LARP Armoury Manufactorum (Fiberglass armors workshop)

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

LARP Armoury Manufactorum (Fiberglass armors workshop)

Post by Sergey Volk »

Greetings to all!
Let me introduce our workshop, LARP Armoury Manufactorum.
We are located in Sevastopol, Crimea, Russia and we specialize in manufacture of fiberglass armor for LARPG and all types of foam weapon fighting.

When the foam weapons became popular and often the only permitted type of weapon in LARPG in Russia, gamers started to think:" I no longer need extreme protection. Steel armors are awesome, but they are heavy, expensive and takes long time to manufacture. I want something more comfortable." That's why plastic replicas of steel armor appeared.
In contrast to the other workshops we make armors of a very strong material - fiberglass. It protects almost as steel and looks aesthetically, but lightweight and relatively inexpensive.
Fiberglass is a lightweight, extremely strong, robust and immensely versatile composite material made of a polymer matrix reinforced with glass fibres. It`s combines light weight with an inherent strength, a very low thermal conductivity (like wood), biological stability, moisture resistance and weather resistance finish.

Here are a few samples of our products:

Last edited by Sergey Volk on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Re: LARP Armoury Manufactorum (Fiberglass armors workshop)

Post by Sergey Volk »

That's what our armor look like "in action":

Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Every segment of historical armor analogues is mobile. We use aluminum rivets and leather straps.
Items ARE NOT PAINTED. We add metallic (or any wanted color) pigment to plastic matrix. So, no flaking, no cracking or scratching of surface.

Links to albums with prices and additional information( in the picture description).

Helmets.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10337203 ... banner=pwa

Body armors.

Arms and legs.

Common link to my picasa:

My e-mail anderwool24@gmail.com

I`ll be glad to answer any occurring questions.
Last edited by Sergey Volk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
MJBlazek
Archive Member

Post by MJBlazek »

Man, European LARPs are so much cooler than American ones!
Lord Alexander Clarke, Righteous Brother of the Priory of St. Colin the Dude, The Bear of Hadchester, Squire to Sir Cedric of Thanet

~Chivalry unpaired with Valor is a meal to starve a mans soul~
GunnarUlfson
Archive Member

Post by GunnarUlfson »

I wonder if this would be a viable option for Youth Combat. If the helms would test out correctly it would be a far cry better than the batting helms currently used. :)
InsaneIrish
SQUEEE!

Post by InsaneIrish »

GunnarUlfson wrote:I wonder if this would be a viable option for Youth Combat. If the helms would test out correctly it would be a far cry better than the batting helms currently used. :)

They have a video where they are pounding on one of these helms with a hammer. I would think they would work WELL for youth combat.
Insane Irish

Quote: "Nissan Maxima"
(on Pennsic) I know that movie. It is the 13th warrior. A bunch of guys in armour that doesn't match itself or anybody elses, go on a trip and argue and get drunk and get laid and then fight Tuchux.
Gregoire de Lyon
Archive Member

Post by Gregoire de Lyon »

In the second photo, why does the pikeman on the left have a piece of fabric on his chest sealed with a giant wax seal? I've only seen something like that in Warhammer 40K - is there a historical parallel that I'm unaware of?
Gregoire de Lyon

----
"I am going to go out to the shop to taste some leathers. I'll report back later." -- Mac
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

InsaneIrish wrote: They have a video where they are pounding on one of these helms with a hammer. I would think they would work WELL for youth combat.
:mrgreen:
1. Crash - test of the helm.
http://youtu.be/5q0stBN8bi8

https://picasaweb.google.com/1033720328 ... 4427155826

2. Crash-test of the helm part 2 (using 19lbs sword)
http://youtu.be/X_U7bbkizgw

https://picasaweb.google.com/1033720328 ... 0088201938

3. Action test of the armor.
http://youtu.be/ATnOt49Pyi0
https://picasaweb.google.com/1033720328 ... 6446219074
Last edited by Sergey Volk on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Gregoire de Lyon wrote:In the second photo, why does the pikeman on the left have a piece of fabric on his chest sealed with a giant wax seal? I've only seen something like that in Warhammer 40K - is there a historical parallel that I'm unaware of?
:lol: It was LARPG Warhammer 2013 Lustria in Russia.

