New batch of boffers/padded wasters/LARP weapons finished

For trading/Selling/and posting items that you need very badly.
Sebastian K
Archive Member

New batch of boffers/padded wasters/LARP weapons finished

Post by Sebastian K »

I finally got some things done, and here they are. Mostly swords and maces. If you have any questions feel free to shoot.

A few words on my construction:

These are all one of a kinds. I never build quite the same weapon twice unless a customer orders a duplicate. All shaping is done by hand. These are all made with either round or square pultruded fiberglass rods as cores. They have APDs to enhance longevity and increase safety. The foam is original Zotefoam "Plastazote". I apply five coats of thickened pre-vulcanized latex and cover it with a liquid Polyurethane to protect the latex and paint from aging and abuse, I use only pigments, nit ready made paints in order to achive better colours and to have fuill control over what goes into the latex.

I hope you enjoy, even if just for looking at them. The marks on the wooden rod are 20cm, approximately 8 inches apart. I have higher res pics of each iof these, too. Swords and Maces start at 75 Euros and range up to 125 Euros. I am very open to trades. If you make something, feel free to offer. I am always looking for garb, armour an accessories, either for me, or for someone in one of my groups!

Swords:

Maces

There, that should be it for now :)
The Original Archive Kraut
Vitus von Atzinger
Archive Member

Post by Vitus von Atzinger »

You wanted a 24x36 shield, right?
"I am trying to be a great burden to my squires. The inner changes we look for will not take place except under the weight of great burdens."
-Me
Magnus Ulfgarsson
Archive Member

Post by Magnus Ulfgarsson »

Great looking stuff.
Sir Magnus Ulfgarsson ( Price List )
http://www.dark-horse.ca/
Facebook: Dark Horse Custom Leather and Richard Wasnock
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHSSu6JFKwiOkLgzQSRZXRw
Email Preferred
DeCalmont
Archive Member

Post by DeCalmont »

Wow, those look great. :shock:
In Aqua, Vitam; In Vino, Veritas; In Cervisium, Felicitas; In Scotos, Illustratio
Damien381
Archive Member

Post by Damien381 »

These are really impressive and look WAY better than the average boffers and LARP weapons. Very good job.

My kids (under 12) play with boffers at war and I would love to equip them with these instead of the standard pool noodles "on-a-stick". I just want to be sure that they won't knock each other out when the non-intentional head shot happens!

What is the rigidity of these like as compared to the pool noodle? Also what feedback do you get from people that get smacked with these regarding that same comparison?
Damien MacGavin
--------------------------
No matter what the problem, the answer is more zip-ties!
Wolf
Archive Member

Post by Wolf »

how well do these hold up against hitting plate or mail?
Sebastian K
Archive Member

Post by Sebastian K »

Number 1 just sold.
Uillec

Post by Uillec »

At the price I would really hate to have the SCA youth marshal want to cut into the weapon to check the construction.
freiman the minstrel
Archive Member

Post by freiman the minstrel »

Beautiful work, as always.

I would be in the market except the one I bought from your five years ago is still going strong. You would actually sell more if they were less durable.

f
Act Your Rage
Sebastian K
Archive Member

Post by Sebastian K »

No, you certainly do not want anyone to cut into these for inspection. If you know how, you can check these without breaking them. Though if they are viable for outh Conbat in the SCA I do not know.

Freiman, thank you, I will take that as two compliments.
Sebastian K
Archive Member

Post by Sebastian K »

Wolf wrote:how well do these hold up against hitting plate or mail?
The games these are used in feature lots of armoured fighters. Unless the armour has sharp, unfinished edges, they hold up just as nicely as against unarmoured opponents.
Sebastian K
Archive Member

Post by Sebastian K »

Damien381 wrote:These are really impressive and look WAY better than the average boffers and LARP weapons. Very good job.

My kids (under 12) play with boffers at war and I would love to equip them with these instead of the standard pool noodles "on-a-stick". I just want to be sure that they won't knock each other out when the non-intentional head shot happens!

What is the rigidity of these like as compared to the pool noodle? Also what feedback do you get from people that get smacked with these regarding that same comparison?
Oops, sorry, that somehow slipped past me.

These are pretty firm. Not hard, but firm. The core is a bit flexible, but not whippy. I am pretty sure these are firmer than a pool-noodle boffer, but I have nevcer handled those. Maybe Freiman has a comparison, I believe he has handled both types?

They are not designed for head contact, but I have never senen anyone get hurt badly from an accidental hit. Sure, the ear will smart for a few moments, or one may have a red spot like from a slap, but nothing major as a rule.