sale Ti grieves, Ti shoulders cops, 14ga SS shield bosses

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
mrks
Archive Member

sale Ti grieves, Ti shoulders cops, 14ga SS shield bosses

Post by mrks »

hi there
in the spirit of the spring cleaning going on. Dimensions coming later in the day.
from one cancled order and one changing of the mind:

.025 6al-4v Ti grieves $200. built light these weigh a little over 3/4s of a pound. they are so light you will not know they are there.
they attach to your boots by sewing buffalo hide points and a calf strap. am willing to put a second buckle on the grieves so the legs can attach directly to the grieves like in the above picture. Dimensions are 15 inches top to bottom out seam and front from top of foot to top of shin 12 1/2 inches.
They are protective and combat durable but being so light they are vulnerable to being squished.
meaning that being at the bottom of a bunch of armor bags without being stored inside your legs cuises means they are at risk for getting crushed.
care must be taken storing them in something that wont crush down. a helmet also works.
sorry legs are sold.
SOLD: atriculating .050(18ga) 6-2-2-2 shoulder cops $150 : designed to ride low not be clunky or noticable in combat yet give bombproof protection.
never had a dent yet from rattan. these can be crushed, spindled or mangulated. will never rust and easily shine back up to almost new using a wheel and white diamond polish. has stainless rivets with 301 FH stainless washers for long life. will do custom rivet holes for hanging them and recommend using at least one point to attach them.

Shield Bosses:
SOLD: I now have 2 "A" shield bosses available price is $60 I have 4 blans ready to polish if someone wants one shipped within a day or two....

SOLD: 14ga 'B" Shield boss. I am picky this one is a bit" shallow" at 2inches deep. so its only $45 instead of the normal $60

SOLD: 4ga Stainless shield boss $55: modified to have the handle attached to the boss by hose clamping the handle to 12ga tabs welded to the back of the boss.
surface has slight imperfections due to using too high of welding heat. I consider this a 'B' or seconds piece.

boss specs: 14ga mirror polished Stainless Steel shield boss. It has been cold worked(no annealing for maximum work hardness) in a spiral sunk pattern by my four ton dishing machine and has eight copper rivet sized holes punched around the rim(3/8th to 1/2 inch) for mounting. spiral Sinking is like raising in that it keeps the center of the boss at almost the full thickness so it is extremely dent resistant. it is about 2 inches deep, approximately 7 3/4 inches across and the inside boss hole measures 6 1/4 across. it weigh about 7/8ths of a pound. rim is 3/8ths of an inch to 1/2"

all items require $10 shipping but can be combined.
usual no questions asked return policy as long at its reasonable and not 4 months later ;)

bigger pictures can be found here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1015826794 ... directlink
Last edited by mrks on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
sirmrks
mostly retired but still producing as a hobby.
am tired of making Titanium and 301 SS finger gauntlets
but still offer DIY shaped 301SS fingertip kits for $60 shipped.
usually can ship next day.
Rey
Archive Member

Re: Ti grieves Ti articulating shoulder cops and 14Ga shield

Post by Rey »

You start doing Shield Bosses in 301 yet?
mrks
Archive Member

Re: for sale grieves, shoulders and 2 14ga SS shield bosses

Post by mrks »

sorry missed your question as the post was off the first page.

no. am not sure I can dish 301 as deep as I can the 304.
might get a piece of half hard 301 but it wont save much weight or be much more dent proof.
darn good question though... as it would answer whether helms can be easily made from 301.
sirmrks
mrks
Archive Member

Re: sale Ti grieves, Ti shoulders cops, 14ga SS shield bosse

Post by mrks »

bump...
sirmrks
TiarnFionn

Post by TiarnFionn »

I see by your signature that you make finger gauntlets. Can you give me some details/specs? THNX!
THL Fionn of dun na nGal
Barony of Thor's Mountain
Meridies
mrks
Archive Member

