Member

Re: Ukranian armorers & PayPal.

Post by Odd »

They do not receive the full use of the service. They can use it to send money via credit card, but not to receive, or even place money themselves into their accounts. Paypal claimed in the past to have fixed this problem, but most folks say it still exists. There are some folks who can mosey on over a national border, but for most, it is a greater inconvenience.
Dafydd
Archive Member

Post by Dafydd »

To the best of my knowledge, this article's details are still correct:

http://profy.com/2011/08/30/paypal%E2%8 ... d-ukraine/

At this point, while payments can be sent via PayPal to Ukrainian armorers, they can't withdraw the money (they can only spend it via PayPal). PayPal needs to get their shit together re: Russian and Ukrainian business.
Earl Dafydd ap Gwynedd, KSCA
per barry engrailed of nine, vert and argent, a raven's head erased, proper
"In democracy, it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes..."
Guy H.
Archive Member

Post by Guy H. »

That is indeed odd. I have received and sent money through PayPal to the Ukraine recently and have had no issues on their end for receipt. Perhaps I was lucky enough to sell/buy from a people who lived close to a national border to complete the transaction. Thanks for the response & info as I did not know of that issue.
PatternWeld
Archive Member

Post by PatternWeld »

I can say with certainty that if Paypal worked properly there I would have spent thousands of $ with Ukrainian armourers.

As it sits having to pay with Western Union leaves me too vulnerable to theft to consider using it for any large transaction.

Paypal really does need to work to get functional within Ukraine because I know there is a lot of folks like myself that won't risk a Western Union transaction.
Jonathan Baird wrote: If the way were meant to be easy it would teach you no lesson.
Rhyance wrote:Seek excellence the way a man with his hair on fire seeks a pond. Rinse and repeat. Every day.
GunnarUlfson
Archive Member

Post by GunnarUlfson »

Guy H. wrote:That is indeed odd. I have received and sent money through PayPal to the Ukraine recently and have had no issues on their end for receipt. Perhaps I was lucky enough to sell/buy from a people who lived close to a national border to complete the transaction. Thanks for the response & info as I did not know of that issue.
Maybe they don't mind using paypal to spend the money while others want to use it locally for food and such. :)
KyKa
Archive Member

Post by KyKa »

Hello
Gentlemen, I'll answer your question as armour producer from Ukraine.

1) First of all, like You told before, PayPal in Ukraine works only "to send money". There is only one possibility to "receive", is than something is wrong on ebay item. Money returns with a special check (it can be used only to buy another item). You can't even take this money back in cash.
As You could understand, PayPal in Ukraine, usualy have only people, who buy on ebay.
But even in that way is not so easy to make this account in banks.

2) Another point of view, a very-very small number of ukrainian armories works legal and only some percent don't hide their income.
That's the reason, why you can't even send a SWIFT-payment via credit card (Visa and MasterCard secure payments).
That's why everybody likes Western Union.

3) I've chosed third way. Because my web-site is in progress and starting of my business on 100% is not finished at the moment. I use a help of "trade agent company" in USA. I use their PayPal account to receive my payment. After receiving, they send it to my country. But it is not so easy as could be suspected.

Why it is suitable for You?
You can send money by PayPal and you have warrantys not just from me, but from this company which can return your money if something will be with problems (item, shipping and other) and only after you, they will solve it with me.

Why it is not suitable for me? It is very expensive!
They have a very big percent from me (it is up to 10% with all transfers, if it's on ebay with it's services I pay almost 17% together).
I accept PayPal, but it is more suitable for me to take a Western Union transfer (faster and easier). I know that WU is expensive, that's why I offer a discount (5% from price of item) to customer if he will agree to send by WU. But if customer insists on PayPal - ok, I can take it. So in that case I'll have to wait quite long time, to take my money from "trade agent company" and because of that also harder to start work with order.

Besides, name of company - Westernbid. They are realy long time on this business and they have an office in USA. I have a contract with them, they have all my docs copys and so on. They have a good feedback on market.

How I plan to solve this problem im my case?
3rd option is a temporary solution. With launching of my web-site I'll provide a scan of documents that I'm a registered businessman, so you could check this information. Real adress, real photo's of smith. I even thinking about live web-cam :-)
There also will be a section for feedback.
But I plan to make a default payment by SWIFT payments directly on my credit card (Visa and MasterCard secure payments) and optionaly you'll be able to take PayPal or WebMoney and you'll have to cover the difference of percentage.