Fantasy, not 40k.
Last edited by Sergey Volk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Caius705
Archive Member

Post by Caius705 »

Is there a price list for the futuristic armors? I'm on my phone, I may have missed them.
"This quote was enough reason on its own to join AA. Period."
-Scott Landua
Gregoire de Lyon
Archive Member

Post by Gregoire de Lyon »

Sergey Volk wrote:
Gregoire de Lyon wrote:In the second photo, why does the pikeman on the left have a piece of fabric on his chest sealed with a giant wax seal? I've only seen something like that in Warhammer 40K - is there a historical parallel that I'm unaware of?
It was LARPG Warhammer 2013 Lustria in Russia.

Thanks! :)

Very nice work - incredible detail.
Gregoire de Lyon

----
"I am going to go out to the shop to taste some leathers. I'll report back later." -- Mac
Mike Tutov
Archive Member

Post by Mike Tutov »

Hi, Volk!
Glad to see You on AA. I have to say that LARP Armory Manufactorum is well Known workshop and it has perfect reputation in Ukraine and Russia. I know these craftsmen personally. Among others they made a lot of copies of my goods :). Good luck!
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Thanks, Michael!
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Deal! Deal! Deal!

Free shipping for 2 first customers on Armour Archive!
David
Archive Member

Post by David »

I wonder how suitable some of this would be for foam tip jousting. We're just getting started with that out here in Caid, but some of the slighter riders find full armor too cumbersome to ride in. It certainly looks better than a tabard over an equestrian vest!
dartaghan
Archive Member

Post by dartaghan »

i dont see prices anywhere.
Sigvat Odvarsson
Archive Member

Post by Sigvat Odvarsson »

Follow the links in the third post in the thread. If you click a picture, the prices are in the description
Sigvat Odvarsson
House Golden Boar
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

David wrote:I wonder how suitable some of this would be for foam tip jousting. We're just getting started with that out here in Caid, but some of the slighter riders find full armor too cumbersome to ride in. It certainly looks better than a tabard over an equestrian vest!
David, this fiberglass armors made EXACTLY for foam weapon fighting.
David
Archive Member

Post by David »

Thanks, Sergey. I posted a link to your armor on the Caid equestrian board. The only real concern is how it would function in a fall off horseback. We want to make sure that it wouldn't have jagged edges if that happened. We also have to consider the potential impact of the cardboard tube that holds the styrofoam tip, as well as mounted combat "tourney batons" which are rattan core with foam padding. They hit somewhat harder than typical LARP style foam weapons.

Not trying to be negative-- I think your work has the potential to make foam tip jousting more accessible for many people. It also looks terrific :) But there's a few approval hoops to jump through before we could see it approved for SCA use. In any event, I've passed the info onto the Kingdom Earl Marshall for equestrian.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

David wrote: We want to make sure that it wouldn't have jagged edges

Armors we made are safe and comfortable both for people and for horses :).
David wrote:We also have to consider the potential impact of the cardboard tube that holds the styrofoam tip, as well as mounted combat "tourney batons" which are rattan core with foam padding. They hit somewhat harder than typical LARP style foam weapons.

The hammer and 19lbs iron sword that we used in a crash-test are harder than typical LARP style foam weapons too :).
Sergey Volk wrote: 1. Crash - test of the helm.
http://youtu.be/5q0stBN8bi8
2. Crash-test of the helm part 2 (using 19lbs sword)
http://youtu.be/X_U7bbkizgw

Whatever it was - the words are just the words. I can offer You to purchase one inexpensive product (e.g. simple breastplate) with discount and try it out. It will be the best way to check the quality.
Joust Junkie
Archive Member

Post by Joust Junkie »

David wrote:Thanks, Sergey. I posted a link to your armor on the Caid equestrian board. The only real concern is how it would function in a fall off horseback. We want to make sure that it wouldn't have jagged edges if that happened. We also have to consider the potential impact of the cardboard tube that holds the styrofoam tip, as well as mounted combat "tourney batons" which are rattan core with foam padding. They hit somewhat harder than typical LARP style foam weapons.

