Crossbow(s) for sale or trade

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Crossbow(s) for sale or trade

Post by Lord_Kalen »

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z76/ ... 97d689.jpg

$125/20 shipping in the US for the above , got a picture while the sun was out but will come finished in Watco clear and I usually add a wood piece to help hold the bolt

Made of cherry , nominally 80 draw at 6-1/4 inch though this prod feels abit heavier then normal , need to check it with my scale later

will include 3 target bolts and works with Baldar and UHMW blunts

was going to stick this up on ebay but figure I'd post here instead

I do build many other patterns of crossbows ... including the Chinese Repeater ... and even a combat version of that ..
http://s193.photobucket.com/user/Lord_K ... 1227035238

Need to refill the coffers abit and reorder prods but I am also interested in trades as I am needing to assemble armor for this season - interested in a 15th century kit , but with the right helm I may go Viking/Saxon/Germanic ... but prefer building that as a living history impression ... not rattan fighting .. other then Maile and some splinted Bracers I need a full kit ..
Ironbadger
Archive Member

Re: Crossbow(s) for sale or trade

Post by Ironbadger »

I'm curious.

How is the prod held in place?
Is there a bolt through the center?

-Badger-
Maker of sharp and pointy things!
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

I use a wedge , driven in infront of the prod .. I've not actually seen the system used on "period" bows other then some of the Chinese crossbows .. but it is very easy for a buyer to assemble and is very secure I've yet to have a prod start to work loose on any of my personal crossbows , I can place a hole behind the prod for use with cosmetic lashing

I guess the term for these would be "munitions grade" , all I have done so far have been with fiberglass prods , but I do have an alchem steel prod on order for building a commissioned Barreled bullet crossbow ... and I do plan to sometime get around to making a smaller torsion operated ballista ..
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

Ok , got another near ready I'll post here for abit before it makes its way to ebay , this one nedds a few finishing touches beforeit gets boxed and shipped , another 80 draw at about 6-1/4 inches target SCA combat bow , rolling nut this time in the fashion of the Roman acrubalista , this one has a steel plat for reinforince as when I was chisling the area of the nut there was a small split

$150/20 shipping US , with 3 target bolts

tim_Belcher
Archive Member

Post by tim_Belcher »

you ever do anything just a tad lighter, like 450 inch lbs?
A gerbil on PCP is of tactical advantage if you know how to use it right.
This is my piece of list field and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands(facebook, Lori Caelwaerts sca heavy combat list)
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

this one is a nominal "520" I rounded up my observations , but as simple as shortening the draw by 1/2 inch or perhaps even using the longer strings .... theres 27in and 26.5 in .. hell not 100% sure what I even calculated these with .. had only recently paid attention to this ... anyways ..

I can shorten the draw length on one by that 1/2 inch easy enough , like this style or something more medieval ? I've also got a "120" prod in I am planning to doing some testing with , and ordered an alchem steel prod a month ago .... would be hypocritical complain though ...
JousterAlan
Archive Member

Post by JousterAlan »

Is the crossbow you posted on 4/26 still available? If so, I'd like to call dibs.
Dolar Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cictrices Virgines Placent
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

no , but theres a "ready" rolling nut in the same draw weight I've got on epay , has 17hours left but you can call dibs on it ( minus ebays percent) if it doesnt sell , or there is another thats a tad nicer that is closed to finish aswell as a "pistol" ( styled after a wheellock or early flint) I can build more pegs though and was planning to while working on an ebay order thats gotten late ....
Uilliam Le Syngur Ingelrie
Archive Member

Post by Uilliam Le Syngur Ingelrie »

:bump:
(Gules, a dragon's head couped within a wreath of thorns Or, a base embattled Or masoned sable.)
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

thanks for the bump ... now just to get one or two of these moved while those basket hilts are still up ...
tim_Belcher
Archive Member

Post by tim_Belcher »

not to necro a thread but watcha got for crossbows?
This is my piece of list field and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands(facebook, Lori Caelwaerts sca heavy combat list)
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

as readies , there is the Acruballista , a Pistol and a Medeival shoulder bow , all rolling nuts and 520ip rough estimate , theres a 2nd Medeival at near completetion and more stuff underway
tim_Belcher
Archive Member

Post by tim_Belcher »

prices?
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

$150 on the pistol or conventional "MedeivaL" and the Acruballista as its had the repair shown above , I been selling both the pistols and shoulders on ebay for $165 but ebay does take 10%
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

bump , 1 "520" Ip pistol availble as a ready , 2 shoulder 520ip's and one 960ip/120 draw
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Re: Crossbow(s) for sale or trade , RBGs aswell

Post by Lord_Kalen »

bump , $130 for a "pistol" (Renaissance profile) and a "520" shoulder bow ,both user grade but not super pretty pieces of cherry , theres a nicer "full draw" $150 on that right now ( kinda need to move things) I can fit it with either a heavy or light prod that'd make it even LARP legal though that'd probably add abit , got a few RBGs finished , and have material sitting around for more crossbows
Little John of Hamilton

Post by Little John of Hamilton »

Are you planning on having more?
Let me know.

Little John of Hamilton
Ego Credo, Ergo, Ego Servo
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

trying to get rid of a few of the existing ones before I build up stocks of new crossbows but I do also build to order and generally prefer it that way with much of what I make ,especially with my finances

what are you after ?
RandallMoffett
Archive Member

Post by RandallMoffett »

What do you have on hand right now?
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

well as I wrote above

1 "pistol" crossbow with a Renaissance styling fitted with a bar trigger
1 a basic rolling nut , didnt come out super pretty

$130 for either of those both are max 80 draw weight/520ip

A very nice 120 draw 960ip rolling nut , interesting grain pattern - $150

another 80/520 rolling nut , tillers a tad short to use over the shoulder , but its a nice one that I had retained for my use - $140

all come with 3 bolts , the last can ship the fastest but the other 3 will be about a week before I get them in the mail all are made of cherry
Hamish Nisbet
Archive Member
Location: Green Bay, WI, Barony of Windhaven, Kingdom of Northshield

Post by Hamish Nisbet »

Great crossbows, I am in the market for one and like the style, wondering if you have any in lighter poundage(like 35) as I am looking at one for a nephew who wants to do larp....
Baronet Hamish de Nisbet, OP
Northshield Kingdom Armored Combat Marshall
Lord_Kalen
Archive Member

Post by Lord_Kalen »

problem is getting a light weight prod , the "120" pound prods are great for light bows and using one I can make a 50 pound draw weight at 8 inches of draw that is both Amtgard and SCA legal ( 400ip with 450 being amtgard max), that shoots both Baldars and target bolts like a champ .... problem is I cant find any .. and I pulled my prod actually from my personal bow last time I tried so that I could fill an order ... doing the short draw to yeild a "520" with a "150" pound prod results in a bow that from observation is about as powerful if not less the bow I used a "120" prod on but by the math isnt legal

the only "ready" I have left is the pistol , need to get back in the business of making more , but lately they hadnt exactly been flying off the shelves