P.S. I've started my business recently, on this forum I've appeared maybe a week ago.
I you need some information about me - it is this topic (not advertisement, just don't want to copy info about me again).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143684
The Iron Dwarf
Archive Member

Post by The Iron Dwarf »

thank you KyKa
it is ok to advertise here unlike on some forums and this is the right section to do it in, also in the armour design section you can show you work with less advertising ( look to see what others do firse )
there are several Ukraine armourers on here and they have a good reputation.
I am nothing to do with running this forum, I am just a person posting here so it is best to see how others use it.
I am not an armourer or a person who would buy armour to use ( I mainly make tools for armourers ) and I am based in England
forges, stake plates, tools and lots more

want to join ebid? its free to join as a buyer
http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/52487

Nanus Ferreus
"you're even more devious than Aaron!" an anon forum poster!
Jolly Knight
Archive Member

Post by Jolly Knight »

KyKa wrote:Hello
Gentlemen, I'll answer your question as armour producer from Ukraine.

1) First of all, like You told before, PayPal in Ukraine works only "to send money". There is only one possibility to "receive", is than something is wrong on ebay item. Money returns with a special check (it can be used only to buy another item). You can't even take this money back in cash.
As You could understand, PayPal in Ukraine, usualy have only people, who buy on ebay.
But even in that way is not so easy to make this account in banks.

2) Another point of view, a very-very small number of ukrainian armories works legal and only some percent don't hide their income.
That's the reason, why you can't even send a SWIFT-payment via credit card (Visa and MasterCard secure payments).
That's why everybody likes Western Union.

3) I've chosed third way. Because my web-site is in progress and starting of my business on 100% is not finished at the moment. I use a help of "trade agent company" in USA. I use their PayPal account to receive my payment. After receiving, they send it to my country. But it is not so easy as could be suspected.

Why it is suitable for You?
You can send money by PayPal and you have warrantys not just from me, but from this company which can return your money if something will be with problems (item, shipping and other) and only after you, they will solve it with me.

Why it is not suitable for me? It is very expensive!
They have a very big percent from me (it is up to 10% with all transfers, if it's on ebay with it's services I pay almost 17% together).
I accept PayPal, but it is more suitable for me to take a Western Union transfer (faster and easier). I know that WU is expensive, that's why I offer a discount (5% from price of item) to customer if he will agree to send by WU. But if customer insists on PayPal - ok, I can take it. So in that case I'll have to wait quite long time, to take my money from "trade agent company" and because of that also harder to start work with order.

Besides, name of company - Westernbid. They are realy long time on this business and they have an office in USA. I have a contract with them, they have all my docs copys and so on. They have a good feedback on market.

How I plan to solve this problem im my case?
3rd option is a temporary solution. With launching of my web-site I'll provide a scan of documents that I'm a registered businessman, so you could check this information. Real adress, real photo's of smith. I even thinking about live web-cam :-)
There also will be a section for feedback.
But I plan to make a default payment by SWIFT payments directly on my credit card (Visa and MasterCard secure payments) and optionaly you'll be able to take PayPal or WebMoney and you'll have to cover the difference of percentage.

P.S. I've started my business recently, on this forum I've appeared maybe a week ago.
I you need some information about me - it is this topic (not advertisement, just don't want to copy info about me again).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143684

In general this is exactly what I wanted to say. :wink:

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Quisque fortunae suae faber.
Welcome to my site.
Facebook
Guy H.
Archive Member

Post by Guy H. »

Yes, great explanation KyKa. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
VikingofKiev
Archive Member

Post by VikingofKiev »

I can only confirm all that KyKa has said above - PP doesn't fully function here and we have to work via an intermediate billing company to be able to accept PP payments and cash them here then. One more inconvenience of this awkward system is that the money goes to us too long - ie. we don't get it just as soon as an order has been payed - usually we receive it in a month or so. The billing company takes commission and apart from it it has it's own regulations according to which the less orders we take per month the longer the money go from the billing company to us.
That's another point to WU and the likes.
armsandarmor
Archive Member

Post by armsandarmor »

i used paypal with willy trambone, twice. he's in ukraine. the other ones ive used took western union, which is just as easy/quick but theres a fee.
KyKa
Archive Member

Post by KyKa »

No problem, I'm glad that my post was useful :-)