Not trying to be negative-- I think your work has the potential to make foam tip jousting more accessible for many people. It also looks terrific :) But there's a few approval hoops to jump through before we could see it approved for SCA use. In any event, I've passed the info onto the Kingdom Earl Marshall for equestrian.
David,
If you would like to do some, um, "Field Abrasion Testing" :roll: on this stuff at our SCA Jousting Clinic in Calafia in December, I'd be all for it and so would the KEO. Hoping that I can get our Society Equestrian Officer, Dame Arabella, to help with that clinic and I know she'd be interested in some development testing too. I would like to see how this stuff stands up to our activity too. Beware, Duke Patrick and I are both mundanely, in the Aerospace industry, and Dame Arabella is literally rocket scientist (PhD physicist actually). Let the testing begin! :twisted:

~ariadne
Eq. Deputy, Caid
Melius vives qui usus medicamina et bionics
Edward MacTavish
Archive Member

Post by Edward MacTavish »

how do you do payment and how much would shipping be on a kettlt helm and the 14th century knee cops? Also do plan on adding a globulose breast plate and 14th century style greaves to your line? Thanks,

Edward
Sir Edward Lindey, Knight of the Drawn Sword. ACL/BotN 2012

Saint Hubert's Rangers

Men of steel, in suits of iron forged legends of valour untarnished by time.

Argent, a boar statant and on a chief gules an arrow Or
David
Archive Member

Post by David »

Joust Junkie wrote:
David wrote:Thanks, Sergey. I posted a link to your armor on the Caid equestrian board. The only real concern is how it would function in a fall off horseback. We want to make sure that it wouldn't have jagged edges if that happened. We also have to consider the potential impact of the cardboard tube that holds the styrofoam tip, as well as mounted combat "tourney batons" which are rattan core with foam padding. They hit somewhat harder than typical LARP style foam weapons.

David,
If you would like to do some, um, "Field Abrasion Testing" :roll: on this stuff at our SCA Jousting Clinic in Calafia in December, I'd be all for it and so would the KEO. Hoping that I can get our Society Equestrian Officer, Dame Arabella, to help with that clinic and I know she'd be interested in some development testing too. I would like to see how this stuff stands up to our activity too. Beware, Duke Patrick and I are both mundanely, in the Aerospace industry, and Dame Arabella is literally rocket scientist (PhD physicist actually). Let the testing begin! :twisted:

~ariadne
Eq. Deputy, Caid
Is EVERYONE in the aerospace industry? Me, I'm just in the business of breaking airplanes. Or so maintenance control tells me. Joking aside, if anyone is familiar with what happens to composite materials when they get stressed, I have to imagine you guys would be. Yes, let's test out this stuff at the clinic! Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it.

@Sergy A wonderful offer. Yes, I would like to order a basic breastplate for testing. Could you PM me with the details for payment?
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Edward MacTavish wrote:how do you do payment and how much would shipping be on a kettlt helm and the 14th century knee cops? Also do plan on adding a globulose breast plate and 14th century style greaves to your line? Thanks,

Edward
Personal money transfer, such as Western Union, Moneygram etc. or Webmoney.

We can't take PayPal unfortunately. It`s PayPal system limitation for Ukraine. We can sent money, not derive.

Shipping for kettle helm and knees - 27$
And don`t forget about free shipping for first customers on AA :).

We are expanding our product range constantly. All new stuff will be presented in this topic.
Last edited by Sergey Volk on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

David wrote: A wonderful offer. Yes, I would like to order a basic breastplate for testing. Could you PM me with the details for payment?
PM sent.

I`m extremely interested in crush-test result too!
Murdock
Something Different

Post by Murdock »

hummmmm

You have these in tiny sizes...like kid sizes. My son would go CRAZY and the youth combat kids might love these.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Murdock wrote:hummmmm

You have these in tiny sizes...like kid sizes. My son would go CRAZY and the youth combat kids might love these.
Nothing is impossible :). We are working it out.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

And we`ve got first paid order. :)

Who is the next one? Hurry up!
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Something untypical .

Airsoft facemask, withstand the shocks of 145 m / s, color pigment added to plastic matrix, 60$.
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

We`ve got second order.
Thanks!
:)
jeff mccarl
Archive Member

Post by jeff mccarl »

Greetings.

Please let me know the address to send you money. Please add the cost of the shoulders
Thank You
Jeff McCarl
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

jeff mccarl wrote:Greetings.

Please let me know the address to send you money. Please add the cost of the shoulders
Thank You
Jeff McCarl
PM sent.

I`m incredibly glad You like armors we make!
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

First ordered product is ready to ship.

Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

New image of our products :)
(Armors was painted by owner.)
Sergey Volk
Archive Member

Post by Sergey Volk »

Second payed order is complete.