Serpantine handgonne/harquebus for sale

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Serpantine handgonne/harquebus for sale

Post by Cian of Storvik »

No financial interest. You'll have to contact the seller for any other information other than what I've posted here...
I purchased a differnt handgonne from this gent, and he has a serpantine harquebus for sale as well. NO LOCK. just a serpantine lever, but it's mounted on a buttstock like a 15th century style handgonne. It's one he picked-up from a reenactor, had it cleaned and inspected for safety, and has been okayed to shoot.

He's asking $300 + shipping. His email is info@ivanhenry.com

He also imports collars of bandoliers (apostles), pistols, matchlocks and blunderbusses (in brass and steel) at what looks like a good price. Not much particular cup of tea, but thought I should mention it in case anyone is interested. Note that the serpantine is a one-off. He doesn't sell serpantine harquebus's as a regular item. Though he does sell matchlocks. http://www.ivanhenry.com

He has these items and more on his website. Mainly though, I wanted to point out the serpantine.
Matchlock
Doglock
French brass blunderbuss
Collar of bandoliers (12+1)
Belt of bandoliers (6+1):

Here is a similar Southern German serpantine matchlock from the Kultur Museumzentrum Schloss Glatt. It has the same pinned bent "S" type firing mechanism, w/screw. And it aligns, like the replica, centered under the butt. As well as having a lidded fire pan. This one is dated to the 1600's. A larger picture can be seen on Wikipedia under the title "matchlock". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchlock

=Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

Re: Serpantine handgonne/harquebus for sale

Bumping this, as the classifieds are moving at light speed.
I added a photo above of a similar extant matchlock in Germany.
-Cian
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Anonymous
When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality. -Thomas Jefferson
Tancred de Lanvellec
Archive Member

Post by Tancred de Lanvellec »

Just emailed a friend about this
armsandarmor
Archive Member

Post by armsandarmor »

thanks for posting about these
Cryptos
Archive Member

Post by Cryptos »

O.O

WOW!
Jim/Lucien

"And it's a fine wake I'll be wanting, with the best of everything, and beautiful women shedding tears and their clothes in distress, and brave men lamenting and telling fine tales of me in my great days." -American Gods
Cian of Storvik
Archive Member

I emailed Dana about items in stock, and he said that the Doglock blunderbuss, the French Military blunderbuss and the mini blunderbuss are in stock. But email if you want to confirm those or other items. If he doesn't have the exact item you want in stock, he says he will give a discount on pre-pays.

The brass barrel guns are very spiff. Makes me want to move to the 17th century in my collection.
-Cian
Karl Helweg
Archive Member

Post by Karl Helweg »

Thanks for posting this source for matchlocks.
Karl
http://earngyld.org/
I am from Oertha so I am automatically cooler than you.
Maeryk
Archive Member

Post by Maeryk »

Those are good looking apostles, too. And cheaper than I got mine, once you figure in the leather and cord.