Post by mrks »

hi there
there is a bunch of information on on facebook.
more than I care to share here due to the sheer volume of it.
you can find more at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/153930054673041/
or search for: Titanium Finger Gauntlet Support Group

here is a copy and paste from the above facebook group.:
Thanks for asking
mrks

Titanium Gauntlet Specs:
cost $600/Ti $500/301 FH .040 stainless(like spring). no money down payment for any reason.

both grounding and non grounding come gloved and padded. save $100 and glove them yourself. but I cannot guarantee fit unless you send me a pair of gloves. I offer full satisfaction with money back minus one way shipping for any reason. I will also make you or modify anything that doesnt fit or meet up to your requirements. once again: I never ever ever take prepayment and send pics when I ask for payment.

I am not a transaction based armourer but consider it a hobby and work with and value my clients. what I need from you is communication about your measurements and needs.

materials: titanium is .050(18 ga)al6-4v fingers, gadlings wrist and hand shell. knuckle bar is .063 Ti
articulation leather is high quality 6-7 oz black buffalo hide.
padding is 3/8 black yoga mat or 1/4 closed cell others available.
gloves are you own or medium thickness cowhide. all seams and whole glove are fortified by contact cement.
great weapon finger gauntlets use .071(14ga) al6-v4 titanium for the knucklebar/fingerplate/thumb piece and is an extra $100 due to the extreme difficulty of hotwork required.

cuffs: different types available. 3/4 articulating bell is attached by buffalo hide and has a wrist strap . solid cuffed bells do not need a wrist strap.

nongrounding fingers are riveted to buffalo hide which has the finger tips of the buffalo hide sewn onto the finger tip of the glove.

rattan grounding fingers: I usually contact cement( use a minimum of 3 coats on the ti and the glove) the fingers in which lasts the life of the glove (with maintenance). to reglove you use a heat gun or blowtorch to gently heat( lots of smoke is bad) the ti and the remove the gloves from the fingers. the fingers are attached to the the knuckle plate by buffalo hide. I am willing to punch sewing holes if it makes you feel more secure but holes in the sides of the contacting structure(fingers) weakens the fingers so I dont prefer to do so if possible. I have pairs now going the 2 or more seasons with no maintenance required. one guy came and showed me he uses gaffer/athletic tape on the fingers for a better grip and it makes him feel more secure.
I also contact cement the seams of the gloves which greatly extends the gloves useful lifetime.

happy to answer any question you care to ask so fire away.
sirmrks
TiarnFionn

Post by TiarnFionn »

Wow, that certainly answers most of my questions. Thanks!
THL Fionn of dun na nGal
Barony of Thor's Mountain
Meridies
Cian Shay
Archive Member

Post by Cian Shay »

what is the weight on a single Ti and a single Stainless finger gauntlet?
mrks
Archive Member

Post by mrks »

.050 al5-4v Ti gauntlet about 7/8ths of a pound.
.040 301 FH stainless gauntlet about 1 1/2 lbs. has .050 HH fingers

should be finishing a air of stainless and a pair of Ti gauntlets in a week.
will weigh them for final numbers.

many armourers dont post armour weights but with gauntlets it really makes a difference.

2lbs + is really heavy at the end of a long war day.
in my opinion you should always ask the weight of any piece of armour.
sirmrks
Caius705
Archive Member

Post by Caius705 »

Do you only do finger gaunts, or would you do mittens as well? I'd be interested in FH 301 mittens (no particular style in mind) for BotN/ACL combat.
"This quote was enough reason on its own to join AA. Period."
-Scott Landua
mrks
Archive Member

Post by mrks »

havent done mittens since 2006.
wasnt much of a market for them back then.
Will fool around with the patterns over the next month and see if they are adaptable.
There is a big difference between 301 FH stainless and Titanium formability wise.
will report back when I know more about pattern adaptability.

grettir the slow does awesome work for a grand but I am not sure what they weigh.
you should ask him via his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grettir.slow.
sirmrks